Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: DialgaChomp; Will it continue to win in the new format?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    DialgaChomp; Will it continue to win in the new format?

    Now that DialgaChomp loses Claydol, along with Unown G , how badly do you think DialgaChomp will be hurt? No more deck cycling for Special metals either. What are your opinions on how well this deck will do next format?
    Kevin Kobayashi
    2011 LCQ Qualifier
    Top 32 US Nationals 2012

  2. #2
    The deck will do well.

    1. Every other deck loses Claydol too. DialgaChomp is so lucky to get what it needs with supporters (Interviewer's question).
    2. Huge bodies are arriving. Vileplume, Gengar Prime and Mew Prime are prime examples of the things that will be ultimately suffering in front of Dialga G Lv.X (although Gengar may have an out with Gengar Lv.X).
    3. The deck should be able to fit in Skuntank + Toxicroak G against Machamp. The psychic energy is already played there, so charging Toxi won't be a problem. Stadiums go well with Deafen and might give outs to some matchups (Galactic's HQ against evolution decks, Conductive Quarry provides an energy supply).

    I'll be sure to play it next season, as it doesn't really carry any fatal autolosses.
    1 Cities win, 2 States wins, 6th and 5th at Nationals and 12th at Worlds with Gigas.

    Looking for a new deck.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Hawk View Post
    The deck will do well.

    1. Every other deck loses Claydol too. DialgaChomp is so lucky to get what it needs with supporters (Interviewer's question).
    2. Huge bodies are arriving. Vileplume, Gengar Prime and Mew Prime are prime examples of the things that will be ultimately suffering in front of Dialga G Lv.X (although Gengar may have an out with Gengar Lv.X).
    3. The deck should be able to fit in Skuntank + Toxicroak G against Machamp. The psychic energy is already played there, so charging Toxi won't be a problem. Stadiums go well with Deafen and might give outs to some matchups (Galactic's HQ against evolution decks, Conductive Quarry provides an energy supply).

    I'll be sure to play it next season, as it doesn't really carry any fatal autolosses.
    Mew Prime? I didn't think any one was actually going to use that card.

    Regardless, I think SP's in general are going to do well next season, including DialgaChomp.
    2011 - Top 16 St. Louis Regionals

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPL View Post
    Mew Prime? I didn't think any one was actually going to use that card.
    apparently somebodys not hip with the mew prime/ gengar prime / hunter/ spiritomb (lost link) deck that the eastern players are all in a buzz about

    (eastern as in asia.... not eastern america)

    ---------- Post added 07/09/2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

    oops i just spilled the beanzzzz
    signature and stuff
    street cred's and stuff
    W/L record and stuff
    CP and stuff

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mewbreon View Post
    apparently somebodys not hip with the mew prime/ gengar prime / hunter/ spiritomb (lost link) deck that the eastern players are all in a buzz about

    (eastern as in asia.... not eastern america)

    ---------- Post added 07/09/2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

    oops i just spilled the beanzzzz
    I wasn't aware that people were already using this combo. On topic, I think Dialga is better without claydol to get T1 Deafen more often. I think it is the play for BR's at least.
    5-1 Swiss, 3rd Place Nebraska States

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mewbreon View Post
    apparently somebodys not hip with the mew prime/ gengar prime / hunter/ spiritomb (lost link) deck that the eastern players are all in a buzz about

    (eastern as in asia.... not eastern america)

    ---------- Post added 07/09/2010 at 09:23 PM ----------

    oops i just spilled the beanzzzz
    Meh, I thought it was all us americans just hyping the new set
    2011 - Top 16 St. Louis Regionals

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Hawk View Post
    The deck will do well.

    1. Every other deck loses Claydol too. DialgaChomp is so lucky to get what it needs with supporters (Interviewer's question).
    2. Huge bodies are arriving. Vileplume, Gengar Prime and Mew Prime are prime examples of the things that will be ultimately suffering in front of Dialga G Lv.X (although Gengar may have an out with Gengar Lv.X).
    3. The deck should be able to fit in Skuntank + Toxicroak G against Machamp. The psychic energy is already played there, so charging Toxi won't be a problem. Stadiums go well with Deafen and might give outs to some matchups (Galactic's HQ against evolution decks, Conductive Quarry provides an energy supply).

    I'll be sure to play it next season, as it doesn't really carry any fatal autolosses.
    And it will fit in Palkia/Dialga Legend nicely, moving metal energy onto the card with Bronzong so it can do the attack twice in 2 turns before getting KOd, adding +4 to the opponent's prizes while giving up 2.
    (\_/)
    (O.o) This is Bunny. Add Bunny to your signature
    (> <) to help him achieve world domination

    NE Regionals Champion, 2010-2011; 9th NE Fall Regionals 2011-2012

  8. #8
    The only thing the deck loses is 1-1 Claydol, so yes, the deck will still be, if not more of a threat next season.

  9. #9
    ITs still going to be played like the other SPs will, they will just add 2-1 Toxitank to counter Machamp.
    Championship Series. Playoff Time, no Layoff Time!!!!

  10. #10
    Yep, SP's will still be around next season. They will still dominate, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gallade View Post
    You guys do know baby mario is an ex-cop right? Just wanted to throw that out there before you give him your real name.
    Game Scenario Writer for ProPokemon.com
    Currently running ZekEels || ...my trades...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkjon View Post
    Yep, SP's will still be around next season. They will still dominate, sadly.
    Unless Machamp actually does well, but I'm still skepticle about that one
    2011 - Top 16 St. Louis Regionals

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPL View Post
    Unless Machamp actually does well, but I'm still skepticle about that one
    Exactly. I don't see why it doesn't do well. The strategy is good, the card is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by gallade View Post
    You guys do know baby mario is an ex-cop right? Just wanted to throw that out there before you give him your real name.
    Game Scenario Writer for ProPokemon.com
    Currently running ZekEels || ...my trades...

  13. #13
    Throwing out some counter cards for the mix:
    Scizor Prime,
    The Lunarsoul tech (Lunatone SV Solrock CS),
    Rapidash AR with Wild Guard and Ponyta with acension,
    and, cards that would snipe Dialga G lvX,
    Last edited by Mewtral; 07/09/2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Getting into a single deck.

  14. #14
    ^I can't exactly tell what you are trying to say there.. You know those are all PokeBodies, right?
    Team Sugarbush

    A 1-1-1 or 1-0-1 line is a tech. A 1-1-1-1 or 1-0-1-1 line, however, is a JOKE.
    Check Out My Trade Thread

  15. #15
    I'm just listing some cards that may be on some peoples minds. also throwing in the upcoming Umbreon (unduanted I believe).
    And yes, I do know that, but If someone really wants it to work, they will thow some cards in to get Dialga G off their back. For example, Gengar LvX might be used with the Lunasoul tech. Flygon LvX might be teamed up with Flygon LvX to do serious LvX snipe.
    Getting into a single deck.

  16. #16
    That new energy exchange unit trainer looks like a great way to get special metals, so I think with that the deck can survive without claydol.

  17. #17
    AyameHikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere -_-
    Posts
    2,114
    Umbreon UD is an interesting tech against DialgaChomp. Does it run ANYTHING other than the base Dialga G that doesn't have a Pokepower or Pokebody? Because Umbreon shuts it down completely if no.

    (For those who don't know)

    Umbreon - Darkness - HP 90
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

    [D] Moonlight Fang: 30 damage. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon with any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies during your opponent’s next turn.
    [D][C] Quick Attack: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

    Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1
    When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.
    Currently running: Are you sure you have enough dice? 38-22

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Umbreon UD is an interesting tech against DialgaChomp. Does it run ANYTHING other than the base Dialga G that doesn't have a Pokepower or Pokebody? Because Umbreon shuts it down completely if no.

    (For those who don't know)

    Umbreon - Darkness - HP 90
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

    [D] Moonlight Fang: 30 damage. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon with any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies during your opponent’s next turn.
    [D][C] Quick Attack: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

    Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1
    promocroak has its way with umbreon though
    New player here, ignore my stupidity.
    !trade thread!
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126153

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by travis3290 View Post
    promocroak has its way with umbreon though
    Except that, you know...promocroak has a power...
    1st Place Ventura BR '08-'09--2nd Place Pasadena BR '09-'10
    1st Place Ventura BR (again) '09-'10--2nd Place Carpinteria Cities '09-'10
    Top 16 Nevada States '09-'10--3rd Place Southern California Regionals '09-'10
    2nd Place Pasadena BR (again) '09-'10

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Except that, you know...promocroak has a power...
    wow my bad
    New player here, ignore my stupidity.
    !trade thread!
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126153

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Umbreon UD is an interesting tech against DialgaChomp. Does it run ANYTHING other than the base Dialga G that doesn't have a Pokepower or Pokebody? Because Umbreon shuts it down completely if no.

    (For those who don't know)

    Umbreon - Darkness - HP 90
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

    [D] Moonlight Fang: 30 damage. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon with any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies during your opponent’s next turn.
    [D][C] Quick Attack: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

    Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1
    The base Dialga is enough. You can deafen with an Expert belt while using skuntank to knock it out and preventing the opponent from using trainers.
    5-1 Swiss, 3rd Place Nebraska States

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Umbreon UD is an interesting tech against DialgaChomp. Does it run ANYTHING other than the base Dialga G that doesn't have a Pokepower or Pokebody? Because Umbreon shuts it down completely if no.

    (For those who don't know)

    Umbreon - Darkness - HP 90
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

    [D] Moonlight Fang: 30 damage. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon with any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies during your opponent’s next turn.
    [D][C] Quick Attack: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

    Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1
    Ummm...Moonlight Fang does wayyyy too little damage, and Deafen+Flash Bite+Second Strike 2HKOs while shutting off Trainers for a turn. Cute thought, but ultimately not worth the time or space. If Moonlight Fang was 1 for 50/60 or something, then I'd say yes.

    To answer the OP, besides Claydol and Unown (G), DialgaChomp loses nothing to the rotation and it gains Energy Exchange Unit, which is rather sexy for grabbing those SP Metals and DCEs early (and it makes sure that you don't draw your Basic Energies too fast; you can just shuffle them in and Cyrus for them later).
    Young and Restless

  23. #23
    It wont be hard to just kill umbreon with a dialga G or even garchomp c

  24. #24
    There is also Umbreon MD that would drop weakness and retreat costs.
    and personally, I feel that eeveelution decks might make a comeback.
    Getting into a single deck.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtral View Post
    There is also Umbreon MD that would drop weakness and retreat costs.
    and personally, I feel that eeveelution decks might make a comeback.
    No...just no...

    1717171717171717
    2012-2013 Season Progress:
    1st Mountain Grove BR, 2nd Springfield BR, 2nd Bentonville BR, Top 32 Houston Regionals, 2nd Bentonville CC
    Currently 19-7
    Championship Points: 99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •