View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Why I'm Leaving, Part 3

Part 3- Luck

In any game, there is a luck factor. In card games, especially, there is a luck factor. Most of the luck is based on the random outcomes a deck can yield with the top card.

With Pokemon, luck is in abundance.

In Pokemon, there's luck in what the arrangement of the deck is, luck in what prize cards are there, luck in what the first 7 cards are before a game, luck in what your opponent does, luck in coin flips...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Why I'm Leaving, Part 2

Part 2- Margins of Card Prices

When you think "Trading Card Game", there are three parts.

Trading.
    Card.
    Game.

This blog is going to focus on that first word- Trading.

Let's be honest, outside of rogue players, how often do you actually complete a trade on a "I need this, you need that" basis?

Let me disect a booster of HS-Heartgold Soulsilver I opened recently:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why I'm Leaving, Part 1

I have a 5 part Blog going on here, so if you miss anything I'm about to see, look out for these 5 Parts:

Part 1- Lack of a Diverse Cardpool
    Part 2- Margins of Card Prices
    Part 3- Luck
    Part 4- The True Spirit of the Game
    Part 5- ME TOO

So, without further ado, here is...

Part 1- Lack of a Diverse Cardpool

Now before I get started, this isn't about diverse decks. It's about the cardpool. If you ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Leaving this Game

That's it- I'm all done.

After over a year of playing, frustration, and upsets, I am done collecting the Pokemon TCG.

This game was a breakaway- I had just finished college, had sold all of my Magic the Gathering cards, and was introduced to this game in December of 2010. It was a time where I was led to believe a Theme Deck could be fun (My first purchase and collection for a week was the Umbreon UD Theme deck) and the store that I had played showed a variety. My first ...

Updated 01/17/2012 at 09:55 PM by djjoe227

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Clarifying Rarity

I just want to get this straight, so if anyone disagrees please feel free to tell me why:

Commons- half the pack. The most basic cards of the set.

Uncommons- 3/10 cards in the pack and moderately advanced.

Rares- 1/10 card in the pack. Skill level varying.

So we have the Pack Slots Rarity, with the Reverse Foil being a random card. So the tiers of Rarity are as follows, from least rare to most rare:

Basic Energy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast