Welcome to the "Ask the Masters" Forum. This forum has been created to provide a means of getting Official rulings from PUI for Pokémon TCG.
It is for card rulings or game procedure rulings. It is not for tournament or penalty rulings or general questions about how Pokemon USA works.
Most rulings will involve cards from the EX sets forward, but in cases where an older ruling is no longer consistent with the game rules, PUI may choose to clarify the ruling. In general, all the older rulings will carry forward.
Here is how the Forum works:
<<< You need to follow the posting procedures above, or your post may be deleted. >>>
- Check the forum topics carefully to make sure your question has not been posted already.
- Title your post, starting with the a category (Trainer/Pokemon Power/Attack/Energy/Etc.) and then the card's name.
- Post your question, using examples to make it clear.
- To make the posts easier to read, please turn off signatures in this forum.
- A representative of PUI may visit the forum and answer the question directly, but more often your questions will be collected on a weekly basis and delivered to PUI for response.
- The responses will then be posted as a reply to your initial post, and the post will be locked to indicate that it was answered.
- A summary of the week’s rulings will also be posted in the forum, so people will not have to look through all the threads to see each answer individually.
- Finally, the weekly rulings will be incorporated into the Rules Compendium
You will only be able to post questions in this forum. Replies will be posted by PUI directly, or in cases where the questions are relayed to PUI for response, a member of Team Compendium will post the responses. If you would like to discuss an issue, please use the other forums here at the PokeGym where replies are permitted. You are free to post the same question in both places, so it may be discussed while waiting for an Official response.
In some cases the question being asked may already have been answered, either in a rulebook or in a ruling from PUI. In those cases, a member of Team Compendium will answer the question, and refer to the source of that answer.
We hope this forum is helpful to Players, Judges and TOs. If you have comments or would like to suggest a change in the way it works, send a PM or e-mail to one of the Mods or Admins.