Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Sakuracon Pokemon 2011

  1. #1
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4

    Sakuracon Pokemon 2011

    The Sakura-con Anime convention is April 22-24 in Seattle. As allways we will have our Pokemon tournaments Saturday April 23rd.

    The unlimited 60 card constructed event will have registration starting at 9:00 AM and the tourament starting at 9:30 AM. There is no entry fee but you must have your own deck cards.

    The booster event starts with registration at 12:00 noon and the tournament starting at 12:30 pm. The enty fee is $20.00 for the 6 packs of your choice. The cards of course are yours to keep and you will be contructing your 40 card deck fom the booster packs you choose. No trading. We will have basic energy for you to borrow for the event.

    There will be prizes for both tournaments in additon to Sakura-con Petal Points for the Sakura-con prize room. The winners of each age group will recieve petal points, others placings depending on particpation.

    You will need a Sakura-con badge to be able to particpate. So if you have ever played pokemon and you will be going to the con this year, we hope to see you there.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    110
    So Professor Oak and Bill are supporters from now on?
    The Truth is Out There
    Hit the bricks pal, you're done!
    You Play to Win the Game

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
    So Professor Oak and Bill are supporters from now on?
    Bill is a supporter.

    Professor Oak, Impostor Professor Oak, and Impostor Professor Oak's Invention are still trainers.

    Professor Oak's Visit, Professor Oak's New Theory, and Professor Oak's Research are supporters.
    Washington State PTO.

    Worlds Head Judge - Seniors 2014 : US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

    Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

  4. #4
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    Yes that is correct. Also there "MAY" be annother special pokemon event at Sakura-con but right now it is just a maybe. (hopefully it will happen)
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  5. #5
    Unfortunately the mysterious special Pokemon event Jeff is referring to was not approved by the powers that be.
    Washington State PTO.

    Worlds Head Judge - Seniors 2014 : US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

    Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

  6. #6
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    That is too bad. Maybe next year if we get started earlier we can make it happen, The submission deadline for events did pass in mid February so we knew it was a long shot.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  7. #7
    homeofmew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,655
    Images
    15
    uck I want to go to this one year, unlimited event FTW
    [ homeofmew |Christine "Tina" Michie]
    [Masters Division | Houston, Texas/ USA
    ]
    ~ B.S. Mathematical Sciences - University of Houston, Victoria ~
    I.N.T.J. Personality Type


  8. #8
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by homeofmew View Post
    uck I want to go to this one year, unlimited event FTW
    Oh I regret to inform you that it will be swiss not the single elimination that you prefer
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    110
    Are we going to use the current TCG ruling or are we going to swtich to the new b/w rules?
    The Truth is Out There
    Hit the bricks pal, you're done!
    You Play to Win the Game

  10. #10
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
    Are we going to use the current TCG ruling or are we going to swtich to the new b/w rules?
    We will be playing "Current" pre-black and white rules, but I will allow black and white cards to be used if someone has them. I am ruling that all cards be played as written. so if your potion card says remove 20 you remove 20, if your potion card says remove 30 them remove 30.

    Only exception to this will be that all Bill cards will be considered to be a supporter.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  11. #11
    Ok, so I've recently gotten back into Pokemon and thought I'd bring some decks to con with me for kicks and giggles. Seeing as how I've been out of the loop for a while I just want to ask question or two:

    1. Most of my decks are made up of old cards, like WotC old. Are these still acceptable?
    2. I recall reading somewhere in the tournament section something about character sleeves not being allowed in tournaments, I just received a bunch from Japan and I'm not to excited about the idea of going through and un-sleeving my decks.
    3. Lastly, concerning gym leader's Pokemon, can I play an evolved form on a base Pokemon if the evolved is not a gym leader version? i.e. playing "Arcanine" on "Blaine's Growlithe", would that be acceptable?

    Sorry, I know this isn't really the right place for my questions, but seeing as how Sakura-con is the only place I'll really be playing outside my game group I wanted to make sure.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by daniken View Post
    Ok, so I've recently gotten back into Pokemon and thought I'd bring some decks to con with me for kicks and giggles. Seeing as how I've been out of the loop for a while I just want to ask question or two:

    1. Most of my decks are made up of old cards, like WotC old. Are these still acceptable?
    2. I recall reading somewhere in the tournament section something about character sleeves not being allowed in tournaments, I just received a bunch from Japan and I'm not to excited about the idea of going through and un-sleeving my decks.
    3. Lastly, concerning gym leader's Pokemon, can I play an evolved form on a base Pokemon if the evolved is not a gym leader version? i.e. playing "Arcanine" on "Blaine's Growlithe", would that be acceptable?

    Sorry, I know this isn't really the right place for my questions, but seeing as how Sakura-con is the only place I'll really be playing outside my game group I wanted to make sure.
    1. Since the 9 AM tournament is Unlimited, those old cards are still acceptable. I believe that the only card that is not allowed in an Unlimited tournament is Ancient Mew - it was a movie promo and it doesn't have English text for the attack, hit points, weakness, etc.

    2. Sleeves are allowed, but they must have a Pokemon theme and must have single color edges. If you recently bought your sleeves, they are likely legal.

    3. No, you cannot evolve "Blaine's Growlithe" into "Arcanine." If you read the text on Arcanine, it says it evolves from "Growlithe", not "Blaine's Growlithe." The gym leader's name must be present on both stages of evolution. If you read Blaine's Arcanine, it says it evolves from "Blaine's Growlithe."
    Washington State PTO.

    Worlds Head Judge - Seniors 2014 : US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

    Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeMATHter View Post
    1. Since the 9 AM tournament is Unlimited, those old cards are still acceptable. I believe that the only card that is not allowed in an Unlimited tournament is Ancient Mew - it was a movie promo and it doesn't have English text for the attack, hit points, weakness, etc.

    2. Sleeves are allowed, but they must have a Pokemon theme and must have single color edges. If you recently bought your sleeves, they are likely legal.

    3. No, you cannot evolve "Blaine's Growlithe" into "Arcanine." If you read the text on Arcanine, it says it evolves from "Growlithe", not "Blaine's Growlithe." The gym leader's name must be present on both stages of evolution. If you read Blaine's Arcanine, it says it evolves from "Blaine's Growlithe."
    David-How could you? Seriously?! They have to be pokemon theme sleeves. This is not a premier event you know. And this is suppose to be an anime convention where you can use any sleeves you want. Especially, anime sleeves.

    JandPDS- help me out here plweeeze?
    The Truth is Out There
    Hit the bricks pal, you're done!
    You Play to Win the Game

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
    David-How could you? Seriously?! They have to be pokemon theme sleeves. This is not a premier event you know. And this is suppose to be an anime convention where you can use any sleeves you want. Especially, anime sleeves.

    JandPDS- help me out here plweeeze?
    Sorry Mike, but if it is a sanctioned tournament, then it must follow the tournament rules.
    Washington State PTO.

    Worlds Head Judge - Seniors 2014 : US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

    Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeMATHter View Post
    Sorry Mike, but if it is a sanctioned tournament, then it must follow the tournament rules.
    *Takes out a razor and shaved David's head* AGAIN!
    Last edited by Final Boss; 04/19/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    The Truth is Out There
    Hit the bricks pal, you're done!
    You Play to Win the Game

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
    *Takes out a razor and shaved David's head* AGAIN!
    Thanks for the reminder. I do need a haircut tonight.
    Washington State PTO.

    Worlds Head Judge - Seniors 2014 : US Nationals Head Judge - Seniors 2011

    Member of Team Squirtle Squad - 2007 Team Play World Champions.

  17. #17
    Gillig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Evergreen State
    Posts
    35
    I'd go but I am broke :(

  18. #18
    Wow old bump
    Posted with Mobile style...
    Military Intelligence and Reconnaissance

  19. #19
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4

    Sakuracon Pokemon 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by r3skyline View Post
    Wow old bump
    Posted with Mobile style...
    There will be Pokemon-TCG at Sakura con 2012. As soon as we recieve that everything is finalized I will post it herer on the Gym. But if you have particapted at Sakura Con in the past you know the format. Each year we have grown larger and larger its been fantastic.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  20. #20
    I'm going to SakCon. I was going to play Pokemon while I was there but all of my decks were stolen on Monday.

    So, now I'm just going just to go.
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden

    NW Washington Pokemon League (Tacoma/Lakewood Area)
    Every Sunday from 1-3 at Nerdystuffs (www.facebook.com/nerdystuffs)

  21. #21
    There was talk of a pre release last year if I remember correctly. What about this year?
    Posted with Mobile style...
    Applejack is best pony.

  22. #22
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
    There was talk of a pre release last year if I remember correctly. What about this year?
    Posted with Mobile style...
    No, it was decided that the Con attendance charge would make the event to small to make it worth running.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JandPDS View Post
    No, it was decided that the Con attendance charge would make the event to small to make it worth running.
    UGHGHGHGHHGGHHG

    i dont want to have to choose con or PR ):
    Applejack is best pony.

  24. #24
    JandPDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
    UGHGHGHGHHGGHHG

    i dont want to have to choose con or PR ):
    The con is Easter Weekend, no Prerelease durring that time this year.
    2nd Burien CC '08, T16 Northwest RC '08, 1st Bremerton MD PR '08, 2nd Renton SBR '08, T4 Renton CC '09, 1st Seattle CC '09, T16 Washington SC '09, T4 Burien FBR '09 1st Bremerton U PR '10, T4 Renton SBR '10 1st Seattle SBR '10, T4 Marysville CC '10 2nd Renton CC '10, T8 Oregon States '11, 1st Burien SBR '11, T4 Redmond FBR '11 T4 Lakewood CC '11, T8 Renton CC '12 T4 Renton FBR '12, T8 Bremerton CC '12

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    110
    Jeff-For the unlimited tournament, is sableye SF going to be legal?
    The Truth is Out There
    Hit the bricks pal, you're done!
    You Play to Win the Game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •