PDA

View Full Version : Jumpgar Deck DP-On

Toxic
07/22/2008, 03:27 AM
I just got back into this game today after a 6-7 year-long hiatus and this is the deck I have made. It uses two of my favorite pokemon: Jumpluff and Gengar.

Pokemon: 19

4 Pachirisu (GE)
3-2-3 Jumpluff (SW)
3-1-3 Gengar (DP)

Support: 26

4 Rare Candy
4 Warp Point
4 Felicity's Drawing
4 Pokedrawer +
2 Night Maintenance
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
2 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Quick Ball

Energy: 15

10 Psychic
5 Grass

Pokemon: Use Jumpluff to tank stuff for Gengar because of Cotton Spore and its 0 retreat cost, then bring out Gengar and snipe stuff with Shadow Dance and switch to Jumpluff. Rinse and repeat. Pachirisu is to Call for Family.

Supports: I don't know that much about them yet other than their basic effects. I looked through the Research Tower on this site and picked out the support cards I liked. Feel free to suggest new ones.

It only took me about 30 minutes to make this so it probably sucks. Any help is appreciated.

Oh yeah: Since I just started this game I don't know what any of the new lingo is, so don't use too many abbreviations when you reply. Thanks. :D

New Card
Pokedrawer + : You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
If you play 1 copy, draw 1 card from your deck.
If you play 2 copies, search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 03:56 AM
Not to be bothering you but...can you explain what the Multi does in the deck?

I mean, you already have 2 DRE so why the Multi?

I'd advice to do some Pachi (Pachirisu) GE (Great Encounters) hunting.
His C4F (Call for Family) let's you put 3 Basic on your Bench from the deck.

So the Pokemon list should be more like this

3-2-3 Jumpluff
3-1-3 Gengar
4 Pachirisu GE

I also should note that this deck will lose lots of great cards when the Worlds are over due to the Format shifting to DP-On. That way it can only be used at some leagues and fun play.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 04:06 AM
The Multi was just a random throw-in. Should I take it out for another psychic energy? Also should I cut down on my grass energies since I don't really need any on Jumpluff since I'll be using it to retreat. The only good thing I'll need energies for is Hippop/Skiploom but they only need 1 energy for their powers and attacks.

Pachirisu sounds nice, but is it really necessary in 4s? It already brings out 3 basics yet I only have 6 basic Pokemon (plus the amount of Pachirisus I'll add).

This deck is only for casual play since the Pokemon scene is pretty much dead here. The only reason I'm starting again is because a few friends want me to.

How is my support line-up looking? Is there anything you would change?

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 04:14 AM
The thing with Pachi is that it makes Call Energy useless since it retreaves more Pokemon.

This way you could add more stuff to your Trainer line.
I also recomend doing something about those '1-Timers'. You have atleast 5 non-Pokemon cards that you have a minimum chance of getting.

Also, since you are only using Supporters, it might take a while to filter your deck so I suggest putting in some Quick Balls and Felicity's Drawing.

Quick Balls filters random pokemon and Felicity's let's you draw 3 to 4 cards.

Hint: Pachi is exelent Felicity's fodder since you only use him as starter.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 04:26 AM
I took everything you said into consideration and made some changes to my deck. I'm still not too sure about my support line-up. It was what gave me the most problems when I was making this deck. How does it look now?

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 05:51 AM
That looks better now.

I don't think it could use improvement unless you want to go DP-on.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 05:57 AM
Would going DP-on make the deck better, or just tournament legal? If it's just going to make it tournament legal then I don't really care for it. But if it'll make the deck more consistant then I wouldn't mind trying DP-on. The thing is I don't have any sites that have info on the new cards coming out. Even if I did I wouldn't know which cards to add. >_<;;

Any suggestions?

ApachePrime
07/22/2008, 06:15 AM
Going DP-on won't do much for you. You'll lose the Celio's, DRE's and the Scramble Energies.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 06:18 AM
Gah... that sucks. Even if I replace those, how do you guys think this deck would do in a tournament? I probably won't go to very many, and that's IF I go to any at all. But I don't want to waste my time with a deck that... well... sucks. I know winning isn't everything and it should be about having fun, but losing half or more than half of my duels isn't exactly what I call fun.

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 06:20 AM
Well, you can always try pokebeach.com

That site has translations of japanese cards.
And we Americans and Europeans get a random collection of cards that are already out in Japan.

For DP-On;
Try to get Claydol GE. It has a phenominal Poke-Power that let's you refresh your hand in a huge way.
And since you are playing with Jumpluff, you could play Dawn Stadium from Majestic Dawn. It heals Grass Pokemon whenever you attach a Energy card to it from your hand.
That is all for now.

Expected cards that are good:
PokeBlower+: Play 2 copies and you may choose 1 of your opponents Benched Pokemon and switch it with the Defending Pokemon.
PokeHealer+: Play 2 copies and remove 8 damage counters and all Special Conditions from 1 Pokemon.
PokeSearcher+: Play 2 copies at the same time and search your deck for ANY 2 cards!

ApachePrime
07/22/2008, 06:21 AM
One thing I've noticed is that your deck RELIES on Coin Flips, a lot. If you have good luck, I could see this deck being a playable Rogue deck. I'm not sure I could see this deck beating a Gardevoir deck consistently, but I think you'd definitely give a lot of decks a good run.

If you have fun with the deck, even if you lose here and there, that's all that matters.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks again for the links ApachePrime. I'll look at the two new sets and make some changes to make this DP-on. I've already skimmed through one of the sets and I noticed there is going to be a new Gengar and his earlier forms. I really liked the new Gengar's first attack; it does more damage then the DP Gengar except that it doesn't have the switch-out effect, so it's not that abusable with Jumpluff. Not to mention the new Gengar's Poke-Power relies on a coin flip and that would just make my deck even more luck-required. I was thinking of trying to throw one in here just because of its nice attacks but... I dunno. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, here's the new Gengar's stats 'n' stuff:

Gengar LV.43 – Psychic – HP110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

Poke-Power: Death Sentence
You can use this Power once during your opponent’s turn, when this Pokemon’s HP is reduced to 0 by damage from an attack. Flip a coin, if heads the attacking Pokemon is Knocked Out.

[P] Shadow Loom: Place 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. If that Pokemon has a Poke-Power, place an additional 3 damage counters.
[P][C] Poltergeist: Look at your opponent’s hand, and do 30 damage for each Trainer card, Supporter card, and Stadium card you find.

Weakness: Darkness (+30)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 0

Edit: I was wondering, are there any DP-on legal cards that help with coin flips? Maybe ones that'll give me a 2nd chance if I flip tails, or something? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions... I tend to do that. Haha~...

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 06:42 AM
The only card that has ever been released that has influance over coin flips is an Unown.
Sorry, i don't remember which one but....

For 2 :colorless: every of your opponents coin flips are tails.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 06:44 AM
Lame... haha. Thanks for trying though. :D

Edit: I took out all the cards that would be illegal after the next Worlds and added some cards. How does it look now? :S

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 07:13 AM
That really does look good.

I have been thinking... Jumpluff and Gengar only need 2 specific energy's so it might be an idea to make it a 6-6 for the energy since you have Night Maintenance and Roseanne's to get the quick. This way, you can add 3 more Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 07:18 AM
That does sound tempting... hmm. The only problem I can think of that is not drawing energies fast enough, though Jumpluff and Gengar don't need that many energies, but I would like to set up multiple Jumpluffs/Gengars just in-case lady luck decides not to like me one day and Cotton Spore doesn't go off a lot. Would going 6/6 with my energies and adding 2 more Roseanne's be a good idea or should I experiment with different trainers?

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 08:03 AM
Well, it's your deck in the end so I'd say playt test it.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 08:19 AM
I'm just going to try this variant out for now. I don't have ANY of these cards at the moment, so I won't be able to playtest it for a long time.

Thanks for all the help on this. I appreciate it! :D

afstandopleren
07/22/2008, 08:31 AM
Don't worry about not having the cards yet.

You can print out the text from the cards you don't have yet and make proxy's.
If you have sleeves, put a card in it with the backside in front and put an piece of paper in it that indicates what card it should be. Then, whenever you need to know what that proxy card does, you look at what you have printed out.

I hope I explained it right...

Toxic
07/22/2008, 08:42 AM
I considered using proxys but I don't think my friends would go for that. They made a big deal about me proxying just 2 cards in Yugioh, so proxying a whole deck is probably out of the question. :/

ShinySwampert
07/22/2008, 12:32 PM
The only card that has ever been released that has influance over coin flips is an Unown.
Sorry, i don't remember which one but....

For 2 :colorless: every of your opponents coin flips are tails.
Sabrina's ESP, Gym Challenge.

It let you reflip all coins once when attacking. It was great when combined with Sabrina's Kadabra, which also knew Life Drain.

The Unown you're thinking of is Unown E. It makes your opponent flip all tails as an attack.

Toxic
07/22/2008, 07:22 PM
Hmm Sabrina's ESP wouldn't help me that much. I won't be using Life Drain too often, just Shadow Dance. Besides, isn't Sabrina's ESP illegal?

Edit: How well do you guys think this would do in a tournament?