Thread: Pokemon app for apple app store

Pokemon app for apple app store

I just want to say that theres a helpful app that tells you when pokemon evolve or how and what there weakness's and resitsances are. it's called dex and it's free.
    Kolton Day
    2015-2016 Season - Masters Division
    145(+40)/300Championship Points
    See you in San Francisco!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Right...now by free, do you mean barely functional, ad spam, buy full version spam, etc? Because that's what most apps that are "free" entail from my experience...
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

Images
    Regis, your experience is horrible. Dex is a beautiful app. =\

Dex is fully functional and well-designed, and is updated frequently to keep up with changes and bug notifications. It includes sprites, a nicely implemented search function, and links to Marriland, Serebii and Bulbapedia per Pokemon.

The only ads you have to deal with are a thin bottom banner that is fairly unobtrusive.
    Last edited by Kayle; 04/16/2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sort != search
    Team B-Side
    || cardmaker, competitive tcg player, competitive vg player. ||
    || programmer, game designer; fantasy writer, amateur artist. ||
    .....the figter of shadows.....

Images
    Regis, you have the complete wrong description of this app. I don't even think there IS a full version!

This app is beautiful for anyone who wants a mobile pokedex. I strongly recommend it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gallade View Post
    Good god, prodigal_fanboy had a serious post? No puns? No completely offensive quotes? Nothing for me to sig?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckleLVX View Post
    Really, you can believe me. I'm from the internet.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Well which app is it exactly? I've seen a handful of horrible pokedex ones on the itunes store, have yet to see a good one...anyone have a link to it?

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

Images
    Just search "Dex" In the app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by gallade View Post
    Good god, prodigal_fanboy had a serious post? No puns? No completely offensive quotes? Nothing for me to sig?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckleLVX View Post
    Really, you can believe me. I'm from the internet.

Yeah, my boyfriend has it. It is REALLY helpful. He bought the ad-free version. It's only like $0.99.
    1st at Tomball, TX '09 City Championships!!! (Masters Division)
    2nd at Cypress, TX '09 Autumn Battle Road!!! (Masters Division)
    1st at Houston, TX '09 City Championships!!! (Masters Division)
    1st at Woodlands, TX '07 Spring Battle Road!!! (Masters Division)
    Quote Originally Posted by flariados View Post
    I caught a shiny Rhydon in Ruby and Sapphire. Love that thing and I should evolve him to a Rhyhorn.

Are there pictures or is it completely txt?

There are pictures. I have nothing but praise for it; it's been pretty useful, especially for learning all these new Gen V pokémon.
    Crit happens.

Images
    It also tells you what moves are effective/ineffective/no effect against Pokemon. Not to mention, it tells you the base stats of each Pokemon and if you wanted to know what moves they can learn, just go to the serebii site through the app.
    WiiU ID: Chompy621

Blog Entries
    Images
    I gave it a try, well it's better than quite a few of the other apps out there considering it's a basic free version I suppose. At least it's nice enough to link to the better sites out there.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regis_Neo View Post
    I gave it a try, well it's better than quite a few of the other apps out there considering it's a basic free version I suppose. At least it's nice enough to link to the better sites out there.
    Out of curiosity, what doesn't it have that you want (or what does it have that you don't want, other than the ads)?

Displaying movesets would be nice, but that's a lot of information to store and display in such a small space.
    Team B-Side

Bulbagarden is launching a free app (with no ads, ever) within about a month's time for iOS platforms (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), so I hope not too many of you have been ripped off by app makers demanding payment. Particularly since it's actually illegal for them to charge for those apps. Nintendo went and slaughtered 20 apps for that early last year. Not sure if they got deleted off the phones of the users who bought them also, but I certainly wouldn't risk it.
    Webmaster, Bulbagarden.net
    Home of the Bulbapedia - the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia; and Bulbanews - your community Pokémon newspaper

Do you think Nintendo got involved because of them using sprites or the names in general?

I'd expect it was all uses of Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks without permission and for the purpose of profit. So that'd include both sprites and names, amongst other things.
    Webmaster, Bulbagarden.net
    Home of the Bulbapedia - the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia; and Bulbanews - your community Pokémon newspaper

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayle View Post
    Out of curiosity, what doesn't it have that you want (or what does it have that you don't want, other than the ads)?

Displaying movesets would be nice, but that's a lot of information to store and display in such a small space.
    Well not movesets, but more things that an actual pokedex would have, such as the in-game entries for the Pokemon, height comparison, maybe what moves it learns from leveling, that sorta thing. Don't really need movesets, heck I can come up with movesets for about any Pokemon alive just fine on my own lol.

Images
    Honestly that all sounds like highly superfluous information. If you're trying to pack your information into an app, wouldn't you only want the functional stuff?

I can see ingame entries and levelup moves...
    Team B-Side