Oh, no, I invented that deck.
by, 11/30/2014 at 08:16 PM (54882 Views)
Every once in a while some row busts out around here with people bickering about who 'invented' a deck first.
These are the dumbest arguments on the planet.
Top 5 Reasons Why This Is Dumb
- One list differs from another as rose differs from rose. Some look the same, but one smells great and the other really stinks.
- Most archetype decks are obvious.
- It doesn't matter that you invented weedle-dunsparce-torkoal.
- On the Internet no one knows whether you got that deck off a guy that thought it up at the PRE.
- Creatures (or some cat in Japan) invented the deck.
Top 5 Smarter Claims To Fame
- I was the first player to with this combo and tech at the (City, States, Regionals) series.
- I won worlds with this deck when 20 other big name players who won big events laughed at my deck, even after I won worlds.
- I published this list (shows list) on this date (give link).
- I saw that combo at the PRE or when I saw the spoiler.
- I worked on that deck and I won (these events) and added these techs (tells story).
In short, you can shout about creating the deck, but really its what you accomplished that matters - the report of your action is more interesting that your claim to invention.