Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: So Cals Best CC EVER!!!! - Dec. 19th **Now with lame 15+ Prizes**

  1. #26
    I'll try and get there, Diamond Bar is really far away from SD

  2. #27
    The Following info has also been added to the second post in this thread.

    Random Promo Card Drawing
    At the beginning of each round we will randomly draw the name of a player participating in the main event and they will be given, at random, one of four sealed Promo Cards (Promos 016-019 aka: Target Promos). Depending on number of rounds it will either be 1 or 2 random winners per round.
    Member of Team LA | LA Otaku Editor and Chief | Worlds Staff 2009-2011

    Support Child's Play Charity | LA Otaku Official Web Site | Play! Pokémon SoCal Facebook Group

  3. #28
    Warbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    Just Updated Prize list for 15+

    1st Place

    •54 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

    •A City Champion Medal
    •Prize kit containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

    2nd Place
    •27 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

    3rd Place
    •12 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

    4th Place
    •12 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs



  4. #29
    lookinforwailordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    el segundo in the middle of slack
    Posts
    719
    this cc will be one of the best in the bay i hope to see alot of people there.
    T8 so cal regional
    11-14 worlds invite
    6 city championships
    4 battle roads

  5. #30
    Higher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dagoba, in Yoda's Hut, waiting for
    Posts
    197
    can i ask WHY 15 + get triple the prizes??? aint that a bit unfair to the younger players?
    [size=1]
    nj yj, looks like you got hung =(
    1st Place Armageddon 2005
    1st Place City Champs 11-14
    1st Place City Champs Overall

  6. #31
    Warbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    I simply would like to reward all the 15+ players in this way as a symbol of our friendship.

    Note that i Titled my last update as: "Just Updated Prize list for 15+"

    That doesn't mean i dont have plans for the other age categories. I just haven't finalized them.

    Please keep in mind that we are also hosting a free Gameboy tournament with prizes, that is open to everyone. Plus i have to compensate 4 judges and the store location. I simply can not Triple the prizes in all age categories. All of the extra prizes and staff support is coming out of my personal collection/pocket.

  7. #32
    Hey guys, we have some bad news. Apparently, PUI would not allow Jerry to give out triple prizes, even though he was going to do so. So, 15+ will be getting the same amount of prizes as usual. Sorry for the bad news, but PUI simply would not allow him to and contacted him telling him he could not do that.

    In other news, we still have the GB tourny and other stuff going on at the CC, so you can still come. :) Don't let some bad news like this change your plans. Plus, there may be a surprise in store for a select few people....;)
    Webmaster of [PokéBeach] and
    [PokeBeach Forums].


  8. #33
    Warbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    I'm quite depressed about the whole situation. :(

    I had some really great plans for the 11-14 age group. At least in my opinion they were. I was gonna try to out do the triple prize thing for the 15+. But i guess PUI's opinion and maybe a few members on the board is that if you can't give out the exact same prizes, its either not fair or not worth the risk of making people unhappy.

  9. #34
    lookinforwailordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    el segundo in the middle of slack
    Posts
    719
    man thats horrible. why would someone from new zealand care about you given triple prizes i mean it is out of your own pocket.
    Last edited by lookinforwailordex; 12/15/2004 at 05:36 PM.
    T8 so cal regional
    11-14 worlds invite
    6 city championships
    4 battle roads

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Higher
    can i ask WHY 15 + get triple the prizes??? aint that a bit unfair to the younger players?
    well its not fair to 15+ to get 18 packs with 30+ players while 10- gets the same with 4 players...

    besides jerry's putting in his own money for the extra packs... we wouldnt even have a tourney if it wasn't for him...

    now ill rethink if i wanna go...
    Last edited by kevin-; 12/15/2004 at 06:53 PM.

  11. #36
    lookinforwailordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    el segundo in the middle of slack
    Posts
    719
    gj kevin i support you
    T8 so cal regional
    11-14 worlds invite
    6 city championships
    4 battle roads

  12. #37
    I really don't think Jerry should of been treated that way just for trying to boost moral for his tournament. The Triple prize thing was such a great hook to encourage a great turn out. I will still go either way, but I wish that New Zealand guy would of minded his own buisness. It's people like him that really do ruin "THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME".
    2006 US National Champion (14-0)
    2009 US Nationals (4-0)
    2011 US Nationals Top 32 (10-2)

  13. #38
    Dayum, if you guys were giving away them magma hoodies, i'd drive in a VW all the way to Cali right 'bout now
    Recent Tournament Placement:

    1st place, 2003 Sandstorm Prerelease (UNDEFEATED)
    18th place: Fall 2012 Tomball Battle Road (3-3)
    23rd place: 2007 Oklahoma State Championship (2-3)

  14. #39
    lookinforwailordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    el segundo in the middle of slack
    Posts
    719
    lol patriarch
    T8 so cal regional
    11-14 worlds invite
    6 city championships
    4 battle roads

  15. #40
    I have confidence that Diamond Bar is going to have a good turnout no matter what, but Jerry could have a drawing for the extra prizes. I'm sure that would attract just as many, if not more, people and it doesn't show favoritism toward one group of players over another. Plus, you still have a chance to win even if you're having a bad day.

    I know that you guys are upset that Jerry isn't allowed to triple the prize support for the 15+ age group, but personally I think its for the best. Sure the 15+ age group is the largest, but the same people continuously win or are in the winners circle. I don't see where tripling the prizes in one age category is going to draw a larger crowd. If anything it would only make the competition more cutthroat and a pain to judge.

    Jerry's a good guy. I'm sure he didn't mean to slight the younger players. I'm sure he'll come up with something to draw a larger crowd in all age categories. My guess is having the chance to win a box of boosters- no matter how good a player you are- would bring a lot more people. It would be worth the drive for most San Diegans too.
    What do you think??
    Just my humble two cents :)
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by WeileMom
    I have confidence that Diamond Bar is going to have a good turnout no matter what, but Jerry could have a drawing for the extra prizes. I'm sure that would attract just as many, if not more, people and it doesn't show favoritism toward one group of players over another. Plus, you still have a chance to win even if you're having a bad day.

    I know that you guys are upset that Jerry isn't allowed to triple the prize support for the 15+ age group, but personally I think its for the best. Sure the 15+ age group is the largest, but the same people continuously win or are in the winners circle. I don't see where tripling the prizes in one age category is going to draw a larger crowd. If anything it would only make the competition more cutthroat and a pain to judge.

    Jerry's a good guy. I'm sure he didn't mean to slight the younger players. I'm sure he'll come up with something to draw a larger crowd in all age categories. My guess is having the chance to win a box of boosters- no matter how good a player you are- would bring a lot more people. It would be worth the drive for most San Diegans too.
    What do you think??
    Just my humble two cents :)
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom
    but you always win the DrawingS :(
    Last edited by kevin-; 12/16/2004 at 04:35 PM.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin-
    but you always win the DrawingS :(

    ha, ha very cute Kevin, but seriously that was the first big prize that I have EVER won from a drawing. I still can't believe it...

    :D Nicole

  18. #43
    We should all be happy. A Pokemon person got the DS, and there were tons of other people there who got a ticket who were not involved with Pokemon. Besides, Nicole deserved to get one, she is always working hard at tournies and it finally paid off for her. :D

    Three more days, can't wait!!! Heck week of school is almost over too, tomorrow is the last day of them oppressing us with more homework, reports, essays, projects, and tests than usual. I will fiinally be able to go to bed before midnight!!!

    Ok, time to finish up my Tale of Two Cities Essay, and then I have to do a Spanish project poster thingy. :(

    BTW, who is going to participate in the GB tourny?
    Webmaster of [PokéBeach] and
    [PokeBeach Forums].


  19. #44
    Warbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch
    Dayum, if you guys were giving away them magma hoodies, i'd drive in a VW all the way to Cali right 'bout now
    That's a good one! I never thought of that. Unfortunately im still pretty attached to my Hoodie. :D
    But to prove that i am doing all this for "The Spirit of the Game", i will give you my personal Magma Suit if you drive to Cali to visti us at SoCal's Best CC! (X-Large :p)

    Dont worry guys & gals, I'll come up with something cool. I'm just a bit stumped on the situation. I had so much planned, but now i have to rethink the whole prize structures. PUI encourages me to give a prize sturcture based on a sliding attendance scale so...until further notice:


    The Current prize structure is Double Prizes for all age groups with over 15 people in attendance.

    If by chance your age group does not meet the requirement, dont worry, i have lots of extra prizes i will bring with me. If i come up with something extra i can add to each age group i will try to post it by late friday night. So check back on saturday afternoon for a possible update.


    In my original prize sturcture for the 10- & 11-14 i had the following in mind (+ a lot more). To stretch out the prizes to Top 8 players in each category. Somewhere between 4-8 boosters each. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Warbuzz; 12/16/2004 at 09:53 PM.

  20. #45
    Administrator Chrisbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Images
    7
    You could always give away LOTS of "random packs" each round; just a thought.

    BTW, my niece is getting married on Sunday, so I won't be able to make it (good luck to ya, Martin ;) / )

    Have fun y'all,
    - CHRISBO
    Last edited by Chrisbo; 12/16/2004 at 06:36 PM.
    -- Administrator, PokéGym.Net
    -- Head Judge, Worlds 2004 (11-14)
    -- Head Judge, CA State Championships 2004
    -- Head Judge, various Prereleases (SoCal) 2003-present
    -- Sexiest Professor Alive, 2006

  21. #46
    Dangit!!!! That makes me sooooo meeeead! :(

    Mmm, Martin, if you win the cc, ask for Jerry's magma hoodie, and send it to me! why the heck did matt not play magma with such a pimp-1337 outfit btw?! =/

    BTW Jerry, I'm from Texas, lol
    Recent Tournament Placement:

    1st place, 2003 Sandstorm Prerelease (UNDEFEATED)
    18th place: Fall 2012 Tomball Battle Road (3-3)
    23rd place: 2007 Oklahoma State Championship (2-3)

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokemon Master
    We should all be happy. A Pokemon person got the DS, and there were tons of other people there who got a ticket who were not involved with Pokemon. Besides, Nicole deserved to get one, she is always working hard at tournies and it finally paid off for her. :D

    Three more days, can't wait!!! Heck week of school is almost over too, tomorrow is the last day of them oppressing us with more homework, reports, essays, projects, and tests than usual. I will fiinally be able to go to bed before midnight!!!

    Ok, time to finish up my Tale of Two Cities Essay, and then I have to do a Spanish project poster thingy. :(

    BTW, who is going to participate in the GB tourny?

    i got 20 bucks Matt Dunford will win the GBA tourney... anyone?

  23. #48
    Mod Supervisor SD PokeMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    17,671
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    150

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin-
    i got 20 bucks Matt Dunford will win the GBA tourney... anyone?
    *coughs politely*
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon TCG 2004 Tournament Rules:
    3. Wagering
    Wagering or gambling on the results of a game, portion of a game, match, or number of matches by anyone, including players, event staff, and spectators, is strictly prohibited. Anyone attempting to wager on a POP event should be removed from the tournament site, and the incident should be reported to POP.
    Tournament Rules

    'mom
    SD area players: join the Play! Pokemon San Diego facebook group for local event info!
    League Leader, San Diego Games and Comics / PTO, San Diego CA
    My eyes being hindered by blind passions, I cannot perceive the light that grasps me;
    Yet the great compassion, without tiring, Illumines me always.
    Namuamidabutsu...

  24. #49
    lookinforwailordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    el segundo in the middle of slack
    Posts
    719
    yea i will enter it i think my wireless link is broken though becuase i put it through the washer and dryer
    T8 so cal regional
    11-14 worlds invite
    6 city championships
    4 battle roads

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin-
    i got 20 bucks Matt Dunford will win the GBA tourney... anyone?
    *double slap attacks*

    Don't be so sure young grasshopper. I am bringing two friends from school who are highly skilled in the GB game, and if I get to play too, it is GONNA be HEATED. :D (or ummm, wet)

    Also, if anyone has any extra GBA link cables/wireless adapters, we would appreciate it if you brought them. Some people may forget to bring them, decide to enter at the last minute without having one, etc.
    Webmaster of [PokéBeach] and
    [PokeBeach Forums].


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •