PDA

View Full Version : Houston, Texas: "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-release / August 29, 2004

Master Professor Birch
06/21/2004, 04:09 PM
:mad: Oh~No...School is Back In Session..."FireRed-LeafGreen" Pre-release... Learn All About It!!! :eek:

All-right!!! :thumb: Finally, the series of Pokemon cards that we have been waiting for!!! Is there really "Charizard ex" in this set??? :clap: Stay tuned as time draws near.

On August 29, 2004, in Houston at the best gaming shop in TEXAS, "FireRed~LeafGreen" will make it debut in the Houston area. John of "Heroes Collectables" on 1810 Dairy-Ashford in Houston will be hosting for Master Professor Birch the Pre-release Tournament for "FireRed~LeafGreen". :cool:

We have over two months before this Pre-release Tournament, but it is so GOOOOD and BIGGG that I will need two months to start telling you about it. Stayed tuned to this "thread" and I will keep you update as I receive details from Pokemon USA, Inc. :D

Take care and have a great and safe summer. I will be seeing some of you at "Nationals" in Columbus, Ohio this weekend and at "Worlds" in Orlando, Florida in August 2004. Again, enjoy your summer and I hope to see you soon!!! :)

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Cyrus
07/15/2004, 11:42 PM
RichUrddddd, will you be coming to Plano for OUR prerelease? =)

PokeMasterFlabface
07/16/2004, 12:02 AM
Oh, yeah Me and my sis are coming to this for sure. My big brother is taking us and he doesn't like Pokemon, so I asked him if he wanted to play in the tourney anyway... he said he would. I just hope I don't have to go against my brother or my sister, because we are all in the same age group 15+. :)

Team Cook
07/16/2004, 08:52 AM
RichUrddddd, will you be coming to Plano for OUR prerelease? =)

Isn't the Plano Prerelease the weekend of Worlds?

Cyrus
07/16/2004, 06:44 PM
They haven't even announced it, guys =(

ShinAkuma
07/16/2004, 06:46 PM
i think it is the weekend of worlds patriarch. well see what richard says when he sees this . :D :pokeball:

MrMeches
07/17/2004, 01:07 PM
Please make the Pre'Release the Weekend B4 Worlds!?!?! Please!

Master Professor Birch
07/18/2004, 03:26 PM
Please make the Pre'Release the Weekend B4 Worlds!?!?! Please!

~MrMeches~

The dates for the "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-releases are August 21-22 and August 28-29. "Worlds" will be August 20-22. I will be holding my "Pre-release Tournaments" on August 28 (Midwest City, OK) and August 29 (Houston, TX). There will no Pre-releases held before August 21th.

Sorry, guys.

Master Professor Birch

MrMeches
07/18/2004, 06:58 PM
Well.. I guess we go through OHHHHHHHHH.klahoma and wish for the Best! Thanks Birch!!

PokeMasterFlabface
07/28/2004, 10:31 AM
I wonder what other events are gonna go down at the Pre-Release as well. That would be cool if there was a Team Play with FireRed/LeafGreen. I also hope there will be a Modified Tourney too, the thing that makes me wonder if there is one, are the Exp-Sky banned.

Master Professor Birch
07/31/2004, 08:02 PM
:cool: "Ok...Guys...Give Me The Ideas" :cool:

It is only one month away from the next "Pre-Release Tournament", "Fire~Red / Leaf~Green". Start sending to me your ideas on what "Side Events" that you would like Master Professor Birch to have at your "Pre-Release". :D

I will post the "Side Events" on Friday, August 6, 2004 on this "thread". :cool:

Thank you in advance. :thumb:

PokeMasterFlabface
08/01/2004, 09:59 AM
Man there are a lot of different things to do, you could have a Team Play Match, Modified Tourney, and a GBA Battle. Thats just off the top of my head. :)

daniel4485
08/05/2004, 11:01 PM
Howdy ya'll,
Man, I wish that this tournament wasn't on a Sunday. If it was on a Saturday, I might be able to make it, but Nacogdoches is a good drive for me to make in the morning and then head back on the day before classes begin for me. I'd rather have a good night's rest and be ready for classes on Monday. So I wish all of ya'll the best of luck on getting some great cards and may the best player win. Catch Ya'll later.

Master Professor Birch
08/06/2004, 05:59 PM
:) :D ;) ~~~Side Events~~~ :) :D ;)

Here are the "SIDE EVENTS" for the "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-release Tournament with Entry Fees:

10:30am--GBA Tournament-FREE (Level-50 Pokemon / If FireRed & LeafGreen Games are out they too with the Ruby & Sapphire are legal)

3:00pm--Modified Constructed Deck-$5.00 (EON Modified / The Rules Do Not Offically Change until September 1st)

3:00pm--Booster Draft-$15.00 (As always get more of the new cards and lots of prizes)

This should take up our time at "Heroes Collectables" for this Sunday.

I will see you on August 29, 2004. Good luck to all of the players that will be attending "WORLDS 2004" in Orlando, Florida.

PS: Be sure to get an autograph Professor Birch card at Worlds. I will be signing in GOLD.

PSS: I will post a list with time frames for all of the events that will be happening at this Pre-release by Monday.

ShinAkuma
08/06/2004, 09:21 PM
i hope i will be able to find a ride to this event .... probably not.... but i might have a car by then !!!! hopefully.... if either of those plans don't work out then i probably will not be able to be there.... well everyone attending worlds good luck especially those from TEAM TEXAS !!!! see ya later :D :pokeball:

PokeMasterFlabface
08/06/2004, 11:24 PM
Man I can't wait till this event, gonna be so much fun. So is there gonna be 2 Drafts at this event, I hope so. The more cards the better. :)

Master Professor Birch
08/08/2004, 12:27 PM
:clap: :clap: ~~~FireRed-LeafGreen: Schedule of Events~~~ :clap: :clap:

Below is the schedule for the " FireRed~ LeafGreen" Pre-release Tournament:

10:00am-10:45am: Registration for "FireRed~LeafGreen Pre-release Tournament" (Entry Fee-$15.00), "Theme Deck Challenge" ($15.00-Entry Fee) & "GBA Tournament" (Entry Fee-FREE) :D

10:30am: "GBA Tournament" Starts

11:00am: "FireRed~LeafGreen Pre-release Tournament" Starts

1:00pm-1:30pm: Lunch

As Soon As The Top ??? Start Play: Registration for Side Events :cool:

3:00pm: Modified Constructed Deck Tournament (Entry Fee-$5.00) & "FireRed~LeafGreen Booster Draft Tournament" (Entry Fee-$15.00) Start

Finish will be after the "Top-8" have concluded.

Any Questions, please reply here or email or call MP Birch. I am looking forward to the new year to start with this Pre-release. Start working on those "Ratings".

Good luck to all players at "Worlds". :thumb:

email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
phone: (972) 442-5545

Master Professor Birch
08/12/2004, 05:25 PM
:clap: :clap: ~~Attention...Attention...Attention~~ :clap: :clap:

This will be the last tournament that you will be able to use your "VIP Discount" to enter. All "VIPS" will receive a $5.00-discount on the "FireRed~LeafGreen" Pre-release Tournament. :D

I will have the "FireRed~LeafGreen" T-shirts on sale at the tournament also. They will cost $12.00 each. Those of you that will be attending "WORLDS" in Orlando, Florida. If you would like your T-shirt at that time, please reply on this thread or email me with your size and I will bring it to you at "Worlds". :thumb:

Again, good luck to all of the players that will be attending "WORLDS". Master Professor Birch will be over the "Side Events" at "Worlds". Come by and visit with me any time on Saturday or Sunday. Bring those "Professor Birch" cards and I gladly sign them for you with the Official Worlds signature that you will only be able to get at "Worlds". :cool:

Cyrus
08/12/2004, 05:28 PM
lol, with all this birch-signing, it reminded me of when I started that little trend =P

I still remember...

Richard: I will only sign holofoil Professor Birches
Me: No! Sign my lightning! =(

ah, well, I'll certainly meet up with you every now and then!

PokeMasterFlabface
08/12/2004, 05:48 PM
Alright T-Shirts... now I'm gonna have to bring extra money. Me and my sis might go into the Modified deck tournament, thats if we have time. Since the Modified Tourney is before FR/LG is released, we are allowed to use FR/LG cards in our decks and Exp, Sky, and Aqu. I hope so, because I don't wanna change my deck right before the tourney. :)

Master Professor Birch
08/12/2004, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=PokeMasterFlabface]Alright T-Shirts... now I'm gonna have to bring extra money. Me and my sis might go into the Modified deck tournament, thats if we have time. Since the Modified Tourney is before FR/LG is released, we are allowed to use FR/LG cards in our decks and Exp, Sky, and Aqu. I hope so, because I don't wanna change my deck right before the tourney. :)[/QUOTE

Ok, the "FR~LG" cards will be allowed in the "Modified Tournament". We will have drawings for "Door Prizes" all day long. Master Professor Birch will be giving away plenty of stuff. I have added a few extra prizes and "PUI" has put some in the shippment. Thank you, PUI!!!

Master professor Birch

PokeMasterFlabface
08/12/2004, 08:11 PM
Sweet this Pre-Release is gonna rock. Just 2 more weeks. :)

Master Professor Birch
08/18/2004, 06:27 PM
:clap: :clap: ~~This Is A Quick Reminder~~ :clap: :clap:

Master Professor Birch will be leaving for the "Pokemon World Championships" early Friday morning. The plane leaves at 6:50am. I am looking forward to seeing everyone that will be at Worlds. :D :cool:

I have opened a few boxes of the "FireRed~LeafGreen" booster boxes. This has to be the best art and graphics on the cards that I have ever seen. They are awesome!!!! I can't wait for the Pre-release at "Hero's Collectables" on August 29th. I know that you will agree with MP Birch that these are the BEST yet!!! :thumb: :thumb:

PokeMasterFlabface
08/24/2004, 08:38 PM
So since there is a Booster Draft as well as the PreRelease, are you able to join both of them? I would like to join both, the more cards the better. :)

Master Professor Birch
08/25/2004, 03:27 PM
So since there is a Booster Draft as well as the PreRelease, are you able to join both of them? I would like to join both, the more cards the better. :)

~PokeMasterFlabface~

Yes, you may play in both of the tournaments. Cost is $15.00 per each tournament.

MP Birch

Master Professor Birch
08/25/2004, 03:40 PM
~~~Attention...FireRed/LeafGreen Pre-release Will Run As Scheduled~~~

There was some mention that the Houston "FireRed/LeafGreen" Pre-release Tournament would not start at 10:00am on Sunday, August 29th. John, owner of "Heroes Collectables" has spoke with me today and the Pre-release will start at 10:00am as scheduled. :thumb:

Those of you that got the chance to attend "Worlds" in Orlando, Florida this past weekend will agree with Master Professsor Birch that this is the most outstanding set of Pokemon cards that Nintendo has released to this date!!! You do not want to miss out on this chance to get your hands on these cards on Sunday. All of your favorite Pokemon are back in this set!!! :clap: :clap:

I hope to see you on Sunday at "Heroes Collectables on 1810 Dairy-Ashford in Houston. Take care and good luck at the Pre-release. ;)

If you have any questions, please reply on here, email, or call me at the information below.

Email<retnuhd1999@yahoo.com>
Phone: (972) 442-5545

solidsnake5674
08/25/2004, 04:49 PM
Hi, I have a question for the prerelease what prizes are won from places 1-8 in standings. I know first is a box of the new set but what about the others. Thank you again and I will be there Sunday. Also what time do we show up?? right at 10am or earlier?

Kasanova
08/25/2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah, now what solidsnake mentioned is a good question. I showed up a while ago at another pre-, was early and still had to wait like an hour or so before anything good happened.

PokeMasterFlabface
08/25/2004, 05:48 PM
You should get in early, trade cards with people...but don't get there really early. I got there like 2 hours earlier than usual, and the store isn't even opened yet. Just try and get there around 9 am to 10 am...seems like the best bet to me. :)

Kasanova
08/25/2004, 07:08 PM
Cool, I hope to see you all there. Even if I don't know what you look like. Maybe I'll wear a nametag: "I am Kasanova. Hear me roar." :lol: Okay, so it was kind of cheesy.
What'll be on the shirts? Charmeleon and Ivysaur?

solidsnake5674
08/25/2004, 07:17 PM
what age group u in Kasanova

Kasanova
08/25/2004, 07:26 PM
I'll be turning twelve, but that still puts me in..what was it, 10-14, right? (So I'm eleven right now.)
(I know this is kind of off topic, but I know lots of adults play too. Do you think the game will still be around when I'm an adult? I really hope so.)
You should be able to recognize me. I'll be wearing a PKMN shirt, I have glasses and braces (even though they aren't really noticable.) and I'm a girl. Yep. I've got short brown hair too.

PokeMasterFlabface
08/25/2004, 07:35 PM
San Antonio is gonna raid in on Houston's PreRelease party. Should be at least 3 to 4 people (Maybe more) coming from down South. So guys be ready for us and I hope to have some good battles with ya. :)

Kasanova
08/25/2004, 07:38 PM
This'll be awesome. I'll be playing in the pre-release itself for sure, maybe the modified or the booster. More likely the booster. What'll you guys play in?

Master Professor Birch
08/25/2004, 08:21 PM
~~~Answers To Your Questions~~~

(Q1) What are the Prizes?

(A1) The prizes for each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over) are as follows:

1st Place...1-Box of Boosters of the "FireRed/LeafGreen" (36-packs)

2nd Place...1/2-Box of Boosters of the "FireRed/LeafGreen" (18-packs)

3rd-4th Place...1/4 Box of Boosters of the "FireRed/LeafGreen" (9-packs)

5th-8th Place...4 Packs of the "FireRed/LeafGreen" Boosters

(Q2) When do we need to be there?

(A2) "Heroes Collectables" will open at 10:00am.

Other Important Information:

I will need to set up and start registration ASAP. At 10:30am sharp, the "GBA Tournament" will begin. The Pre-release Tournament will start at 11:00am. All other tournaments will begin after the Pre-release. Heroes Collectables will be open only from 10:00am -5:00pm. Because of the time that we will have to play, the "Pre-release Tournament will be "Swiss Rounds" only with 20-minutes for each round. After the Pre-release, we will start the "Modified Tournament" and the "Booster Draft Tournament". This is the first time that I have had the Houston Tournament after the Oklahoma Tournament. I think that everyone who plays in the "Side Events" will be pleasantly surprised with the prize support.

Any more questions, please reply to this thread that way everyone can see your questions and my answers. Thank you and take care. See ya'll on Sunday.

Master Professor Birch

solidsnake5674
08/25/2004, 08:30 PM
I will be playing in the modified, pre-release and the booster draft see you there kasanova and birch

PokeMasterFlabface
08/25/2004, 08:45 PM
Man I can't wait, gonna be so much fun. Meeting up with my Houston buddies is gonna be cool, luck is the only thing on your side in a PreRelease. Better bring everything from your lucky socks to rabbits feet. :)

solidsnake5674
08/25/2004, 09:04 PM
nvm bout the modified tourney just noticed it is the same time as the booster draft

Xeno
08/25/2004, 10:46 PM
I'd say show up around 9:30 or so and get some burgers from the Sonic next door. No need to starve while playing cards, right? Chances are that other players will be there eating as well so you'll get to meet some of them before the event begins.

Hmm...., note to self, bring a Birch for MP Birch to sign, heh!

Kasanova
08/26/2004, 06:41 AM
I'm either showing up at around 10, or at 9:30-ish. I dunno' which is better, since it takes an hour or so to get there.
One thing is that I want to play in the modified but my deck is starting to suck. This is the test to see if I've still got the drive I did at EX: Dragon. Good luck everyone, even if your not in my age group. (Maybe I should bring a Birch too?)
Do you guys know any others from here that'll be showing up. I know: you guys( Flabface, solidsnake, Xeno, Pokemaster1110,) and I will be there , but who else?

Master Professor Birch
08/26/2004, 08:35 AM
nvm bout the modified tourney just noticed it is the same time as the booster draft

~solidsnake~

Yes, that's right. You will have to choose between the "Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament or the "Booster Draft" Tournament. The "MCD" Tournament is $5.00 and the "BD" Tournament is $15.00. Some players cannot afford to play in the "Pre-release" and the "Booster Draft" both which would be $30.00. So, I offer the "Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament which with the "Pre-release" would be a total of $20.00.

Again, there will excellent prize support for these "Side Event" Tournaments.

Master Professor Birch

PokeMasterFlabface
08/26/2004, 09:26 AM
I'm gonna go with the PreRelease and the Booster Draft, even though I haven't been in one before. But I looked up all the rules on a Booster Draft and now I know what to do. That is gonna be harder than the PreRelease itself, don't know what you should get next. :)

Obi_Wan
08/26/2004, 06:19 PM
Hello all Texans

Not that its any big news, but for those who don't know, I've moved from Houston into the northern New Jersey area, so I won't be attending the prerelease lol.

Birch, just wanted to say goodbye, thanks a million for looking out for me at numerous times, and thanks for running the greatest tourneys. It has been a pleasure to play under your roof :)

To all others whoI knew, or those who I didn't know, best of luck.

CubanX87
08/26/2004, 06:52 PM
What's going on Danny? You can't use my Vince Lombardi quote..... Grrrr, you're gonna get ***** in Northern NJ ;)

Kasanova
08/26/2004, 06:55 PM
Back to the Houston Pre. solid_snake, what age group will you be playing in? And can you tell us how many cards are in the set, or are you unable to tell us that, MP Birch? [And can I bring any Birch card, or what, and what if I can find the one I have?]

solidsnake5674
08/26/2004, 11:01 PM
I will be in the 15+ age group

Master Professor Birch
08/27/2004, 09:35 AM
Back to the Houston Pre. solid_snake, what age group will you be playing in? And can you tell us how many cards are in the set, or are you unable to tell us that, MP Birch? [And can I bring any Birch card, or what, and what if I can find the one I have?]

~Kasanova~

I only sign "Professor Birch" cards. The only one that I know of in the "Ruby & Sapphire" series. If you cannot find yours, I will be glad to sign one of mine for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

MP Birch

Master Professor Birch
08/27/2004, 09:47 AM
Hello all Texans

Not that its any big news, but for those who don't know, I've moved from Houston into the northern New Jersey area, so I won't be attending the prerelease lol.

Birch, just wanted to say goodbye, thanks a million for looking out for me at numerous times, and thanks for running the greatest tourneys. It has been a pleasure to play under your roof :)

To all others whoI knew, or those who I didn't know, best of luck.

~Obi_Wan~

It has been my pleasure to have known you. Remember, you ARE STILL the "TEXAS STATE CHAMPION"!!! Good luck to you in all that you do. I know that you will success in all things in life by just knowing what you are made up of, inside. I hold you in highest level of respect of any Pokemon player that I have ever known. Please keep us updated and informed of your Pokemon conquests in the North. I hope to see you again, at Worlds '05.

If you ever need anything, "PM" or email me.

Many Regards,

Master Professor Birch
Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, PTO: Houston, Texas & Oklahoma

Master Professor Birch
08/27/2004, 10:48 AM
~~Attention...Attention...Attention~~

Along with the "Pre-release Promo", Master Professor Birch will giving out the promo card that was handed out at "Worlds '04" at "Pokemon Rocks America". This is the "Tropical Wind" #026 promo card.

Good luck Sunday at the "FireRed/LeafGreen" Pre-release.

MP Birch

ShinAkuma
08/27/2004, 06:57 PM
yes more promos ! i can't wait ! I got a car now, so i'll definately be there. i might bring a newbie but not sure yet . see ya :D :pokeball:

PokeMasterFlabface
08/27/2004, 07:05 PM
Heck yeah, Tropical Wind Promos...man I can't wait. This PreRelease is gonna be so fun, the battles are gonna be fierce but only one will win the big prize. :)

Kasanova
08/27/2004, 07:38 PM
(^Flab:Your really good at that "narrarator" type speech that just gets me pumped. Did you go to school for that?)
It's a pity, but I probably won't bring home the prize. So much for confidence. Good Luck again everyone.

PokeMasterFlabface
08/29/2004, 06:56 PM
The PreRelease was very fun, just wished I would have gotten up to the Top 4. I wish the PreRelease wouldn't have taken that long, I wanted to get more cards in the Booster Draft. I liked the raffle thing you guys did, everyone like free stuff. :)

Kasanova
08/29/2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah, it was a blast wasn't it? It was nice to meet you Flabface, and Scott and Veronica too. That was so cool, I almost forgot about my 0-4 record. Stupid stupid unlucky boosters. I would have won the BD or MDC. You guys were just lucky I had an off day.
Flabface, you did great. Compare yourself to how I did today, and you're Worlds Champion. Xeno did great too.
That was awesome Richard. Thanks for the pre. See you next pre or maybe sooner guys,

Kasanova

Cyrus
08/29/2004, 11:45 PM
Hehe, I'd love to know exactly how the prerelease went down, but I want to be the 2nd to send a message to ole Danny Rey.

I was going undefeated during the state championship, and had just got back from beating a wonderful rogue and a well-designed RAMBO to compete against an unknown in the finals. I'm like, "Oh yeah, that guy playtested vs Ryan, I remember him," but really had no clue what to expect. Somehow, I enjoyed losing that match; it's always sick when someone goes undefeated in swiss, and undefeated in single elim; it's just not meant to happen. The 1st seed curse was destined to kick in, and I couldn't have had it kick in against anyone else ;)

I'm definitely going to miss playing vs you in sanctioned events; our aim games truly did make up for our AWFUL real life games lol. I know you will just absolutely ANNIHILATE New Jersey, combat the Ohio players spectacularly (if they ever try to take your trip), and we will get to play in a finals at another tournament sometime ^_-

Hope to keep in touch fool. Let's make sure we actually win trips this time! XP

~Kettlerizzle

Obi_Wan
08/31/2004, 04:32 PM
Hehe, I'd love to know exactly how the prerelease went down, but I want to be the 2nd to send a message to ole Danny Rey.

I was going undefeated during the state championship, and had just got back from beating a wonderful rogue and a well-designed RAMBO to compete against an unknown in the finals. I'm like, "Oh yeah, that guy playtested vs Ryan, I remember him," but really had no clue what to expect. Somehow, I enjoyed losing that match; it's always sick when someone goes undefeated in swiss, and undefeated in single elim; it's just not meant to happen. The 1st seed curse was destined to kick in, and I couldn't have had it kick in against anyone else ;)

I'm definitely going to miss playing vs you in sanctioned events; our aim games truly did make up for our AWFUL real life games lol. I know you will just absolutely ANNIHILATE New Jersey, combat the Ohio players spectacularly (if they ever try to take your trip), and we will get to play in a finals at another tournament sometime ^_-

Hope to keep in touch fool. Let's make sure we actually win trips this time! XP

~Kettlerizzle

Wutz up J-Kizzle. I'm sad that I'm leaving all of you, and I know that your doing your thing over there. You are quite possibly the most formidable opponent I have ever played, as well as a great friend. Keep the AIM games comin, and I'll see you at worlds 2005. I give you MY WORD on that.

I already started the NJ beatdowns, snagged 1st at the FRLG pre.

Later

ShinAkuma
08/31/2004, 05:55 PM
I already started the NJ beatdowns, snagged 1st at the FRLG pre.

Later

Nice..... im going to miss u 2 man ..... :( hopefully i will be able to make it to worlds also . see ya later :pokeball: :D

Obi_Wan
08/31/2004, 06:16 PM
No doubt Matt. you are cool peoplez, keep in touch

Master Professor Birch
09/01/2004, 08:06 AM
~Obi_Wan~

Congradulations on your win at the "FR/LG" in NJ!!!

MP Birch