Thread: Umbreon Prime

Umbreon Prime

ok, ever since i first saw the umbreon prime card, i knew i was gonna use it in a deck if it ever saw an american release. Simply cause i love umbreon so much. So i'm gonna be the first person outside of japan (as far as i know).I'm gonna be running both Umbreon Prime and Reviving Ledgends Umbreon cause theres a very good chance we are getting the second. Also, This is obviously only going to be MD-on as Undaunted will only be out for about 2 weeks before rotation.

Translations for those who dont know:

Umberon (Prime) 100HP
    Stage 1 Evolves from Eevee

Moon Veil
    Once during your turn, (before your attack), if Umbreon is your Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, return Umbreon and all cards attached to it to your hand. This power can't be used if Umbreon is affected by a Special Condition.

Evo Blast 50+
    Does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each Pokémon that evolves from Eevee that you have in play.

weakness x2 Resistance: -20

Umbreon 90HP
    Stage 1 Evolves from Eevee

Moonlight Fang 30
    Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Umbreon by your opponent's Pokémon with any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies during your opponent's next turn.

Quick Blow 30+
    Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 30 more damage

weakness x2 Resistance: -20

Pokemon:(17)
    2 Umbreon Prime (Undaunted)
    1 Umbreon (RL)
    1 Umbreon (MD)
    1 Espeon (MD)
    4 Eevee (RR)
    4 Sableye (SF)
    2 Uxie (LA)
    1 Uxie Lv. X (LA)
    1 Azelf (LA)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:(29)
    4 Bebe's Search
    2 Interviewer's Questions
    2 Judge
    1 Palmer's Contribution
    3 Pokemon Collector
    3 Expert Belt
    1 Luxury Ball
    4 Poke Turn
    4 Pokemon Communication
    2 Pokemon Rescue
    3 Super Scoop Up
    4 Broken Time Space

Energy: (14)
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    4 Special Darkness Energy
    6 Darkness Energy

Stratagy isn't to complicated. Hopefully get sabeye to start, and spam supporters to get set up, Eevee is also a good start with the ability to put its evolutions in my hand. Espeon is for a nice HP boost, while MD umbreon gives all the eeveelutions a free retreat and no weakness. The other umbreon is to counter things like dialga G X and donphan which can give me a lot of trouble otherwise.

Also dont suggest a card that could be in undaunted unless it is either confirmed or is very likely (like who its very likely that umbreon RL is in because they always have a nonprime version of prime cards)
    Last edited by Spidy; 06/08/2010 at 01:55 PM.

I'd try to fit in some of the other Eeveelutions. Vaporeon makes a good sniper, Flareon can hit a Jumpluff for an OHKO, Jolteon spreads, Glaceon Powerlocks, Leafeon does lots of damage and adds to speed, etc.

From your current list, you run 4 DCE, and Umbreon is weak to Fighting, so I think it would be a good idea for you to run an Uxie Lv. X as a Promocroak counter.
    LA Senior State Champ 2009, 2nd Place LA States 2010 (Seniors) 2010 MS Senior State Champion
    2nd Place Regionals 2010, Top 16 Regionals '09, Top 16 Nationals '09, 37th Worlds 2009
    13x BR Winner, 7x CC Winner
    TEAM ROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by Nekizalb View Post
    I'd try to fit in some of the other Eeveelutions. Vaporeon makes a good sniper, Flareon can hit a Jumpluff for an OHKO, Jolteon spreads, Glaceon Powerlocks, Leafeon does lots of damage and adds to speed, etc.

From your current list, you run 4 DCE, and Umbreon is weak to Fighting, so I think it would be a good idea for you to run an Uxie Lv. X as a Promocroak counter.
    i can only fit so much in the deck XD

umbreon kos jumpluff with special dark or expert belt with some other eeveelutions on the bench. I find spreading ineffective, and i would run mespirit if i wanted to powerlock

I actually have no weakness if umbreon MD is on the feild, but i still might ad in uxie lv X to have a little more draw power, and it does give me an extra option against promocroak
    just need something to take out, maybe an SSU cause i just remembered umbreon prime basically has his own :x

I'd take out a Rescue for another Communication, and a Crobat for an Uxie X. Looks good, though, I can't wait to run something similar myself. :)

The reason I say take out a Crobat is you're going to want out 4 Eevee evs for max damage, and Uxie for drawing. That's 5 of your 6 slots full right there. Add in a Sableye or Azelf, and you'd have no room to drop a 'bat. This runs suuuuper tight on deck space. I also wouldn't take out a SSU for that reason. If you can SSU Azelf instead of having your opponent kill it to get it off the field, that's a very good thing.
    Last edited by AyameHikaru; 06/08/2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Reasoning for taking out crobat
    When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.
    Currently running: Are you sure you have enough dice? 38-22

max out bts. with a deck like this, u want to get them out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    I'd take out a Rescue for another Communication, and a Crobat for an Uxie X. Looks good, though, I can't wait to run something similar myself. :)

The reason I say take out a Crobat is you're going to want out 4 Eevee evs for max damage, and Uxie for drawing. That's 5 of your 6 slots full right there. Add in a Sableye or Azelf, and you'd have no room to drop a 'bat. This runs suuuuper tight on deck space. I also wouldn't take out a SSU for that reason. If you can SSU Azelf instead of having your opponent kill it to get it off the field, that's a very good thing.
    your right
    realizing that i almost want to take out the entire crobat engine altogether XD

but i dunno, the extra damage here and there might still be needed

i'll make those changes though

---------- Post added 06/08/2010 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The_Elemental_Dragon View Post
    max out bts. with a deck like this, u want to get them out fast.
    ya, just not entirely sure exactly what to take out :x

but if i do take out the crobats and poketurns, 2 slots are definitely going to more BTS

Yeah, I'm thinking that U Prime is enough of a heavy hitter (When you're set up) that crobat's not going to make that much of a difference. I doubt you'll come across a situation where that extra 10/20 will make or break the game.

So that leaves 5 slots. 2 BTS for sure. I'd max the communication just to make sure you can always get the Eeveelution you want. Then.... hmm, not sure about the last 2 slots. Judge/Copycat/PONT?
    Last edited by AyameHikaru; 06/08/2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo
    When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.
    Currently running: Are you sure you have enough dice? 38-22

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking that U Prime is enough of a heavy hitter (When you're set up) that crobat's not going to make that much of a difference. I doubt you'll come across a situation where that extra 10/20 will make or break the game.

So that leaves 5 slots. 2 BTS for sure. I'd max the communication just to make sure you can always get the Eeveelution you want. Then.... hmm, not sure about the last 2 slots. Judge/Copycat/PONT?
    i was never much of a fan of copycat, i like what judge can do to my opponent, but PONT can pull me out of a bad hand with sableye

meh, i guess judge, sableye can do plenty to heklp my hand with other supporters, and Judge can still help me out of a terrible hand

i i guess 2 BTS 1 Communication, 2 Judge