PDA

View Full Version : Everyones favourite mexican is going to Worlds!!!!

Pablo
05/22/2004, 10:10 PM
YES YES YES you read it right, I am going to teh Worlds on Orlando Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so damed hyped up right now, I dont know if I want to cry or scream or what......... OK onto the report................

I woke up at 6 am so danged nervous, unbelievable, minutes longer than ever, FINALLY its 12:30 and I get to the tourney, register my deck, etc., Here is what I played:

Pokemon:

4 Torchic
2 Combusken
3 Blaziken
2 Blaziken ex
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
1 TA's Electrike
1 TA's Manectric
1 Secret card ;)
1 Rayquazza ex
4 Dunsparce

Trainers:

4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
2 PETM
2 Copycat
2 POR
2 Warp Point
1 Nurse
1 Switch
1 Town Volunteers
1 Secret card ;)

Energy:

1 Boost
1 Lightning
3 Multi
10 Fire

the tourney started around 2:00 pm, and lasted until 9:00 pm. There was an 80+ attendance I think, don't know the actual number. The pairings are posted and I go vs a guy that I lent my Gex deck to:

Round 1 vs Gex

The game went pretty fast, I won t6 or t7, he couldn't draw a single psychic energy and I got an awesome set up.

1-0-0

Round 2 vs Team Magma Deck

Again, this game ended like t10, he only delayed his loss by playing tons of basics, again Bex pwned badly all the way, and he either couldn't draw any energy.

2-0-0

Round 3 vs Swampert/ex/Team Magma's Aggron

This game was quite interesting, we exchanged various KO's, but he didn't play Crystral Shard, so Ray took care of the last 3 prizes. This deck was really well built, and did quite well I think.

3-0-0

Round 4 vs EXACT Mirror Match

I was expecting this, and it happened 3 times, there were 3 decks IDENTICAL, only variations were the number of Bex's and Rays, but this was a tough match, I got set up early with Delcatty and stuff, and he did too, but since he ran 2 Rays rather than 2 Bex's, he was forced to Blazi swarm because I was fully setup and could KO a Ray ANY time, and his lone Bex was in his prizes, which screwed him up real badly.

4-0-0

At this point I know Ill make top 8 for sure, and I get paired with an 11-14 player who is also undefeated, I didnt really care about the outcome of this match.

Round 5 vs Semi Mirror Match

He was playing Bex but without TAM. In this game, I was the one that couldn't draw ANYTHING, I got a Bex early but he got KOed by a Ray, and I couldn't come back from that, if only I had drawn a copycat, he had a 15+ card hand, who says Copycat ain't useful? coofWoopercoff

4-1-0

So I end up in 6th place for Top 8, and I get paired with the same guy that had my EXACT list. Top 8 was 2/3 games with 45 minute time limit.

Top 8/Round 6 vs EXACT Mirror Match

Game 1: Well I did beat him before, and I hoped to beat him again. My opening hand was 1 DR Torchic, 4 Fire energies, 1 Lightning Energy and 1 Multi Energy. He mulliganed twice which gave me a Fire energy and a second DR Torchic. I thought about conceding the first game without even starting, but I decided Id at least try. So he gets an awesome starts, but has an unbelievable energy drought, I kept drawing into stuff I needed, and kept doing 40 with DR Trochic and after became a Bex which won me the game. Definately the most awesome comeback ive made so far.

Game 2: I got a decent start this time, getting Catty t2 and I THINK I Volcanic Ashed t2 and KOed his only basic, the setup was GODLY.

So after this I am all hyped, I am 2 games away from the Worlds Championship, my only chance and I needed to win.

Top 4/Round 7 vs EXACT Mirror Match

Game 1: THIS was an EXACT mirror match, CARD BY CARD, so I'm like, only luck can determine this game. We both do the exact same things the first 3 turns, but since I started, I managed to get 100 on his Bex before he could on mine, I nursed my Bex and KOed his, so now I have a full set up, and the only thing that he can do is try and KO me with Ray, since his Tric had 2 Fire energys, it was doable, but his Ray ended up in prizes so I won, I think I won 6-0 in prizes.

Game 2: At this point he was so Edit he couldn't concentrate, I oracled to get a t2 Bex, and instead of PORing to try to get basics, he did 10 and sleep with Skitty, t2 Bexed him and GG

So after this game, I was toooooooo hyped up, 1 game was the difference, the determining factor of my future and my happiness =P, I check to see who won in the other semi final, and guess what, my WORST nightmare, SLAKING!!! Blaziken Slaking, the deck I hate the most, I couldn't get angry like at States, because I didn't want to make any N00B mistakes like I did at States, I tried to keep concentrated, but with my hypeness and a bit of fright to face THAT deck, it was kinda hard.

Top 2/Round 8 vs Blaziken/Slaking (UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!)

Game 1: This went quickly, I koed his lone skitty on t2 with Ray, at this point, I was only 1 or 2 games from the World Championship.

Game 2: This game went backward and forward, I got a bad set up and managed to do a comeback, because he couldnt get Slaking out early. My secret tech played a HUGE role in this game, and gave me enough time to actually get Bex powered up and KO BOTH of his Slakings, at this point he had to Blazi swarm, but my setup was GODLY and just ripped through his Blazes with Bex, GG either way, and I definately am going to give this guy (one of my best friends from league) something to compensate.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I win, I definately am going to Worlds this year, and I will represent Mexico VERY VERY well, I assure you. Now onto everyones favourite part of the reports, props and slops:

Props:

- EVERYONE who participated, hadn't laughed and had so much fun in a while.
- Ives Rountree for another AWESOME tourney.
- My friend in the t2, for being SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool, coolest person I know.
- My deck for running godly like except in some games.
- My brother for getting 4th in the 10- category, his first tourney though, not bad =P

Slops:

- Bad setups =P
- Bad luck
- Slaking ;)

Thanks everyone for reading, and specially if you reply ;) I hopefully will see many of you guys at Worlds.

Paul

Edit #2:Issue settled.Thank you for accepting responsibility Paul.-`Sensei

IvesRountree
05/22/2004, 10:19 PM
Finally, we have someone to represent us... Pablo endured a tournament that was more of a endurance tournament than anything else, I wish to congratulate Pablo, he overcame the greatest difficulties to win a trip he truly deserves, Go Pablo, lets bring that championship to my home... I mean the country... yeah...

Lugias_Realm
05/22/2004, 11:57 PM
Glad all went well and Congradulations. Now if I can get Wes & Ken to quite making bone headed mistakes and play the kind of game there both capable of will see you in about 2 1/2 months in the most wonderful place on earth, Knotts Berry Farm!!!
Sorry, I ment Magic Mountain...
You know what I mean :D

Cyrus
05/23/2004, 12:03 AM
Mr. Pablo, best of luck at worlds. This has given me a little inspiration for my next attempt at a trip, myself!

~Patriarch

BLiZzArD
05/23/2004, 12:25 AM
Dude I am so happy for you congrats on the outstanding tourney I'm happy secret tech card worked out I may have to add it to my list PM me later and let me know about trades ect sounds like you got the best Birthday present of all
BLiZ

YoungJohn06
05/23/2004, 12:35 AM
:D Yes! I'll See Ya There Dude! :D :D :D :D Congrats!!

Krayzie
05/23/2004, 06:39 AM
Good Job Pablo,Ill see you there even If I dont wina trip,Why would I miss worlds.

Martin
05/23/2004, 07:07 AM
Good job winning the Mexico GC. I'm getting ready for the Alaska GC as we speak.

