PDA

View Full Version : Stafford,Va FR/LG Prerelease! Sat. Aug. 28th Lots of fun and prizes! UPDATED W/PICS!

Sensei
08/04/2004, 03:03 PM
:pokeball: Stafford,Va. Fire Red & Leaf Green Prerelease! :pokeball:

Hey everyone, you`re all invited to come on over for the brand new set Fire Red & Leaf Green Prerelease! Be the one of the first to get these brand new cards and also have a blast playing in the tournament! Come have fun at one of the best tournament places in the country where everyone has fun, there are contests to enter, and lots of prizes given out! :)

Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name, POP ID#(if you have one), your age and Date of Birth, and which event you are calling for (Fire Red & Leaf Green Prerelease). If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.

`Sensei

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Saturday August 28th, 2004

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts after.

2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
Stafford,Va. 22554
540-659-0123

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get 6 Fire Red & Leaf Green booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are; 10 and under, 11-14 and 15 and up

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed & LeafGreen Prerelease stamped Wartortle Promo Card!

Top eight finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place • 1 Display Box of Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed & LeafGreen™ Booster Packs

2nd Place • 18 Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed & LeafGreen Booster Packs

3rd & 4th Place • 9 Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed & LeafGreen Booster Packs

5th through 8th Place • 4 Pokémon TCG: EX FireRed & LeafGreen Booster Packs

Each entrant receives a Fire Red & Leaf Green prelease stamped Wartortle promo card!

DOOR PRIZES WOOT!!!

• Top Door Prize!: Both Fire Red AND Leaf Green versions for the Game Boy Advance!!! *(see bottom of page for further details)

• A Pokemon "Masters Arena" CD-rom PC Game
• A Trainer Kit 2 Player Starter Set
• A Torchic Jumbo size stuffed plush
• A Pokemon Advanced Blaziken/Tailow action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Torchic/Sharpedo action figure set
• A Torchic small stuffed plush
• A Treecko small stuffed plush
• A Mudkip small stuffed plush
• An Ultra Pro "Confetti" Deck Box
• Lots of extra goodies!

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Jirachi Wishmaker DVD with promo!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest for 12-!

Like to win 1 of 2 Gameboy Advance Video: Pokemon movie`s given out in this contest? 2 random winners will be chosen for the grand prizes (the videos) in this contest. The pictures to be colored will be provided on site along with crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home! Remember, this is for 12 and under only!

LIMITED AMOUNT OF OFFICIAL Fire Red & Leaf Green PRERELEASE T-SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE!!

There will be a limited amount of Official Hidden Legends Prerelease T-Shirts on sale, so you better grab them before they are gone! These are even COOLER looking than the last ones!!! Prices are $12.50 for all sizes.

* The Fire Red and Leaf Green versions for the Gameboy won`t be released until Sept. 12th. What you will get if you win the grand door prize is a Pocket Trainers Guide for the games and the Best Buy "Gaurantee your game" card. You can claim your prize at Comic World by bringing this card and presenting it to Travis any time after 12pm on Sept. 12th (I personally will deliver the games to the store). OR I can mail the games to you on the 13th at no cost to you! :)

Sensei
08/07/2004, 03:59 AM
Wow, as was figured, there will be a lot of prereleases this weekend. I know the Rockville one will be the week before. Who`s all coming to Stafford? let`s see a hand count! ;)

`Sensei

p.s. Oh, I got some extra Tournament Treecko`s in to give away! Will update the thread later after `Sensei does some more shopping... :D

Adv1sor
08/07/2004, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a fun time!

Raikou Trainer
08/07/2004, 05:21 PM
• Top Door Prize!: Both Fire Red AND Leaf Green versions for the Gameboy TCG!!!Um, don't you mean Game Boy Advance? :rolleyes: Anyway, you can count on me coming!

Sensei
08/07/2004, 06:01 PM
Oops... :o

I`ll fix it now. ;)

`Sensei

p.s. Updated with more prizes!

Sensei
08/09/2004, 06:59 PM
Bit of sad news...this will most likely be the last premier event held at Comic World. Due to the supposed lack of buying product at the events( at least thats the excuse I was given), the manager has convinced the owner to not have any more. The only events they will run will be the hated YGO...

Well, let`s make this one an event to remember and pack the house out! Mike, Sean, Luke, everyone else, I wanna hear from you! Out of towners, you too! Let`s make them regret this decision and show them they are making a mistake!

`Sensei

Adv1sor
08/10/2004, 08:45 AM
Assuming we survive the trip to FLA, the Gecko and I are planning to be there.

Sorry to see Comic World turn down the path that leads to the big Going out of Business sale but, if you are looking for a new home for the league I know of a store in Fredericksburg and one in Woodbridge that would probably welcome a PTO with open arms...

Sensei
08/10/2004, 12:19 PM
More than likely, that is what we`ll do. I know they (Game Parlor) would let us play and would love to have our business.

As I get info, I`ll pass along.

`Sensei

Sensei
08/15/2004, 09:15 AM
Being that alot of us will be at World`s, I would like to see who all on this board is going to make it! :)

Sensei
08/16/2004, 05:53 PM
Shipment is in and so are the shirts! I have a limited amount of these shirts (they are cooler looking than the last ones) so if anyone wants to preorder, e-mail or pm me and let me know. First come, first serve! Get yours before they are gone! Cost is $12.50 for all sizes.

`Sensei

TrueGamerX
08/24/2004, 11:02 AM
Sensei! I'm coming back to Stafford this Saturday! Robin can't make it, because of working matters, but I'm coming up with some of my friends who are gonna participate in the tournament! We can't wait!

Chris Pak
08/24/2004, 12:35 PM
Game Palor? heh heh. thats good news. this live around game palor so we dont have to drive for 40 min to stafford. go sensei! :D anywho u know ill be there. and we all know that im winning the fire red leaf green games. just like the sp. LOL. hope to see all of you on saturday. peace

TheCrossFormatKid
08/25/2004, 11:20 AM
Not sure if i'll be able to make it, gotta check my work schedual(i've had a week off so they might decide to work my extra hard/long)

Sensei
08/25/2004, 06:14 PM
You have to make it Sean...no excuses.;) After all, how can pass up the prizes... :p

Great to hear the others coming. I just dropped off the banner so they can put it up at the store. Staff is to be there at 9am (We will be bringing all staff and their kids Bagels from Panera) and Registration starts at the usual 10am.

See ya`s there!

`Sensei

TheCrossFormatKid
08/26/2004, 12:33 PM
Man, i can't make it :-[ Working from 11-6 this saturday.

Sensei
08/26/2004, 05:53 PM
[cough] Mr. Manager, I [cough] don`t feel[cough] good [cough]. :lol:

TrueGamerX
08/26/2004, 06:39 PM
Sensei, it looks like we can't get to the Stafford PreRelease. Instead were planning to go to the Virginia Beach one which is closer. Sorry Sensei. :(

Sensei
08/26/2004, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. Wish you could make both!

`Sensei

Raikou Trainer
08/26/2004, 10:00 PM
At least one of your regular players is coming to this one. I made sure there would be no plans for me on Saturday.

Sensei
08/27/2004, 06:14 PM
Sweet, great to hear that Mark!

Oh, I just received my stuff from World`s (Thanx Rick!) so I have extra goodies to give away!!!

See everyone tomorrow.

`Sensei

Adv1sor
08/28/2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks Mike for yet another great tournament!

Physics Squirrel
08/28/2004, 06:07 PM
Just make more of the prizes boosters next time ;)

Raikou Trainer
08/29/2004, 07:20 PM
Well, I had a great time (as always), and managed to get second in the 15+ age division! (If I had an opponent in the first round and won, I might have just barely made first...) But yeah, it was kind of funny seeing some of the older players get those plush dolls. I'm still kind of bummed out about the FR/LG games, (as I was ONE NUMBER off!) but I had fun regardless.

Sensei
09/03/2004, 06:16 PM
Glad that everyone had a great time! Next time, I`ll run at least 1 Booster draft or similar event afterwards as we have in the past. Thanks to everyone that came and a big congrats to Mike R for being the only undefeated at 7-0. Also, Mark W and Richard T did awesome as well for going 6-1! Once again outstanding sportsmanship ruled and I love the players in this area. You guys and gals are awesome! Way to go!

Anyways, all rankings and winners below.

`Sensei

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Attendance

48 Players

10- : 10
11-14 : 18
15+ : 20

Door prize drawing winners

• Top Door Prize!: Both Fire Red AND Leaf Green versions for the Game Boy Advance!!!(To be given out when released) : Alexander K

• A Pokemon "Masters Arena" CD-rom PC Game: Erika L
• A Trainer Kit 2 Player Starter Set: Cade H
• A Torchic Jumbo size stuffed plush: Patrick T
• A Pokemon Advanced Blaziken/Tailow action figure set: Ethan B
• A Pokemon Advanced Torchic/Sharpedo action figure set: Aaron H
• A Torchic small stuffed plush: Jonathan A
• A Treecko small stuffed plush: Rory H
• A Mudkip small stuffed plush: Allison S
• An Ultra Pro "Confetti" Deck Box: Jonathan T
• Bonus Boxtopper Charmanders were given out through the rounds!
• Bonus Goodies from Worlds were given out as well to lucky winners!

[b]"Guess the Damage Counters" for a "Jirachi Wishmaker DVD w/Promo" Winner: David A

Coloring Contest for two winners to win a Gameboy Advance Pokemon Movie: Alexander K, Melody A

Good Sportsmanship award for each Age Group (Winners received a Pokemon Calculator :

10-: Connor H
11-14: Colin R & Nick K (tie)
15+: Javier S

Overall Results

1st) Mike R
2nd) Richard T
3rd) Mark W
4th) Javier S
5th) Arron S
6th) Kim V
7th) Jared E
8th) Brett M
9th) Erika L
10th) Cade H
11th) Colin H
12th) Chris P
13th) Jonathan T
14th) Matthew L
15th) Michael H
16th) Jonathan A
17th) Timothy F
18th) David A
19th) Colin L
20th) Laura T
21st) Rory H
22nd) Kyle M
23rd) Jeremy B
24th) Patrick T
25th) Mike P
26th) Christian S
27th) Chris E
28th) Alex S
29th) Aaron H
30th) Ken L
31st) Megan T
32nd) Ben B
33rd) Connor H
34th) Chris B
35th) Chris W
36th) Daniel R
37th) Melody A
38th) Leah H
39th) Ethan B
40th) Allison S
41st) Scott L
42nd) Emma S
43rd) Collin R
44th) Brian B
45th) Nick K
46th) Alexander K
47th) Brandi U (Dropped)
48th) Robert D (Dropped)

Overall Results 15+

1st) Richard T
2nd) Mark W
3rd) Javier S
4th) Kim V
5th) Brett M
6th) Jonathan A
7th) Michael H
8th) Timothy F
9th) Rory H
10th) Mike P
11th) Christian S
12th) Chris E
13th) Aaron H
14th) Ken L
15th) Chris B
16th) Leah H
17th) Scott L
18th) Brian B
19th) Brandi U (Dropped)
20th) Robert D (Dropped)

Overall Results 11-14

1st) Mike R
2nd) Jared E
3rd) Erika L
4th) Collin H
5th) Chris P
6th) Matthew L
7th) David A
8th) Jeremy B
9th) Kyle M
10th) Alex S
11th) Megan T
12th) Ben B
13th) Chris W
14th) Daniel R
15th) Melody A
16th) Emma S
17th) Colin R
18th) Nick K

Overall Results 10-

1st) Arron S
2nd) Cade H
3rd) Jonathan T
4th) Laura T
5th) Colin L
6th) Patrick T
7th) Connor H
8th) Ethan B
9th) Allison S
10th) Alexander K

Props

• Nintendo/PUI for the really cool cards!
• Comic World(Travis-Store Mgr Bill- Owner) for letting us have the place to have a great event and fun time!
• The Judge/help staff: David, Dave, Michael & Wendy. You guys and gal were totally awesome!! Great job and many thanks!!!
• The players. Every single one of you were all great sports and did great! Good job to you all!
• The parents. Thanx for bringing the players so they could have a fun time playing Pokemon with everyone. For those that don`t play, I invite you to learn the game as with the other playing Pokeparents so you can join in on the fun too!

Slops

• All that couldn`t make it! ;) :p ( you missed a great and fun event!) :cool:

TrueGamerX
09/03/2004, 11:45 PM
Yes Sensei MAJOR slops to me :). Garret and I attended the VA Beach PreRelease and I must say, the whole time I said to myself, "I wish I was in Stafford". The PreRelease was a complete madhouse! First of all, the store did not have air conditioner, so we were all sweating. Secondly, the store was running a YuGiOh League, Magic tournament and the Prerelease on the side. It was chaos, luckily I made it out alive with 3rd place. But I'm glad the tournament was a success, hopefully I'll make it to City Championships.

Adv1sor
09/04/2004, 06:22 AM
No pictures? :)

See you in a week!

FireFighter095ReBorn
09/04/2004, 05:20 PM
Wish i could of been there. Sounded like a great time. Went to prereleases that were clsoe to home. Too bad,i love torchic and would of loved a shot at that big plush.

Sensei
09/06/2004, 07:07 PM
Hey, then next time make it to Stafford guys! ;)

Sorry Dave, had another trip up to Pa for the holiday. Enjoy!

Here`s my webshots page. (http://community.webshots.com/user/sensei_tc) Go to the second page but feel free to check out all my other pics if you like. If you don`t see the pics for the prerelease, give the site a chance to get them up.

`Sensei