PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new X-box 360

Absoltrainer
01/30/2009, 08:14 PM
Ok basically I have an earliar model of the 360. (yeah one of THOSE).

The problem (a common one in early models) is that the disk holder and reader chamber is missing a peice that keeps the disk in place. This can lead to scratching of the disk, freezing of games, not reading games, and overall failure.

Because it's not a hardware problem, the red ring never occurs.

My x-box is long past warrenty, and as I found out, the problem is not fixable. The only solution is to buy a new 360. I have not done this in the past ans simply put up with the problem because I had much morep ressing matters, money, grades, etc, but not have the time and money to care.

I have a few questions I need help on:

1.) Should I buy the Elite, or the plain normal model (or is there some other package)

2.) I have the hardrive that attaches to the side, so I can move that over to my new box. That will move all my Game saves, and account info over to my new box. Will that move my X-box Live account, or will I have to migrate it?

3.) Will I have to re-regiser m x-box 360?

4.) Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks for any help.

Tagrineth
01/30/2009, 10:09 PM
1. Just buy a 360 Arcade - the one that doesn't have a hard drive included. Which leads us to

2. Yeah, it'll move everything over pretty seamlessly, including your Xbox Live account. The only exception is anything you've downloaded from Xbox Live - arcade games, additional game content, etc. - is currently licensed only for use with your gamertag + the original hardware it was purchased on. With a new console, the DRM license will be invalid unless you are connected to Xbox Live so it can verify you are the owner of the content. Microsoft has a DRM migration tool (found here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/) that you can use to transfer your content to the new console once you get it.

3. Yes, it has a new serial number, etc.

4. Uh, not really. :]

Jran Sakarra
01/31/2009, 02:40 AM
Hey can I have your old 360 if I pay for shipping?

Get the Elite if you want it for all the media stuff there is for it and downloadable content.

If you have a HDD alreay then get the arcade.
If not the next best choice is the 60gig one.