View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Getting Back in the Game - Ch.4: The Return?

by , 04/14/2013 at 09:01 AM (Getting Back into the Game)
    So the league went well yesterday.

Got to play against some kids. Seems like all of them have a very good understanding as far as how to play the game. Helped them out with building their decks, which makes me think that I could possibly make a small seminar/tutorial on how to build decks.

Although I had to leave a little early, that didn't stop my adventures in the PTCG. I played a few sets with one of my friends, who proxied up a Mewtwo ex/Tornadus ex deck, and I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Getting Back in the Game - Ch.3: Another hiatus later...

by , 04/07/2013 at 03:13 PM (Getting Back into the Game)
    I'll keep this one short...

So two fighting game majors, a year of depression, and a new job later, I encountered a group of people at the local card shop. A mother, her two children, and several others also play the Pokemon TCG over there. She and I got into a huge discussion about how the game used to be (i.e. Base Set) and how it is now. Turns out she's a professor, and she's teaching the local kids how to play the game, and she mentioned that an extra hand would be great.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting Back in the Game - Ch.2: "Cards? In MY Internet? "

by , 04/24/2012 at 02:50 PM (Getting Back into the Game)
    As I sit there, looking at all the cards I purchased, I noticed that each theme deck had a code. "Want to get more out of this theme deck?" Hell yes, I would LOVE to.

Pokemon TCG... ONLINE? To be honest, I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I do like how it's handled, considering that it's still in beta (apparently). By entering this code that came with each of my theme decks, I could use the theme deck... online...

Even better, I could use the contents of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Getting Back in the Game - Ch.1: "What's a Zekrom?"

by , 04/23/2012 at 09:59 AM (Getting Back into the Game)
    Let me start off by saying that I played back when Base Set came out, so I was around 13 at that time. I was addicted to the game, enjoyed every winking moment I had with it. I would go to school with my decks and duke it out with everyone else that had decks. I stopped around Neo Genesis due to a lack of interest, that being the same reason why I left in 2006 during the EX sets.

That being said, I have not touched Black and White on the DS whatsoever, and the last time I played a ...

Updated 04/23/2012 at 12:07 PM by Dek

Categories
    Uncategorized