View RSS Feed

The Silph Scope

Bulbasnore's peculiar views on the Pokémon TCG and those of us that play, judge or collect 'em all.

1. Oh, no, I invented that deck.

Every once in a while some row busts out around here with people bickering about who 'invented' a deck first.

These are the dumbest arguments on the planet.

Top 5 Reasons Why This Is Dumb
    1. One list differs from another as rose differs from rose. Some look the same, but one smells great and the other really stinks.
    2. Most archetype decks are obvious.
    3. It doesn't matter that you invented weedle-dunsparce-torkoal.
    4. On the Internet no one knows whether you got that
    Categories
    The Plateau
  2. The Mobile PokeGym

The Internet has gone mobile, and the Gym has a few technologies that are working to keep up with this trend.

We've had a mobile style since August 2010, coded by vBulletin.org community coder dartho. 25,804 of our 2,210,415 posts contain the tag line, "Posted with mobile style..." indicative of mobile style users.

This style is lightweight (as befits mobile data plans) and reformat posts so they can usually be read on the small screen. You use a lot of features ...
    Tags: mobile, tapatalk
    Categories
    The Laboratory
  3. Anti-virus is not enough...

Anti-virus is not enough...so update your computer software, as automatically as possible.

Dear PokeGym Member,

I appreciate you and your contributions to the Gym. Because we may only know each through our computers, I hope you'll indulge me in a little frank, but affectionate & well meant advice about your computer.

Most of you, except Mac users, are running anti-virus software. First, a word to those who are not: what?

I recommend and use ...

Updated 12/28/2011 at 12:32 PM by bulbasnore

Categories
    The Plateau
  4. What's the matter, PokeGym?

Well, that was awkward. The Gym went offline during 2011 U.S. Nationals.

Doh!

I guess it had been down all Saturday, but I didn't hear about it until I was leaving the hall. That was a mercy since I was judging and couldn't have done anything anyway. So, instead of going to the Mutant Madness Draft™, I ordered room service (nice club sandwich, but too much mayonnaise) and Wi-Fi, and went to work on the Gym.

I made a phone call home to make sure that ...
    Categories
    The Plateau
  5. One TO's Tourney Kit

Getting everything you need together for a tournament can be pretty challenging and getting it ALL there can be tough, too.

I was fortunate enough to inherit Nicole "Weilemom" Weiler's kit when I started working Premier Events for our great Southwest PTO Karl Batdorff. It made a good start for my current setup.

For those of you who don't have the good fortune to be passed a tourney kit, I thought I'd share my current setup to give you some ideas. I also hope ...
    Categories
    The Laboratory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast