Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston, Texas Pokemon TCG & VGC Regional Championships - April 14 & 15, 2012

Images
    Yes, we're still around, lol. Mia and I took a little well deserved break from Pokemon after Cities and NEX Prereleases. We're back in Pokemon mode and getting ready for the BIG weekend.

We'll start making some announcements over the next few weeks so keep an eye on this thread. We'll also post everything over on pokemonBUZZ.com and on the Houston Pokemon facebook page. Be sure to get over there and "Like" us.

Make sure you get your Hilton Hotel room or rooms booked and make sure you do it under the Pokemon Regional block so that you can save some money. 79.00 + tax = 92.43 and that's a great deal for such a nice, huge hotel. This deal is for April 12 - April 15 Thursday - Sunday.

This group rate is good until March 30th. They may and can offer the price afterwards IF they have rooms available but don't take that chance.

DON'T FORGET - If you're flying in, MAKE SURE you fly into Bush IAH (North Houston). FREE shuttle every 30 minutes to and from the hotel. DO NOT fly into Hobby Airport (South Houston), it's on the other side of town and NO free shuttle.

If you're driving - here's a great tip - Think Murphy's gas stations (Walmart) because they're always cheaper than the name brand stations, we use them all the time. Go to the Murphy's website and print a list of Murphy's gas stations on your route to Houston. Save yourself some money.
    PTO South Texas - Papa Beautiful

Meh, I just use this. It updates automatically whenever new credit card information comes available.
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

I live in the austin area and didnt know where to post this but, is there anyone else in austin that plays competitively that might also want to go to this or any austin playtest groups i could get in on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alsosteve View Post
    I live in the austin area and didnt know where to post this but, is there anyone else in austin that plays competitively that might also want to go to this or any austin playtest groups i could get in on
    The Austin Pokemon League at Dragons Lair.

Can't wait! I've already requested off of work!

Will there be any side events?
    2010 Texas State Champion
    The ORIGINAL Professor Sycamore

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Sycamore View Post
    Will there be any side events?
    Friday night and possibly Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, still working on a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Cook View Post
    Friday night and possibly Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, still working on a few things.
    Can't wait. It should be another great event like last years Texas Regionals.
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

Images

Gonna get a TV spot for that, Mike?
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bullados View Post
    Gonna get a TV spot for that, Mike?
    You never know with me but expect more where that came from.

You put that on TV, and you'll get 4 figures. Easy.
    Bullados YouTube Channel

Images
    Hotel note,

MAKE SURE you use the Pokemon block when booking your room or rooms at the Houston Hilton North.

I will pull the names off the Pokemon Block list for the raffling off the sealed box of cards. If you book your room or rooms without getting in the block, your name will not be on the list.

Also remember that booking through the Pokemon Block gets you free internet in the room.

Pokemon Block - $79.00 + tax = UNDER $93.00

281-875-2222

How is the Juniors Champion (or any Champion) from last year not featured in your video? Natalia did go undefeated last year after all...... :) Very cool video nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing Mike and the crew again in April.
    Last edited by pokemaster1970; 03/04/2012 at 09:53 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster1970 View Post
    How is the Juniors Champion (or any Champion) from last year not featured in your video? Natalia did go undefeated last year after all...... :) Very cool video nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing Mike and the crew again in April.
    Our intention wasn't about making a video about the winners.

I figured as much, since I saw the Menchaca crew on there....LOL.....See you in a week at Texas States.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster1970 View Post
    I figured as much, since I saw the Menchaca crew on there....LOL.....See you in a week at Texas States.
    And to be honest, the photos are from a couple of years ago. I somehow lost the last two years of photos but I know the photos are on a disc somewhere in my house.

Another video is on the way, stay tuned and our plans are to make a video of the winners and post it afterwards.

Im eager to come down to Houston again for some nice matches. Ive always had a great time at regionals!
    Posted with Mobile style...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Would you be interested in running any alternate format tournaments? Common/uncommon, draft, singleton, unlimited, DX-on expanded, etc...Lots of possibilities!

I guess more to the point, though: would anyone else be interested in playing in these? Mike won't be interested in running them unless others are interested in playing. :P
    I'd love to draft.

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I already have my time and tickets to come down this year.

Gonna be great working with Mike and the rest of the Judge team this year!!!!
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Images
    https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=154661237930508

ALERT ALERT ALERT

I got a phone call this morning from the hotel telling me we booked all our rooms. WOW, AWESOME!

We've added more rooms so there's no reason NOT to to stay with us at the Hilton.

You've got until March 30th to get the GREAT Pokemon rate.

Ask for the Pokemon block / $79.00 + tax = under $93.00 and free internet in your room and YES, the tournament IS IN THE HOTEL, no traveling from point A to B.

Don't forget, ALL names on the Pokemon block list (provided by the hotel) will be in a raffle for a sealed box of Next Destinies.

Don't forget if you're flying in, FREE shuttle every 30 minutes to BUSH IAH.

FREE shuttle anywhere with in 5 miles of hotel.

FREE parking inside garage or outside.

FREE visiting with ME.
    -------------------------

More announcements coming soon, such as Friday night side events, weekend contests, and vendors. Notice the "s" on vendors.

Images
    We will announce more info after States. Stay tuned for vendor info, side events on Friday night, and all the different contest throughout the weekend.

I'll possibly be in town for my dads birthday... So maybe I'll stop by and win this.

Team B-side.
    Posted with Mobile style...
    Applejack is best pony.

Images
    *Looks at binders. Pulls out old school cards. Throws together a deck. Brushes dust off sealed pre release sleeves. THe testing has BEGUN!*

---------- Post added 03/18/2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

Shared on my Facebook wall!! Great Job Tiny!

Proud Dad of Oliver and Kait Fish!!
    Do your Deck List BEFORE the Tournament HERE!!
    Have you checked out the Card of the Day??

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EeveeLover View Post
    I already have my time and tickets to come down this year.

Gonna be great working with Mike and the rest of the Judge team this year!!!!
    Do do envy you, traveling from state to state judging.

...FREE visiting with ME...
    Quite frankly, I can't think of a better reason to come! In fact, I'm gonna be disappointed if the entire Gym doesn't show up now that this information is public...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast