Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japan's 2011 Pokemon World Championships Qualifier Event Cancelled

Japan's 2011 Pokemon World Championships Qualifier Event Cancelled

Due to the recent earthquake in Japan, Japan's Pokemon World Championship 2011 Qualifers which decide who represents Japan have been cancelled.More information will be provided later on the Japanese website

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2011/03/at110314_02.html
    Member of Team LA. <(^.^)>
    Creator of "The Shedinja" Deck a.k.a "Prizeless"
    RESPONSIBLE FOR 74 MIN RND 2 GAME AT WORLDS 06 GRINDER FOR 15+. Fossils are lame.

Man, that really stinks for Japan. I wonder how this is going to affect Worlds 2011. I hope that Japan will be able to have the qualifiers back soon, and I also hope that they will recover out of the earthquake sooner as well.
    Masters Division:
    Achievements:
    Honestly, in a heavily luck-based format like this one, there is no point bragging about achievements this season unless we have a more skill-based format like the SP or delta days.

I don't think people are getting the gravity of the situation in Japan. At some point things like Pokemon events will hapen again, but there are bigger concerns going on.
    <)))))><
    Theorem: One can do just about anything, but not everything.
    Corollary: One can afford just about anything, but not everything.
    The worst thing you can do for someone you love are the things they could and should do for themselves. - John Wooden, Legendary UCLA Coach

Agreed...
    Did you guys watch the news or anything? They have other issues then pokemon right now,
    Maybe the events wil be rescheduled, maybe they wont, it doesnt really matter right now does it?

~ German National Champion 2010 (Masters) ~
    ~ 1st Place European Professor Cup 2010 ~
    ~ T32 Worlds 2010 ~
    ~ Team Hatter ~

Blog Entries
    Images
    the TCG blog has also been temporarily suspended: http://ptcg.creatures.co.jp/

and the main concern upthread being the trophy cards? =/ =/

'mom
    SD area players: join the Play! Pokemon San Diego facebook group for local event info!
    League Leader, San Diego Games and Comics / PTO, San Diego CA
    My eyes being hindered by blind passions, I cannot perceive the light that grasps me;
    Yet the great compassion, without tiring, Illumines me always.
    Namuamidabutsu...

Wow, one bad thing after another in Japan
    It's been a while hasn't it, Pokegym?
    Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089943640/
    HRPrimeGaming (Youtube)l

So sad, another thing that has been lost due to the multiple tragedies. I hope that it will be rescheduled or at the least something can be planned in the future to provide a little fun and enjoyment to the Pokemon players in Japan.
    A Prof, Co-LL, and Proud PokeMom of Matthew and Andrew

I read it as concern as to whether we'll be seeing some of our friends from japan.
    The Truth is Out There. Print Ross' Worlds Deck!!!!!

"100 players think they're in the top 25." ~ Adam Vernola

Wow. An 8.9 Earthquake in Japan. People are LOSING they're lives, and they are very sophisticated people. It's kind of a disappointing that Worlds is being cancelled, but that's on a smaller matter.
    Last edited by SD PokeMom; 03/18/2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed quote of deleted 'get a life' post
    I change signatures A LOT.
    Me and Porii Sames' Blog!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbufet View Post
    It's kind of a disappointing that Worlds is being cancelled, but that's on a smaller matter.
    where did anyone say that worlds is being cancelled?

'mom
    SD area players: join the Play! Pokemon San Diego facebook group for local event info!
    My eyes being hindered by blind passions, I cannot perceive the light that grasps me;
    Namuamidabutsu...

Quote Originally Posted by SD PokéMom View Post
    where did anyone say that worlds is being cancelled?

'mom
    I meant to put Worlds Qualifier, oops. But yeah, it'd be cool if they did manage to make the qualifier sometime soon, it would give people something to do to get their minds off the earthquake.
    I change signatures A LOT.
    Me and Porii Sames' Blog!

I hope Japan gets better. Imagine if you were in there shoes.

Images
    I'm a bit confused.

There will be no Japan world qualifiers at worlds?

I do pray that Japan gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEXARD View Post
    Porii Sames is the unbeatable example of how SPAM is done, learn from him before trying again.
    to all who flamed me you got trolled

Blog Entries
    Images
    okay: i've cleaned up this thread, the subject of which is the postponement or possible cancellation of japan's TCG and VG worlds qualifiers due to the ongoing disasters.

the topic is NOT: what prizes were going to be given at those qualifiers, the existance or non-existance of god, effectiveness or not of prayer, or pros and cons of nuclear power.

PLEASE stay on topic: i'd hate to have to lock this thread as this is major news in the TCG and VG communities.

'mom
    Namuamidabutsu...

Wow, that is intense, however, not in the slightest surprising, any idea how Japans players will receive Worlds invites?

I don't know but I would ask Pokemon if I could represant Japan. If I lived there.

Images
    What exactly does the page in the link say?

I hope Japan the best, and I hope they come back from this tragic event. Take care, all of you.
    Team Sherman! Members are Cade, Ricky, Andy, Michael, Lonnie, Blue, and of course The leader me Dylan!!!!Top Cut at NATS, 3rd Sherman 2010 Battle Roads, 3rd Garland 2010 Battle Roads, 2nd Tyler Battle Roads 2011, 7th Tom Bean Cities 2012, 3rd Tom Bean Cities 2013, 1st Tyler Battle Roads 2013, 3rd Sherman League Challenge 2013, 4th Sherman Cities 2013
    : Here is a link to my new youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXiAcYtW5m-j7oOjjshdrqw

This is sad. With all the problems the earthquake has caused, i am sure that the people of Japan have more important things to think about.

On the flip side, i would think that with all the disasters, the kids and family's would need something like Pokemon to get their minds off of all these disasters. I remember Teddy Bears being given to kids in disaster situations, i am sure Pokemon would work the same - give the kids something to look toward with all that is going on.

Everyone calm down... This doesn't mean that japan won't make it to worlds. After all, a lot of the planning for worlds is from Japan. They will definitely have a way to get into worlds, but I am not sure of how this will happen. But, the event DOES need something for kids to get this off of their minds. I agree with and earlier post (forgot his name and didn't quote ), and it just makes me feel kind of disappointed with this decision. Although, I bet the main reason that they canceled it was for them having problems of their own. I don't think that it was so much of they wanted to let people deal with THEIR problems, but more as they have things that they still need to solve. Other than that, I just think that these changes will revert to normal, but give it time. Japan is going through a lot, and we don't want to rush anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    The Azelf note things are ridiculous. At a City I played in this year, a kid used Time Walk, then proceeded to write on a piece of notebook paper for almost two minutes. After the game, I notice his scrap paper left on the table. I unfolded it only to find a well-drawn Snorlax.

Front Page News Editor
    Forum Moderator
    Images
    It is a good thing that Pokemon is a communtiy, and there is a connection that the Pokemon community pulls together in times like this that everyone effected knows that others across the seas care about the situation at hand.
    We may not be able help directly, but we can do what we as individuals feel is neccessary to comfort those in this earthquake, even if it is through Pokemon or other means.

Even if Pokemon is the last thing on those peoples minds, the support we give to them will have some kind of impact, through the spirit of the game which is connected to the human spirit of caring about our fellow nieghbors no matter where they are located and what they are enduring.

My thoughts and prayers go to those who are in need of the simplest of things such as water, food, a roof over their heads, and that they do find some comfort through the Pokemon community.
    VGC Judge 2001-2016 = NorCal, SoCal, Oregon, Utah - Regionals/States
    Pokémon ORuby: 0190-2076-2293
    Team Rocket = Bring it on!
    Pokemon VGC Professor Level 1 as of 2016-06-07!

To all the people who are saying that Japan has bigger things to worry about then Pokemon, just think about it another way.

Yes the earthquake is terrible, but the sooner they can get back to their normal lives, the better.

That means that having the Qualifier is really important. The sooner it can happen, the better.

aww that sucks.....hope the people there who were supposed to be there in japan are ok...:(

Images
    There are more important thigs than pokemon. My heart goes out to the people of Japan and if you have nothing better to do than post trash on the 'gym, why not use that time to donate to Japan's recovery? Then you can go back to being a nudge....

so Japan will not have its national championship right now

Last I look people lives are more important then some Card Game.
    I am know to my firend by the name Legendary Master and Mew Master by others Ghostly Army

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast