View RSS Feed

Getting Back into the Game

Getting Back in the Game - Ch.1: "What's a Zekrom?"

Rate this Entry
Let me start off by saying that I played back when Base Set came out, so I was around 13 at that time. I was addicted to the game, enjoyed every winking moment I had with it. I would go to school with my decks and duke it out with everyone else that had decks. I stopped around Neo Genesis due to a lack of interest, that being the same reason why I left in 2006 during the EX sets.

That being said, I have not touched Black and White on the DS whatsoever, and the last time I played a Pokemon game was Soul Silver, and I kinda stopped around the 5 sisters with their Eeveelution shenanigans. That being said, I had to do a LOT of research. Apparently, this Next Destinies set is somewhat recent, and there's this card called "Mewtwo Ex" that's about $75-80, depending on which card shop's website you go to. It looks nice, but that will have to wait for now. There's also this deck out there that uses these Pokemon called "Zekrom" and "Eelektrik" and they easily make Electric energy pretty rad. Do kids use that word anymore? "Rad?"

Anyways, I said to myself, "Okay. So I got some income coming in. I graduated, I'm depressed. I hardly got anyone to hang out with. I'm bored of these other card games. Anime Central is coming up, so I can at least off-load some of this stuff. What do I do until then?" That's when I thought about going back into the Pokemon TCG. So I grabbed two Voltage Vortex, and two Furious Knights theme decks, and I realized that was the best $50 I ever spent. Sure, I don't have any of these Heart Gold Soul Silver cards right now, but that didn't matter to me right now. What matters is that I just spent $50 to make the basic skeleton of a competitive deck out there. $50 in some card games, like YuGiOh, would get you one card. Now I remembered one of the reasons why I loved this card game back then. More bang for the buck.

And then I found out that Double Colorless Energy was reprinted, and then evolved into a madman.

4 Zekrom ND
4 Tynamo NV
4 Eelektrik NV
2 Druddigon
1 Emolga NV (Soon to be Zekrom EX)

4 Professor Juniper
4 Cilan
2 N
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Level Ball
4 Great Ball
4 Super Rod
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Center

11 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

ONCE AGAIN, this is me building for modified format from four theme decks, because I know darn-well that all of my older cards are useless.

You have been warned.

Updated 04/23/2012 at 11:07 AM by Dek

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments