Thread: Announcing: The Pokémon Collectors Catalogue Project

Images

Announcing: The Pokémon Collectors Catalogue Project

Hi all

Some of you may know that I have been looking to get good quality scans of every card ever made (in particular, those pesky rare Japanese ones). What I plan to do with them is make resources for the community!

I'm planning a series of catalogues - see http://www.mediafire.com/?yan3832xy68nx

(The folder currently has one file, called 2-0INT. That's the file you want)

A lot of planning has gone into these catalogues (and not all from me!), so hopefully you'll take a look.

The aim is to have HQ scans of every card ever made. A serious task but hopefully I can generate some interest and we can work together to complete these.

There are more catalogues very nearly finished - all I need is for the images to be sent to me.

If you like what you see, let me know! Perhaps more importantly, if you don't, let me know why!

Thanks

d
    Collection wants (PM if you have for sale): 2007 Battle Stadium (Pal City promos) | Pokémon Snap Prize Cards

Articles: Japanese Trophy cards (pre-2003) | The Joys of Collecting | Announcing: The Pokémon Collectors Catalogue Project
    The Ultimate Collectors Forum Join the underground forum dedicated to everything collecting!

I'm a player, not a collector, but I love seeing all the obscure cards, so this is fantastic.

It looks great - extremely professional and has everything you could ever want to know about the cards in it.

Can't wait for more stuff to be uploaded!
    Read my article on Blastoise/Keldeo please
    UK National Seniors Champion '10 || Worlds Competitor '08, 09, '10, '11
    Worlds 2012 Top 32 Masters Division
    YOU/USEDTO_B E A_LRIGHT_AT/POKE_MON WHAT /HA_PPENED

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks very nice! Good job dogma and others involved in this project.

I cannot wait to see more.
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Great idea! Too bad the holographic cards don't show like they would in a binder though...
    HAXORUS IS KING
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, sell it on the side of the street, and then buy pokemon cards. Oh, and send a thank you note to life for providing the lemons you needed.

Images
    Pretty neat. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflames1994 View Post
    Too bad the holographic cards don't show like they would in a binder though...
    Wow...this is near perfect and you are complaining you can't see holographic material on your LCD screen???
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocitor View Post
    Exactly you noob, Charizard is far superior and will rule the World. Charizard is faster, more destructive and has more combos than magcargo

CotD Editor
    Forum Moderator
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Hi all

Some of you may know that I have been looking to get good quality scans of every card ever made (in particular, those pesky rare Japanese ones). What I plan to do with them is make resources for the community!

I'm planning a series of catalogues - see http://www.mediafire.com/?yan3832xy68nx

(The folder currently has one file, called 2-0INT. That's the file you want)

A lot of planning has gone into these catalogues (and not all from me!), so hopefully you'll take a look.

The aim is to have HQ scans of every card ever made. A serious task but hopefully I can generate some interest and we can work together to complete these.

There are more catalogues very nearly finished - all I need is for the images to be sent to me.

If you like what you see, let me know! Perhaps more importantly, if you don't, let me know why!

Thanks

d

Now, if we could just get him to spell catalog correctly... Just kidding buddy! Looks really nice and I can't wait to see the rest!
    Troll and Toad is NOT a Price Guide
    ☠ ☠ Trading Thread Sales Thread ☠ ☠
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Sorry, you don't have a right to be annoying.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post
    I'm a player, not a collector, but I love seeing all the obscure cards, so this is fantastic.
    This.

You don't need to be an elite collector to want these catalogues. Heck, you don't even need to read the stuff at the front. But you will want to grab these to get to see ultra-rare cards or cards you never knew existed in their full glory.

Who doesn't want to see pretty pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
    Now, if we could just get him to spell catalog correctly... Just kidding buddy! Looks really nice and I can't wait to see the rest!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

If only I can get everyone to speak/write English who it's supposed to...

Thanks for all the kind words here and on PMs etc. etc. So awesome to finally be able to show one that's nearly finished!
    Collection wants (PM if you have for sale): 2007 Battle Stadium (Pal City promos) | Pokémon Snap Prize Cards

Articles: Japanese Trophy cards (pre-2003) | The Joys of Collecting | Announcing: The Pokémon Collectors Catalogue Project
    The Ultimate Collectors Forum Join the underground forum dedicated to everything collecting!

Images
    Just lmk what you need doing and I'll do what you need.

If I can get the scanner working I can provide you with some images too (something tell me you might be missing some of the Pal City cards =P)

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post

It looks great - extremely professional and has everything you could ever want to know about the cards in it.

Can't wait for more stuff to be uploaded!
    I agree, I'm no collector either, but seeing some of the more oddball ones or just plain rare is nice enough for me.
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

CotD Editor
    Forum Moderator
    Images
    If you need anything from me, you know I'm always up for scanning!
    Troll and Toad is NOT a Price Guide
    ☠ ☠ Trading Thread Sales Thread ☠ ☠
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Sorry, you don't have a right to be annoying.

Images
    Cheers Wayne, sent you a PM. DJ - I'll need to figure out what scans I need from you. Of course, you could always just give me those Pal Cities :P

Lol that IS how you spell "catalogue"!!

Dogma, I probably don't have anything that rare to contribute, but I have a ton of scans that you're welcome to if you need them, and I'd love to give whatever I can. :)

Images
    Dogma, I have some VERY rare cards i would be happy to send you scans of for your amazing project. tried to pm you but your box is full.

Send me a pm and i'd be glad to send you whatever I can to help . Phone cards in the envelopes, illustrator scans are about all i can offer.I think it is great you are recording the history of these amazing Japanese trophy cards and promos- major props!!

Due to my wife's illness I have sold most of what i had and I'm stepping away from collecting Pokemon cards, but i still commend you for what your doing.

John
    Last edited by the_sniper; 10/11/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    My Refs

ALWAYS sucks to be a yankees fan !!
    " We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" :Kenji Miyazawa
    Red Sox Nation !

Images
    LOL, too many people are PM'ing me today! (If anybody is wondering why I am so popular today, check out Waynegg's lovely contribution here http://upccc.proboards.com/index.cgi...play&thread=20)

OK, cleared out my random stuff out of the inbox. It's a shame that some great collectors are out of action this year... hope your wife gets better and people are buying these amazing cards.

Sent you a PM too
    Last edited by dogma; 10/11/2010 at 02:48 PM.

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic project, and hope you see it to its conclusion.

Are you planning on releasing stand-alone, un-watermarked card images as well (in .jpg/.png form)? That would be really helpful for sites like Pokepedia/Bulbapedia, and any project that needs an "index" -- online play with actual card scans, for example. While I realize it's annoying for someone to just slap their own watermark on images that you go through great pains to scan, releasing the images by themselves would be a great help to the community.

I'd also really appreciate it if you considered making non-.pdf versions -- html would be much more navigable with a project of this size.

Good luck!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterOfTheLake View Post

Are you planning on releasing stand-alone, un-watermarked card images as well (in .jpg/.png form)? That would be really helpful for sites like Pokepedia/Bulbapedia, and any project that needs an "index" -- online play with actual card scans, for example. While I realize it's annoying for someone to just slap their own watermark on images that you go through great pains to scan, releasing the images by themselves would be a great help to the community.
    I hope dogma doesn't mind me speaking for him, but no, un-watermarked scans in .jpg or any other form will not be released. Simply because it would be unfair if other sits cashed in on all the hard work we had done as a community by just using our scans.

That is also the reason the pdfs will be locked when un-watermarked scans are put into them.

Images
    No probs mate. DJ is right.

It's not even my effort - I haven't scanned the cards. People on this thread contributing and viper.fox does most of the work. I would love to give them out, but I don't have their permission. Sorry!

The other major issue is copyright. I just don't want to get into the hassle of having a struggle with TPCi

Quote Originally Posted by platapierule View Post
    Wow...this is near perfect and you are complaining you can't see holographic material on your LCD screen???
    I'm not complaining, I am just saying that I would miss seeing holographic cards, which is what I like most about the cards. You don't have to get upset about a tiny little thing. Like I said, it's a great idea.
    HAXORUS IS KING
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, sell it on the side of the street, and then buy pokemon cards. Oh, and send a thank you note to life for providing the lemons you needed.

Images
    I'm bumping - but for a good reason: another catalogue is finished. Yay! (To get it, use the same link as in my first post - the new release is 1-0INT.pdf)

This one is the first intro set, 1-0INT. This release covers the Bulbasaur and Squirtle decks.

Other releases are planned, I'm just waiting for card scans. For those who have sent me scans - thanks - I am going to create more catalogues soon!