Thread: Gamer's Realm Nj Will Be Close Of The Month Of Nov.

Unhappy Gamer's Realm Nj Will Be Close Of The Month Of Nov.

Attention...Pokemon League Members

the Gamer’s Realm in Cinnaminson, NJ
    will be closed through out the Month of Nov..Starting this weekend
    Due to Moving Things around in the store ..
    Scyther_Trainer and his friend will Try to look for
    a Temporary place to have League..
    ..We will post up if we hear any thing...

But we can't do that or can't find a place..
    we will not have a 2nd season..

Thanks and sorry for the short notes,
    Little Pichu
    Last edited by LittlePichu; 11/02/2004 at 08:31 PM.
    LEADER OF SOUTH JERSEY TEAM EEVEE!!

:( I hope we can find a place soon. Good luck to us.
    :p Member of Team Eevee!!!!!!! :D

Im not a guy im a girl. [B]So....who wants to take me to the jr prom?lol
    Find me on ******* just ask!

Images
    How about my garage? ..j/k
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

This is a letter I just sent to the management at Gamer's Realm. I also CC'ed everyone I have contact information for.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom it May Concern:

Hello, My name is Ken Ward. I'm the League Leader of the Pokemon League that meets every Saturday afternoon at your Cinnaminson Store.

We have been meeting at your store for almost a year. We have been very pleased with the very friendly and laid-back atmosphere of the store, and we have done our best to promote both our league and your Store both amongst our peers and on the internet (www.pokegym.net, www.pokemon-tcg.com).

In the year since we began meeting at Gamer's Realm, we have seen the size of our league grow from just 14 members to almost 25. I was extremely pleased at the turnout of our last Tournament (10/23/2004), our largest yet, with 18 participants. Three of these were new members, and at least 5 regulars could not make it. POP (Pokemon Organized Play) has projected 29 members for the Boon Island Season (Nov.), and we have been officially sanctioning tournaments with POP for the last 5 months, and there's even been talk of holding a City Championships Tournament at your location in early December. This is a Premiere Level event that will attract players from outside our normal region.

In the year since we began meeting at Gamer's Realm, we have seen your stock of Pokemon-related merchandise increase. I have noticed that you have sold out of many of the expansions (Hidden Legends, Fire Red & Leaf Green), and are consistently needing to order more. Our players are always glad to know that you always have the current product on hand, and will order more if it sells out (This was a big problem with our previous location).

In short, I believe that our Pokemon League has had a positive effect on your business.

Now I'm beginning to hear that your Store in Cinnaminson may be closing. I'm hearing a variety of rumors ranging from "Your closing for November for remodeling" to "Your relocating" to "Your closing permanently".

This news is really shaking up our league membership. I am receiving emails from many concerned members that are looking to me for some guidance. I was completely broad sided by this.

I would like to know, from the source, what is happening. If you're going to be closed for the month of November only, this would be ok. If you're relocating, this is also fine; just tell me where and when and we'll be there!

If you're store will be closing temporarily or permanently, I would like to be able to post a sign stating where our league will move. I do not have complete contact for all our members, and I would hate to lose the new members we gained only recently.

Please, keep me informed of what is going on. I look forward to continuing our positive relationship in the future.

Sincerely,
    Ken Ward
    League Leader, TO, and founding member of Team Eevee of South Jersey
    Player of Rogue decks.

Assistant League Leader of Pokepop's Cinnaminson, NJ League

Pokemon Player since Base Set 2 was current.

For those keeping track, Joe (the manager) emailed me back with this response:

-----------------------------------

Hey, guys and gals. Joe here, manager of the Realm.

I'm replying to set the story straight for all of you. Yes, "The Gamer's Realm" is closing. Because of a legal dispute with the landlord, the company decided it would be cheaper to move all of the product from store two into store one instead of just moving store two to a different location.

In light of this, and my not wanting to see a store disappear from this area, I made an offer to the company to purchase all of the product, fixtures, etc from store two. They accepted. So in about three weeks, I will be opening my own store in Palmyra, NJ (about one mile east of where the store is now).

The Gamer's Realm II will be closing its doors, permanently, this Friday, November 5th, 2004. The new store will be under new ownership/management, tho most of the faces will remain the same.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to email me back. My xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx address will continue to function for a few months.

-Joe Keyser (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

----------------------------------------

I'll try to keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by Scyther_trainer; 11/03/2004 at 04:58 PM.
    Player of Rogue decks.

Images
    Hope he's up and running in time for the holiday season!
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

Unhappy

Do they have an idea of when this new store will open? and does anyone know where we could go until then? This is the second time this has happened, i mean, are we cursed????!!!!!!
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    o(")(")

Top 8 - State Championships at Rogues Den 3/5/05

What I hearded that the new store will probadly be open around the week of 26 of Nov,, just in
    time for the biggest Hoilday shopping day of the year... That's what the Manger told
    me on the phone last night.

Sorry... We couldn't find a Place due to the Hoilday Season start in stores. now..There won't be
    a No 2nd Season...but when the new store open...will let you all know what's up?

sorry, thanks
    Little Pichu
    Last edited by LittlePichu; 11/03/2004 at 08:53 PM.
    LEADER OF SOUTH JERSEY TEAM EEVEE!!

Come To South Jersey Pleaseeeeeee

Some more information from Joe Keyser:

----------------------------------------------

> Joe,
    >
    > Thanks for the concise information, and thank you for fighting to keep a
    > store in this area. This really means a lot to our players. I only have 2
    > questions:
    >
    > 1. When are you planning on opening this new store?

Our current earliest re-open date is Thanksgiving weekend, around Nov 25th-26th.

> 2. Can I post a sign on the old store redirecting the players to a new
    > location?

While I don't have a problem with it, the landlord would probably rip it down based on the less-than-amenable relationship with The Gamer's Realm ownership. The dollar store next door, however, already told us they'd be more than happy to help us out with redirecting players to the new location.

> 3. Will there be any problems relocating the league to the new store?

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. In fact, once I open, we're also going to start hosting state championships and premiere-level events.

----------------------------------------------

Sounds like some Good Times are in store for us here!

::dreams of pre-releases::
    Player of Rogue decks.

That sounds good. So, the new store will be in Palmyra... hmm... hope that's not too far. Good old dollar store for helping out. I always knew that dollar store was special... aside from the squeeking hand puppets, glass flowers, and other things GardevoirGuardian and I loved to look at. I'll miss that dollar store! *sniffles*

Anyways, It seems as if things are looking up. Hopefully I'll get back to league soon. Stupid football team winning a lot and getting into the playoffs.
    Proud member of Team Eevee!

"I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up!" -Kid from Kilika Inn (FFX)

"I'm sharing in the oogleness!" -Me at League

...Anyone have an update on things here???

Has Joe confirmed (or denied) that his new store will be opened this upcoming Saturday????

- Tony

There is a store that would probably do it down where I am by the way lol. But I'm like an hour from you guys, in Atlantic City area.