PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma GC Report (SPECIAL EDITION DVD VERSION!)

Cyrus
05/29/2004, 08:56 PM
Ummm, not really. I did this one just for Pablo, but no, I didn't win a trip. Raspberries :/

Although I had one helluva time! Here are the details:

Once I wake up, me and my dad load up the car, prep, and get ready to go! Looooooong 3 1/2 hour car ride, and we nearly got lost, too! However, we got back on track, and made it to Heritage Park Mall's, "The Game."

*yawn* So I get there, and greet all of my people...*yawns some more* then, get registered with Richard (MP Birch). I dunno...I do some stuff. Talk to Seth (Aggronblaster), Matt (ShinAkuma), Ryan (Evilcacturne666), and Clay (Blazi-king). We chilled for a while, and I helped with their decklists n' whatnot. Let a little kiddo borrow my spare copycats. Haha, well, onto the decklist!

Pokemon (22):
4 Torchic
1 Combusken
3 Blaziken
2 Bex
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
4 Dunsparce
2 Rayquaza
1 TA Electrike
1 TA Manetric

Trainers (22):
4 Oracle
4 TV Reporter
4 Rare Candy
3 Desert Shaman
2 PETM
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 Fisherman

Energy (16):
12 Fire
2 Lightning
2 Multi

Round 1: VS Randy (Aqua Deck)

Both of us start out with an energy drought. However, I get out of it with some draw, and setup for the attack. Since I never get sharded, Ray manages to tear through most of his Pokemon. After it is KO'ed fianlly, bex comes out to finish the game (1-0)

Round 2: VS Nancy Lynch (Swampert/Omastar)

She starts out relatively well, as do I. Worrying that she may T2 Swampex me, I prep for the worst. However, it doesn't come out, so I'm able to get setup by dropping the Delcatty the next turn, and draw into a better situation. After getting setup through SAR's, she almost manages to mass Omastars. However, two of her Omanytes are in the dang prizes! So, she manages to setup an Oma relatively quickly. However, by the time her Swamp/ex's, and Oma are out, the RAMBO combo is ready. Knowing that she most likely had a Crystal Shard, I did whatever I could to keep from sending out Ray, trying to lure the other big things. Via bench damage, I'm able to negate the extra 10 HP that Oma and Swamp offer. Ray finishes it vs a Swampex (2-0)

Round 3: VS Taylor Collinsworth (RAMBO)

I haven't had a good game with this guy in EIGHT FREAKING MONTHS, so I was hoping that it'd be better...nope :/
(T2 Ray'ed him). (3-0)

Round 4: VS Kevin (Gardex/magneton/delcatty)

With somewhat of an energy poor hand, I try to negate his oracle with a Shaman....no good. I stay energy poor, and he TD's a Del next turn. Aieee! >_<
He manages to build up from there, and slaughters me. (3-1)

Round 5: VS Jordan (RAMBO)

In this game, he starts slightly better, but my pseudo-techy cards prevail. Both of us were at it with the Dunsparces for a while, and when he Oracled, I shamaned when I was in a somewhat-okay position. Both of us keep on going at it with whatever we have, until I finally get out the Manny and a couple blaze. When Bex hit the board, I was able to keep him from making a comeback with Ray. By the time his Bex was prepped, I had two already. (4-1)

Round 6: VS Gilbert (Kingdra)

We decide to tie. Woot.

So then, cut to the Top Eight! Yay-ness! Unfortunately, I have to play Danny (Mr. Meches :/)
(Oh yeah, before those games, here's the T8 for my division):

Seed 1: Kevin (Garde)
Seed 2: Me (Blazi)
Seed 3: Gilbert (Kingdra)
Seed 4: Taylor (Blazi)
Seed 5: Roy (Blazi)
Seed 6: ??? (Magma)
Seed 7: Danny (Salimence/Swampert)
Seed 8: Brad (Iono...Blazi, maybe...who knows >>"")

Round 7: VS Danny (SaliSwamp)

Game 1: I manage to setup somewhat quick. Early agility is against me, so he manages to stall/chop some guys to size. However, I manage to crack his Salimence. (1-0)
Game 2: I pull two rays oO""
He sets up Salimence, and manages to rip the two guys apart. (1-1)
Game 3: I don't remember the exact details, but Ray was a player here, too. When I rip through it, the Swampert would've came out, but he decided to end it. You're an excellent opponent, Mr. Meches (2-1/5-1-1)

Round 8: VS Gilbert (Kingdra)

Game 1: ..............Rayquaza. Rayquaza.......lol. Anyways, he manages to kill off my only unlimited damage poke, since the other was in the prizes. I try hard to juggle around with bex and whatnot, but he just manages to setup too fast, and I could not. Water arrow pwns me (0-1)
Game 2: Electrike..........oh dear. I try whatever I can, pinging for 40, but he kills me off. GG Gilbert (0-2/5-2-1)

So, yeah. Gilbert played Kevin and lost, and I played Roy Roberson Jr. for fun, to see who'd get the unofficial third place. I won the first, he won the second, and we just decided to leave it at that. Lol.

Afterwards, I gave a crapload of cards away for the heck of it. About 6 or 7 separate people got my prize cards, one guy (collecting swablus) got all of mine but one, and to my main man Ryan Soles, a Blaziken and a Rayquaza, so that he may finally claim the 11-14 crown that has evaded him for so long.

Props:
-the TO's
-Bill Kettler, the best father a guy could ask for
-My opponents: Randy, Nancy, Taylor, Kevin, Jordan, Danny, and Gilbert
-James Ballard, for taking his age division. Be proud, Jimmy! ;)
-James Ballard's awfully-firm-for-his-age handshake! Be even more proud, Jimmy!
-Mr. Meches, for the holo fire bling-bling ;x
-Richard, for signing my Birches
-George, for finally going 3-3 at a qualifier! He's
-My Pichu Plush Doll, for being sexy

Slops:
-Me, for my crappy draws >>""
-Seth, for Alakatech pooping out on him.
-Not getting a good game with Taylor
-My Allen Eagle Band CD dying on the way over -.-""

Oh yeah, right after Gilbert Valdes Jr. wished us a safe trip home...we got caught in a brushfire X_X. I think Gilbert jinxed me! =O

Overall, it was an extremely well-run event: fast, fair, and fun!

Well, I must admit it's a shame that I couldn't win it, but then again, everybody but Kevin didn't win it, so it's fine. However, Patriarch's a resilient wolverine, and don't you forget it! I can't wait to see you all at the Stadium Challenge! Rawr, lol

Sincerely,
~Patriarch

Pablo
05/29/2004, 10:19 PM
haha, thanks for the title! sucks you didnt get a trip, will you have another shot? Nationals maybe? or a SC?

Cyrus
05/29/2004, 10:53 PM
Yup, I have the South Stadium challenge, or possibly getting an invite for uber-high rankings n' whatnot >>""

old man
05/30/2004, 04:44 AM
Nice report Patriarch. I'm really glad you enjoyed the event. One of the important things is that you had fun.
Like you said not everyone could win a trip. Look forward to seeing you at the South Stadium.

SuperWooper
05/30/2004, 07:07 AM
2 Rayquaza
1 TA Electrike
1 TA Manetric

Mwahahaha! *Lightning flashes* I KNEW you'd see things my way! Mwahahahaha! :lol:

Too bad "my way" couldn't get you into first place. Oh well, it's great that you had fun. Now you and I BOTH have to place at least 2nd in our Stadium Challenges! The Archetype Brothers WILL represent at Worlds!

Go us! ^_^

~w00p3r

ShinAkuma
05/30/2004, 09:34 AM
yes as the others put it . nice report and thanks for everything and a BIG THANKS to richard for running a great event and for letting me and everyone else there have a great day . This was probably one of most exciting days of pokemon ever for me anyways ! see ya'll later ! :D :pokeball:

Cyrus
05/30/2004, 11:44 AM
Oh, Wooper. It would only be so long until I stopped resisting the ways of Michael Pramawat ;P

Like I may've already said, even though I lost in the semis, it was bloody-useful the rest of the tournament. I may have not gotten out as fast against Jordan had I not done that.

MrMeches
05/30/2004, 12:39 PM
Grerat report and it was a pleasure playing you once again.. at least this time it wasn't a wash like Plano O_o. Nonetheless, we got caught in the brush fire too, Bex must've been active!! Haahaa

Congrats to all, and PM me if you need some more Bling!!

See everyone at the Pre-Release and we will try to make it to OK Pre-release!

Master Professor Birch
05/30/2004, 05:41 PM
:cool: ~Patriarch~ :cool:

Thank you for the great tournament report!!! Now, I don't have to do one. (LOL) ;)

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

poinko
05/30/2004, 07:21 PM
You know, i just realized how weird it is that there's so many matches where I've sat next to you, but I don't think I've ever actually played you, Patriarch...

Weird how that works out. Anyway, see you at SSC! ;)

TrAcY cHo
05/30/2004, 10:39 PM
NiCe ReViEw AnD nIcE tRy On oKlAhOmA, pAtRiArCh.

Cyrus
05/30/2004, 11:15 PM
Haha, yes it was!

But oh, I cannot wait until the Stadium Challenge ^_^

ToysRUsKid
05/30/2004, 11:54 PM
** pics of remote **

Where's the special features?

Cyrus
05/31/2004, 12:46 AM
In Pichu's belly