PDA

View Full Version : Tyranitar Deck: Trying to fit in Pokehealer

Austino
02/15/2009, 11:53 AM
I've been running a T-Tar deck (went 4-0 at league on Saturday), but I don't use Pokehealer. It runs Energy Pickup for acceleration when my opponent has little to 0 pokepowers and/or Dialga G Lv. X. While it has 140 HP, it would be nice to keep the first one out for a couple Spinning Tails.

Strategy: This deck runs on speed. I know that doesn't make sense for a pokemon that uses 5 energy to attack, but it's quick to power up. I *average* T3-T4 Spinning Tail. Power up the 1st T-Tar with 5 dark with either Weavile, Darkness Drive, and/or Lunatone/Felicity's/Energy Pickup. If playing it correctly/consistently, you have 3 energy attached by turn 2. Use Spinning Tail two times on average to weaken your opponent's pokemon, then grind with the other two T-Tars. Use good judgement on when to grind and when to Spinning Tail. I've found myself Spinning Tail with the first T-Tar, Grinding with the second one (only putting 2-3 energy on it), and comboing both attacks with the last one for cleanup.

What do you think I should switch out/replace for pokehealer or should I bother with it? I'd like to be able to spinning tail 3 times before the first gets KO'd. Not many decks can recover from 90 to all.

3-2-3 Tyranitar
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Weavile SW
4 Sableye
2 Unown G
1 Lunatone

3 Bebe's
1 Luxury Ball
3 Roseanne's
4 Felicity's
4 Energy Pickup
4 Rare Candy