Lugia
(P)
HP:90
Weakness:(P)
No resistance
Retreat cost:3
Rarity:Rare
Poke-Power:Dive
Flip a coin. If heads during your next turn prevent all but 30 damage done to Lugia. If tails put 1 damage counter on Lugia.
(P)(P)(P)(C)(C) Aeroblast (100)
Discard 1 (P) energy from Lugia in order to use this attack. Then flip a coin, if tails discard another (P) energy card.
Moltres
(F)
HP:80
Weakness:(W)
NO resistance
Retreat cost: 2
Rare
(F) Fire search
Flip a coin. If heads attach a (F) energy from your hand or discard pile to Moltres.
(F)(F)(C)(C) Flame Stream (50)
You may discard all (F) energy cards from Moltres. If you do this attack does 100 damage instead of 50.
Zapdos
HP:70
(L)
Weakness:N/A
Resistance:N/a
Retreat cost: 3
Rare
(L)(L) Shock
Flip a coin. If heads the defending Pokemon is paralyzed.
(L)(L)(C) Electric Burst (80)
This attack does 20 damage to Zapdos. Then flip a coin, if tails Zapdos takes 10 more damage.
Articuno
HP:80
(W)
Wekaness:(L)
No resistance
Retraet cost 2
Rare
(W)(W) Ice Touch
During your next turn Chill Blast does 60 damage, and Cold Shower does 40 damage.
(W)(W)(W) Chill Blast (40)
(W)(W)(C) Cold Shower (20)
Durig your opponents next turn his benched Pokemon take 10 damage times the number of (W) energy cards on the defending Pokemon. Then for each (W) energy card on the defendin Pokemon do 10 damage to one of your benched Pokemon.

dkates
08/31/2003, 09:57 AM
The Lugia is actually slightly underpowered, in terms of Aeroblast. I'd keep the effect, but make the cost (P)(P)(P)(P) or (P)(P)(P)(C). BTW, the tendency these days is to use "or this attack does nothing" rather than "in order to use this attack," in order to force Metronomers to do the discard. On the Poke-Power, I'd word it like this: "Once during your turn (before you attack) you may flip a coin. If heads and if an attack does more than 30 damage to Lugia during your opponent's next turn, prevent all but 30 of that damage. If tails, put one damage counter on Lugia." Wordier, yes, but more exact.
The Moltres is a very good card. I like it.
On Zapdos, Shock is underpowered -- for that much Energy, the attack should also do 20 damage. I'd leave the coin flip out on Electric Burst, and add an (L) to the cost.
I like the Articuno, but here's a reword idea for Cold Shower:
(W)(W)(C) Cold Shower (20)
For each (W) Energy on the Defending Pokemon, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Then, choose one of your own Benched Pokemon. For each (W) Energy on the Defending Pokemon, this attack does 10 damage to that Pokemon. (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Again, it's longer, but the delayed damage is too much trouble, and this wording is more exact. As you can see, I feel the attack itself is very good. I'd also consider switching the costs on Chill Blast and Cold Shower.
BTW, why drop the Fighting Resistances on these guys? They are all birds, after all, and Fighting Resistance is nothing to laugh at. Still, great cards!

Carrington388
08/31/2003, 03:22 PM
I'd give Zapdos a Weakness to {W} (it's most vulnerable to Ice, which are {W} in the TCG), and change Articuno's Weakness to {R}. (On Ice-type Pokémon that aren't Fire/Ice, Water/Ice, Electric/Ice, or Steel/Ice (only the second one is an actual paring), {M} and {R} both make sense.)

Fawkes0126
08/31/2003, 06:11 PM
What happened to Ho-oh?