Thread: 2009-12-8 Bench Shield AR 83/99

Images

2009-12-8 Bench Shield AR 83/99

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

2009-12-8 Bench Shield AR 83/99

Proud Dad of Oliver and Kait Fish!!
    Do your Deck List BEFORE the Tournament HERE!!
    Have you checked out the Card of the Day??

hey bench shield this is a great card....just to bad it dosent stop effects of attacks for benched pokemon but if they have flygon x out and you have benched level x card your safe if you have benchshield on it. I put this on floatzel x in my glaceion x deck.
    Last edited by thepliskin5005; 12/09/2009 at 12:00 PM.

Im not really sure the full uses of this card, but to me it looks good. But it also takes up space in a deck where against certain opponents it isn't required
    6.5/10.

Content Developer
    Blog Admin
    Contest Host
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This card is so underated. People are sitting in a format running wild with sniping pokemon and barely anyone is taking advantage of a permanent tool that protects one of your benched Pokemon from taking damage while on the bench.

Facing SP? Throw it down on a Claydol. It can't be sniped by Garchomp C, Honchkrow G, or Palkia G now. Sure, it can still be Luxray'd up and KO'd, but you can't stop everything.

I've definitely considered throwing 2 of these into some stage 2 decks of mine to help protect the bench while setting up, because that is when SP decks seem to do the most destruction.

This will be a staple once blastiose from the battle decks comes out!

8/10
    TEAM EXETER!

A great tech that could, and maybe should go in any deck.

It lets you protect a benched pokemon from damage caused from attacks.

Lots of people are sniping now. Pooka jsut engineered a sniping deck with Garchomp C. Nobody can get a blaziken out because pooka will snipe it. But now with bench shield you can protect your blaziken fb on you bench, then take out the Dialga G that is causing problems. Also I predict that Blast/katty will get more popular.

The other great purpose of this deck is to protect against extreme attack. Some decks rely on benched lv.x's. Like an alakazam 4 deck or a fire deck with heatran. Flygon Lv.x can ohko both of these guys. But not with bench shield.

Great card 6.5/10

Bench Shield is decent, but has its drawbacks. It cannot guard against Gengar's Shadow Room. If you attach it to a benched Lv. X, sure, Flygon Lv. X can't Extreme Attack it, but Gengar Lv. X can still use Level Down. But it is useful in some situations. 5/10
    LA Senior State Champ 2009, 2nd Place LA States 2010 (Seniors) 2010 MS Senior State Champion
    2nd Place Regionals 2010, Top 16 Regionals '09, Top 16 Nationals '09, 37th Worlds 2009
    13x BR Winner, 7x CC Winner
    TEAM ROCKET

I like Unown G better at the moment cause it protects against Gengar and this doesnt.

But this can be very useful too, cause there's nothing more annoying than something being built up for 2 or 3 turns then sniped away in a second.

6.5/10

Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I was busy playing WoW (last major expansion, yay) so that's why this is late

Anyways, Bench Shield is a nifty little Pokemon Tool. Saving just 1 Pokemon from damage while on the bench might not seem like much, but it definitely has its uses here and there. It won't block as much stuff as Unown G, but in return it does block direct damage, which is cool.

Modified - 7/10 (Has its uses in some decks, but some benefit better from something like Unown G)
    Limited - 7/10 (Helps block the random sniping attacks? Eh, no reason not to take it, unless you really need another Pokemon or Energy)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here)
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

Images
    Bench Shield + Dialga G LV.X = Amazing counter to Flygon.

6/10
    TEAM TOPDECK - When skill just isn't enough

Quote Originally Posted by Victory Bell
    The point of OP is to promote the game, thus to promote people to buy packs. OP gives prizes. Thus people have to buy their packs to compete and get those prizes. In a way, it is entitlement, because if we weren't entitled to the prizes for winning, many of us wouldn't buy their packs.

Shield looks like cool card, but Relicant SV does more dmg to another target :(

Situation card 6/10

I think the best card to attach this to is your tech Manectric (Platinum) on your bench.
    Remember 9/11.

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains."

-Anne Frank