Thread: 50 HP Vulpix

Exclamation 50 HP Vulpix

Hey everyone,

I know that the base set vulpix was misprinted to say HP 50 and that this is common. But in my collection i have a base set vulpix that does say 50 HP. It is lighter than the HP 50 vulpix so im thinking that means its from shadowless??

How rare/how much is this card worth?

I can't find any on ebay or anything

I'd try taking that card to an expert appraisal service. I suspect you might have a fake card--as far as anyone can tell, the HP 50 error on Vulpix wasn't corrected until the last, foreign printing, which occured quite a while after the shadowless prints.

i heard

Well one thing i did read was an ebay guide that said beware, some people try to pass off the HP50 card as a rare card. But the guide did say some 50HP were out there. But i don't know how reliable it is:

http://reviews.ebay.ca/What-Pokemon-...00000001184987

this is the link

Images
    You said it is "lighter" and a lot of fakes don't have good color so it might be one. Can you take a scan of the card or take a picture with a camera so we can see it. A simple but not 100% test you can do is to hold it up to a light and see if you see light through it. Real cards don't allow light to pass, but fake cards usually do.

However I'm not sure of the value if it is legit.

HP 50 is normal, but I'm not sure for Unshadowed. The light color is normal but only for Unshadowed. I'm not sure if I can help.

Hey,

I did the light test and it did not let light pass through. I did the light test with the HP 50 vulpix and it was the same as the 50 HP

I'll take a picture and post it today

thanks again everyone

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Hey, i took a bunch of pictures. I tried to copy paste here, doesnt work. I see logo for wrapping text etc, but none for adding pictures

how do i do this?

(by the way, the cards also felt the same)
    Last edited by Quatermain; 07/31/2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Eliminator

Images
    We already have a picture in our error gallery, you know.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

Images
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

YES! Thats the one

is it worth anything?

Images
    About a dollar or so.