Thread: Pre-Release Raichu (new) misprint

Pre-Release Raichu (new) misprint

At our local Pre-release last weekend. We received a Pre-release Raichu card that is stamped but does not have the gold lettering in the stamp. I was told that this is a fairly rare mistake and was just curious what a mistake like this may be worth. Thanks for your help.

Added a picture through my photobucket. Its not the same as you can see the impression of the stamp is there however the Gold-Lettering that fills the stamp impression is not there. Thanks

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ion/Raichu.jpg
    Last edited by shadowlion; 11/05/2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: picture link added
    1st Place Sedalia City Championship '09 "Masters"
    1st Place Rolla City Championship '09 "Masters"
    Top 16 St. Louis Regionals '09 "Masters"

You can use: tinypic.com or photobucket.com (will require an account) to upload the picture using said sites and use the Image tool under the Advanced options.
    When you upload the image, you'll see 3 rows of urls to use, but only 1 will be required.
    Also, I'm not sure how much it's worth as everybody who attended the event has one (or might not depending on supplies) and probably would be worth the same.
    "Power is ok, but strategy is even better."
    -PkmnManiac
    Best Claydol poem.

Yeah a freind of mine got one aswell..
    James Williams, Masters, London, UK
    Team Dippy™ - Home of the Regional, State, City and Battle Road Champions!
    "I R IZ HAZ POWERCUT!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnManiac View Post
    Also, I'm not sure how much it's worth as everybody who attended the event has one (or might not depending on supplies) and probably would be worth the same.
    Everyone has a misprint?
    I don't think so.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

I don't think so either. Which is why I was talking about the "non-misprint" card. Can't imagine everybody getting a misprint card for attending.
    "Power is ok, but strategy is even better."
    -PkmnManiac
    Best Claydol poem.

Images
    Well, he's asking for a price on the error card, so I don't think telling him that "everyone has one so it's not worth a lot" is helping him.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

CotD Editor
    Forum Moderator
    Images
    those kinds of errors on misprints generally fetch $10-15. Pretty nice when compared with the $2-3 the normal is worth. Some collectors would also trade for possibly more than its value ***coughcheckoutmytradethreadcough*** !
    Troll and Toad is NOT a Price Guide
    ☠ ☠ Trading Thread Sales Thread ☠ ☠
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Sorry, you don't have a right to be annoying.

Images
    I have a 2 Misprint Exeggutor from HP pre release. To A collector who collects misprints may pay like $15-$20 depending on the card and error..
    [ homeofmew |Christine "Tina" Michie]
    [Masters Division | Houston, Texas/ USA
    ]
    Top 8 Texas States 2013-2014
    I.N.T.J. Personality Type