3 9.09%
  • League Card

13 39.39%
  • Collector's Card

13 39.39%

Thread: 2010-5-19 Cheerleader's Cheer UL 71/95

Images

2010-5-19 Cheerleader's Cheer UL 71/95

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

2010-5-19 Cheerleader's Cheer UL 71/95

Proud Dad of Oliver and Kait Fish!!
    Do your Deck List BEFORE the Tournament HERE!!
    Have you checked out the Card of the Day??

Bad supporter. I don't want my opponent to draw ;)

3/10
    1st Place Ventura BR '08-'09--2nd Place Pasadena BR '09-'10
    1st Place Ventura BR (again) '09-'10--2nd Place Carpinteria Cities '09-'10
    Top 16 Nevada States '09-'10--3rd Place Southern California Regionals '09-'10
    2nd Place Pasadena BR (again) '09-'10

Not very good. Sure you get 3 cards but you are also helping your opponent out.

Only good if your opponent has 1/0 cards left in their deck.

3/10

Finally, a trainer card from Unleashed!

Does anyone here remember Fieldworker? Well, this card is literally back with the exact same effect through a new Supporter, Cheerleader's Cheer. That card has the same effect as Fieldworker. You draw 3, then your opponent draws 1 with he or she wants. Sadly, The fact you let your opponent draw is not that good.

Overall 3/10 in modified, 6/10 in limited, and 1/10 in unlimited

In modified, we have so many better drawing options, like Claydol and Uxie. Though it draws a good amount of cards, letting your opponent draw is not a good idea to do.

In limited, this card has some better uses. There is no Claydol or Uxie, and so this card has much better uses, along with all of the other draw supporters in this set. For once, you may really need to risk letting your opponent draw because drawing 3 cards here is worth it.

In unlimited, there are no uses for this card at all.
    Masters Division:
    Achievements:
    Honestly, in a heavily luck-based format like this one, there is no point bragging about achievements this season unless we have a more skill-based format like the SP or delta days.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Today's CotD is Cheerleader's Cheer from UL...well, I dislike it anyways. Drawing 3 cards from your deck is about the average gain for a Supporter, but look at it's secondary effect: Your opponent may draw a card. This to me single-handedly kills its usability; you NEVER EVER give your opponent a chance at free cards, even if they choose not to draw one. This is almost akin to letting your opponent choose what cards you get in its horribleness, ala Rival.

Modified - 0.5/10 (Unless you're new to the game and have absolutely no other draw cards, avoid it like the plague, even Bill is slightly better than this trash imo. Even after rotation there are better options)
    Limited - 9/10 (I'll ease up a bit on it here...any draw is better than no draw, even if you're giving your opponent the chance at a free card)
    Unlimited - 0/10 (Why use it?)
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

Although we have several draw Supporters in Modified, and most of which net you 2 cards (Bill's, Mom's, POV) or more (Volkner's, Felicity's, Engineer's), this particular Supporter sets itself apart by not only netting you 2 cards at the maximum, but also giving the opportunity for your opponent to draw a card. This might be good in that you can increase their hand to reduce draw from Cosmic Power. However, it should be noted that the opponent is not actually required to draw a card. That being said, any decent opponent would rather not draw a card if they know they will be at a disadvantage (or will be subjected to a minor annoyance).

The other situations that I can think of where you would want your opponent to draw is when you want to discard cards from their hand with Purugly G or Weavile SW (to reach the minimum of 6 cards) or you want an extra damage for Medicham SV's Chakra Points (if you are unfortunate enough to even use that card). Even then, using your Supporter for the turn just for those purposes is rather pointless. Nevertheless, Cheerleader's Cheer one of the worse draw Supporters you can find.

The card makers may have a plan of making a card that will combo with this Supporter in future sets, but for now, there are a plethora of better alternatives for draw.

Modified- 1/10 (just use Volkner's, POV, any other draw Supporter... Even Mom's Kindness)
    Limited- 5/10 (At least it has some uses here even with the awful drawback)

If this card required your opponent to draw a card, it might be more usable. As emodicer said above, there are situations where this could benefit you more than your opponent. Unfortunately, the draw is optional.

I voted for "league card," because it's probably better than nothing for new players who don't have enough trainers in their deck.

The cheerleader is cute, though.
    Northeast Regionals 2009: My first tournament
    Northeast Regionals 2010: Top 8

First of all, I LUV kouki's art. It's basically a Fieldworker.

Not very good. Sure you get 3 cards but you are also helping your opponent out.

Only good if your opponent has 1/0 cards left in their deck.

3/10
    Yeah but they don't have to. They may. So let's see. A draw 3 supporter. I'd rather run felicity's or something like that for my draw supporters. But let's see if there any combos. Slowking + Absol SW can let you make your opponent to draw a trainer then you discard 2 cards with absol. Or you can use it in a decklist that tries to deck people.

Modified 3/10 there are better draw cards
    Limited 6/10 for being a draw
    Unlimited 10/10 HUH? Well the art is just sooooooooooo pretty. Lol
    I am not a twerp. I prefer the term "Ankle-Biter"

Does anyone have the decklist for World Championships, 2007-2009? Please PM me if you do. I'm begging you.

This card is hot.

I think it's a great card! Sure, your opponent may draw a card, but if they have Claydol in play, it'll limit their Cosmic Power anyway. Also, play Cheerleader's Cheer in Gengar SF decks so you have a better Poltergeist.

Yes, the card is situational, but straight draw is not dead. Keep your mind open.

6/10
    Quote Originally Posted by paschalsprinter
    if leik picho atcks n the dude gets lik e diulga g and picho gets first and can the guy level up in his 1th turn?
    People call me Hasselhoff. I am an editor at SixPrizes.

I'd give it a 2/10...

even though you have better options for draw and you give your opponent a card...draw is better than no draw

that and i'd give the cheerleader an 8/10...
    Quote Originally Posted by psychicpokemon View Post
    for battle roads I'll probably run ZPS, Scizor Prime, Scolipede, or vileplume :/
    We Got 'Em

Its not a bad card its not a bad drawing enegine.

There are much better draw supporters, even in this same set.

Modified: 0.5/5
    Limited: 4/5
    Team B-Side
    SixPrizes

In my opinion, it's the worst of the new Supporters since it gives your opponent the opportunity of another card. Granted, for newer players, it is helpful to have that extra card drawn (versus something like Bill, Mom's Kindness, or Emcee's Chatter half of the time).

I wouldn't use it in a competitive deck, but in a fun deck or an alternative deck, it could see play.

And indeed, it's a "reprint" of Fieldworker.

She's my Kallen Stadtfeld!! Collecting over 100 of these!

You are totally right, she does look just like Kallen!

Anyway, this is a strong card in Limited, because drawing 3 gives you a lot of options. It is inferior to Engineer's but is a strong card overall.

In modified it is still okay, but completely outclassed by other draw. For now, Uxie and Claydol are much stronger. In the future (post-rotation), cards like Professor Oak's Visit and even Underground Expedition are just better. But if you want the best looking deck, what better way than to substitute strange elf Pokemon and old men for a fine Cheerleader? :p Better than RH decks!? I think so!

In unlimited, it is useless. It's like a supporter version of Erika, which is a strong card just because it is a trainer.