PDA

View Full Version : Butterfree+Mothim=Butterim

patthemanvan
05/08/2008, 02:24 PM
Im thinking about running this deck in the Battle Roads that are coming up soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Pokemon
4-3-4 Butterfree
3-2 Mothim
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Gyarados

Trainers
4 Professor Birch
2 Roseanne's Research
4 Pluspower
2 Pokeball
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokenav
2 Night Maintenance
3 Warp Point
1 Crystal Beach

Energy
14 Basic Grass

Basic Strategy is to use Mothim to silver wind, then next turn switch with butterfree to either heal for 70 or poison/sleep for 100. Claydols are for drawing, Gyrados is against fire decks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abyss
05/08/2008, 03:58 PM
play dre and maybe even holon energy gl. also add cessation crystal

Rai
05/08/2008, 04:54 PM
Right away: Unown P. From Majestic Dawn. Sets up Gyarados and Mothim nicely. I don't think you'd need more then 2 copies, really. The two pokeballs could easilly be dropped to try these out.

Call energy in place of 4 of the grass energies might be worth consideration. You don't really have a starter, and neither do you have much of a backup plan in case your Caterpie's only able to get to Turn 1 Metapod.

I personally like 3 Pokedex over 3 Pokenav. The reason being that the cards picked up by Pokenav will all eventually be grabbed by Claydol, and Pokedex is easier to play multiple copies of in a turn. A personal preferrence, but it would have made a difference during Regionals for me, so it might for you.

I definitely think you'd want a second Crystal Beach though. One copy is too vulnerable to a Tauros tech...