View RSS Feed

elam18

Postage within the U.S

Rate this Entry
Tired of trades that get sent back for underpaid postage?

Underpaid postage is a common problem. If you underpaid for it, you will lose that money and have to fork over more money to resend it.

Here is a list of the breakdown:

(with 1 toploader + a size 10 white envelope)
Weight - # of cards - Cost
1 oz - 1-7 cards - $.66
2 oz - 8-22 cards - $.86
3 oz
4 oz
5 oz
6 oz

Delivery Confirmation (tracking):
Delivery Confirmation [Tracking] (Only in the US) will only cost 90 cent. For 90 cent extra, you can have the peace of mind that the trade went through and reduces the risk of being ripped. In my personal opinion, I recommend you buy tracking for any trades you're not willing to lose.

Also note that tracking is only available if the envelope is 1/4 inch thick. Here's a helpful hint to make the envelope thick, but does not increase the weight dramatically. Get a white paper towel and cut it in half. Fold that half in half again and again and again until you can't fold it any more. Stuff that into the envelope and that's your 1/4 inch thickness and it only weighs less than 1 oz.

Helpful Hints
If you do live close by a post office, I suggest you go there and pay for it. I shipped 1 card with a toploader and it cost me 66 cents. I see a lot of people use 1 or 2 stamps... And it's not suggested to do that because you're under/over paying for postage.
[Will update soon]

Updated 05/11/2013 at 12:02 PM by elam18

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This is a cool idea.
    I'm a fan of the 20 cent George Washington stamps (which cover the non-machinable charge).