TheAnswer3
05/23/2004, 07:25 AM
YEAH PABLO another NEO member going to worlds! Great job man and cya there!!!
tA

swanton1717
05/23/2004, 07:34 AM
Awesome Job Pablo ^_^ NOW Hopefully I can get a trip there ;P

~Colin

koyuga
05/23/2004, 07:51 AM
i would congradulate you, but you know, with blaziken EX and all...

i really hope one of these doesnt wins worlds, but it will probably be alot of BEX vs. BEX there...

meh, you got the better clone of thousands.

nikePK
05/23/2004, 07:57 AM
Wooooooooo Way To Go Sally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo
05/23/2004, 08:16 AM
i would congradulate you, but you know, with blaziken EX and all...

i really hope one of these doesnt wins worlds, but it will probably be alot of BEX vs. BEX there...

meh, you got the better clone of thousands.

please avoid this type of comments, yes unoriginal, but I really couldnt care less, I won, Im going to Worlds, go complain about Bex in another thread please.

Thanks to everyone, I hope to see many of you there.

SomethingElse
05/23/2004, 09:49 AM
gj mudkip, i'll be seeing you there...
Also, Bex winning, and complain? Try winning with something else, Blaze just ownd everything, except itself...

Bigpoppabeatdown
05/23/2004, 10:24 AM
BOOOO BEX!!!!! lol

great job dude, i hope to see u at worlds

plaidlesspez
05/23/2004, 10:57 AM
Great job Pablo! You finally overcame your arch-nemesis Slaking! I hope to see you at worlds if I can win a trip!

ToysRUsKid
05/23/2004, 11:04 AM
mmm, gj ... btw, nice room you have on ur list ... still can't believe u fit everything in there ...

Hopefully see you there -_-;

Dek
05/23/2004, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the trip Mudkip.

By the way, are you gonna tell us what the secret cards are after Worlds?

Scizorkid
05/23/2004, 11:58 AM
hey gj
i also won the stl gym challenge for my division so ya i am going hope to see you their o is ur aim down or what
i won in 11-14

Pablo
05/23/2004, 03:13 PM
Arthas - The Secret card is more of a NEO thing, I wont unveil it, let Fulop or YJ or someone else unveil it.

Plaid - I have beaten it before, just glad I beat it THIS time and lost to it at States. I think Sudowoodo would've helped alot in that last match.

Rach - YAY! congrats on the win, did you use the deck we had been discussing? Ill see you there for sure :)

TRUK - I originally wasnt planning on the secret cards, but didn't need 2 Rays at all throught the day, 1 was enough, and 1 switch with Tric was also enough ;)

SomethingElse - Thanks, you are right, like Ive said before, most of the time this days, originality doesn't work.

Poppa - Thanks. You BETTER get to Worlds.

YoungJohn06
05/23/2004, 03:50 PM
Oh so I do know what the secret is :D

Pablo
05/23/2004, 03:54 PM
yup you do know, what did you think it was?

Blaze
05/23/2004, 04:56 PM
gj. :thumb: I hope you do good in worlds. (If I don't get invited ;)) I just hope some deak other than Blazy/ex/quaza gets in. I'm playing gardi. The new modified is going to crush some deaks but oh well. :(

BLiZzArD
05/23/2004, 05:13 PM
it's Archie and TA lanturn thought everybody knew:)
BLiZ

IvesRountree
05/23/2004, 06:14 PM
Actually the cards that helped him get over everyone else were those professor oaks from base he got from me, I mean, it was that SER he slipped at last minute, or was it the GoW that no judge noticed at the deck check? (not even I)

GymLeaderPhil
05/23/2004, 06:56 PM
Lanturn? Eh, I'm thinking something stage twoish and no you don't have to be from Neo to know what the secret tech is (not that Neo doesnt have some talented players, far from it, except for that Freddy K character ;) )
-Phil

Krayzie
05/23/2004, 07:05 PM
Ill guess Ill spill the beans its OBV 1 mysterious fossil and 1 Aerodactly ex,I mean 60 turn 2 with his lone boost energy, GG.And they cant play oran bery any more or buffer piece,Whatmore could you ask for?

That Jermy101,thats a great player...too bad he plays in alaska,along with Martin

ultimate_healer
05/23/2004, 07:32 PM
Good job Pablo. Can't wait to see you at Worlds

spookees
05/23/2004, 08:17 PM
WOooooooo HHOoooooooooooo! Nice going Pablo!!! Congrats!

Freddy K.
05/24/2004, 09:30 AM
Great job sally!! dude, I so need to win over here now!

~fK

Freddy K.
05/24/2004, 09:33 AM
Lanturn? Eh, I'm thinking something stage twoish and no you don't have to be from Neo to know what the secret tech is (not that Neo doesnt have some talented players, far from it, except for that Freddy K character ;) )
-Phil
ROFL nice one 'Phil ;) I'll let this one ride.. =)

~fK

St0neh
05/24/2004, 10:29 AM
I thought Martin was everyones favourite mexican? :P

j/k marty

Pablo
05/24/2004, 01:13 PM
heh funnes, I cant wait for Worlds, what better B-day present could I have asked for? THIS trip is the ULTIMATE B-day present :)

Blaze
05/24/2004, 01:37 PM
Talking about birthdays when is your birthday? (I won a city championship when I was still 10 :p) My birthday is 3/19/93.

Scizorkid
05/24/2004, 01:40 PM
its that one deck u know which i won wiot but i tweaked it a lil

Pablo
05/24/2004, 01:42 PM
cool Rach, happy it worked for you :)

Blaze - my B-day is tomorrow :):):):)

Magnechu
05/24/2004, 04:29 PM
Yay for MuD! I can't WAIT to meet you at Worlds! And is the deck is called TAMBOR, I think we all knoew what the TecH is. ;) I also played it at my GC the other day, and it worked great. GJ MuD!

~Chu :)

SuperWooper
05/24/2004, 06:13 PM
and I couldn't come back from that, if only I had drawn a copycat, he had a 15+ card hand, who says Copycat ain't useful? coofWoopercoff

Um...you've got it backwards. I'm the one who was arguing with practically everybody on the boards that Copycat IS good, not ISN'T. Everybody was saying, oh hands are always 4-5 cards, even in Blaziken decks, so I just stretched my face... :thumb:

Great Job, Mr. Mexican. I'm sure you're everybody's FAVOURITE! coffBRITISHSCHOOLScoff No 'fence, Freddy K! :B

Anyways, congrats. Now I've got to win at the SC on the 17th and come team up with Jermy and kill your girlfriend! Don't forget to bring lots of tacos for me!

You guys have it all wrong. The secret tECh is obviously Aerodactyl. I mean, no shard? It's basically GG, 'specially with 1 Rayquaza! ^_^

On a more serious note, it's not really a secret anymore. It's kinda obvious that it's Aerodactyl. XP

:unknown-p:unknown-u:unknown-n at Worlds!

Bojo
05/26/2004, 08:33 AM
Aerodactyl?!uhh... eeh yeah it´s aerodactyl, sure. I know what are the secret cards EXACTLY because i used them also, because i´m the guy who played with mud twice (the exact mirror match)-.-
By the way, congrats Pablo, I´m sure you´re the best representant that mexico could send to Orlando. Now just win the worlds and show the world that mexico has a good level.
also Happy birthday!!
Don´t you forget to Bring presents for everyone!!

Swampert
05/26/2004, 08:55 AM
;) hmm crystal shard and wobafett?

GrandmaJoner
05/27/2004, 06:47 PM
I hope your secret card was team aqua's cacnea because it would make Pokey proud

Pablo
05/27/2004, 08:05 PM
haha thanks for the comments people =P I enjoy reading them alot, Bojo, yeah it sucked we had to face TWICE and in the first match of top 8, it was all because of my stupid loss vs the 11-14 kid lol

Lugias_Realm
05/27/2004, 08:10 PM
I didn't realize that Oerodactyl started wit an "O". Stupid me, can't believe I've always been spelling it with the letter "A", Boy do I feel DUMB!!!

Pablo
05/27/2004, 08:15 PM
ROFL, good one John

Martin
05/27/2004, 08:55 PM
I hope I can win the Alaska GC.

Cyrus
05/27/2004, 09:11 PM
No. I've already won the Alaska Gym Challenge.

It's too late for you.

Dañel
05/27/2004, 09:27 PM
yep bojo is right don't forget about the presents
ahh¡¡¡¡ felicidades pañal
rifas¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡.......bueno pokito ^_^

Pablo
05/28/2004, 06:23 AM
lol, whats the thing about Alaska? everyones joking about it lately

FlipsAreCool
05/28/2004, 08:30 AM
Wow if anyone didn't know it was Arodactly EX they don't deserve to know. :/ I mean AeroEX is SOOO good, all you have to do in mirror is just show it to your opponent and they just resign cause it scares them so much. Actually the card doesn't scare them YOU do. I mean come on if you're playing AreoEX you're most likely an escaped convict or a patient who escaped from a mental hospital. (OR you could be another pokegym member cough*MM*cough)

DISCLAIMER (If I offened anyone with the previous statements you may NOT sue me)

-FaC:cool:

BTW the REAL secret tech is really not that secret anymore half the non-pokegym members are playing it.

GrandmaJoner
05/28/2004, 08:21 PM
Omastar is better than aerodactly =./

Dañel
05/28/2004, 08:46 PM
please everyone when you meet pablo please call him diaper, just for make him feel like he was in home
because pablo + ñal = pañal and this in english = a diaper
and again DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PRESENTS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Pablo
05/29/2004, 07:57 AM
please everyone when you meet pablo please call him diaper, just for make him feel like he was in home
because pablo + ñal = pañal and this in english = a diaper
and again DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PRESENTS¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

lame........ and guess what, only 4 people remembered my Bday, no one from 'our gang' said happy Bday, so definately no presents for you guys

Dañel
05/29/2004, 08:18 PM
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
te mande un msj por cel pa' felicitarte, lo mas seguro es ke no te llego ademas hoy te di mudkip asi ke por lo menos aceurdate de mi y traeme algo
sorry for write in spanish but I don't know to much english.
(poder jedi) a tus amigos traer regalos debes

Pablo
05/29/2004, 09:15 PM
ROFL Jerms, you aren't going to Worlds as far as I know, dont know if you're going to Nationals or something, if you do GL, but if not, I wont be able to get you with Moctezumas revenge =P

Dañel, too late -_____-

Cyrus
05/29/2004, 09:55 PM
Jerms, if I win a trip at my SC, you get to come along and sit on my lap.

;x

SuperWooper
05/30/2004, 06:26 AM
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
te mande un msj por cel pa' felicitarte, lo mas seguro es ke no te llego ademas hoy te di mudkip asi ke por lo menos aceurdate de mi y traeme algo
sorry for write in spanish but I don't know to much english.
(poder jedi) a tus amigos traer regalos debes

Let me translate:

HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
You something a something for something something something, something something sure is something something no you something something today you something Mudkip something something for the smaller something of me and something something .
Sorry for write in spanish but I don't know to much english.
(For Jedi) Your friends something gifts something.

THANK YOU, 9TH GRADE SPNAISH! WHOOPEE!

Pablo
06/01/2004, 08:50 PM
ROFL Woop, what did you get in Spanish? Ñ? lol

Joner - wow you can't get any sarcasm -___-

Dañel
06/01/2004, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry but I really don't know how to write that in english
anyway I'ts just a local joke and by the way this is all your fault pablo (nunca me dijiste cuando era tu cumpleaños)
:grass:

eauxmar
06/01/2004, 09:00 PM
its sad i am mexican and i am going to worlds. but no i am the least popular one.

Pablo
06/01/2004, 09:05 PM
rofl man, its prolly cause you aint totally mexican =P lol JK, I guess I just made too many friends from the Gym and that's what made me 'popular' lol

Dañel equis ya que se puede hacer?

BLiZzArD
06/03/2004, 09:30 PM
Popular isn't the word I would use more like infamous (it's better than famous it's in Famous El Guapo must be huge)
BLiZ