Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston, Texas Pokemon TCG & VGC Regional Championships - April 14 & 15, 2012

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Da' Fish View Post
    *Looks at binders. Pulls out old school cards. Throws together a deck. Brushes dust off sealed pre release sleeves. THe testing has BEGUN!*

---------- Post added 03/18/2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

Shared on my Facebook wall!! Great Job Tiny!

and I ain't talkin' Cleffa!

---------- Post added 03/18/2012 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrataxe View Post
    Do do envy you, traveling from state to state judging.

Quite frankly, I can't think of a better reason to come! In fact, I'm gonna be disappointed if the entire Gym doesn't show up now that this information is public...
    The whole GYM would be crazy if they don't show up in Houston. I'm tellin' you, I'm gonna rock Regionals for all the players.

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 11:23 AM ----------

Last edited by Team Cook; 03/19/2012 at 10:23 AM.
    PTO South Texas - Papa Beautiful

Okay so flight booked, and hotel reserved.

Can anyone help me figure out how the shuttle works from IAH to the venue?
    Applejack is best pony.

Quick question. Will there be a place to playtest on Friday like last year?
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbyking View Post
    quick question. Will there be a place to playtest on friday like last year?
    pokemon regionals championships schedule:

Friday, april 13 - 6:30 pm - 1:00 am - open gaming in pokemon ballroom. Open gaming available in atrium outside the ballroom all day.

Saturday, april 14 - pokemon tcg championships - 8:00 am - 10:00 am registration, deck checks, and announcements / round 1 follows.

Sunday, april 15 - top 16 cut for tcg at 8:00 am / pokemon vgc championships - juniors & seniors am / masters pm - times posted soon.
    1234567890--=05467898

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

also side note. when i called today tehy said i booked the last room in the block.
    Applejack is best pony.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
    Okay so flight booked, and hotel reserved.

Can anyone help me figure out how the shuttle works from IAH to the venue?

Call the hotel directly and let them know that you will need a shuttle and when (provide flight info and what terminal). 281-875-2222 - They start the shuttle at 5:00 am and run through 11:30 pm and run every 30 minutes.

---------- Post added 03/20/2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

1234567890--=05467898

---------- Post added 03/19/2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

also side note. when i called today they said i booked the last room in the block.

Just called the Hilton, we have plenty of rooms available, don't worry, book your rooms now, you have until March 30th to get this rate.
    Last edited by Team Cook; 03/20/2012 at 03:03 PM.

Images
    Chingy!!! Big Beefy Pokemanz!! Just for you Tiny!

Proud Dad of Oliver and Kait Fish!!
    Do your Deck List BEFORE the Tournament HERE!!
    Have you checked out the Card of the Day??

Quote Originally Posted by Da' Fish View Post
    Chingy!!! Big Beefy Pokemanz!! Just for you Tiny!
    am i doin it right?
    Applejack is best pony.

Images
    Vendor Information for Houston Regionals:

Troll and Toad - Buying in bulk, buying and selling singles, selling other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday only)

Strikezone - Buying and selling singles and selling other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday and possibly Sunday)

Space Cadet Collections - Selling singles and other Pokemon stuff. (Saturday and Sunday)

Possibly two more vendors coming in, we'll let you know if added.

Stuff - Booster packs, theme decks, plushies, all kinds of Pokemon stuff. I would assume each vendor will have something different from the others.

Vendors will be open at 8:00 am - 8:30 am and can shut down anytime after swiss rounds, it's up to them. We have no say with how they buy or sell, you will need to contact them if you have questions. All vendors will have Pokemon related items only, other than the generic sleeves, deck boxes, and play mats.

Images
    Hey guys! I just got off the phone with the hotel (after receiving calls from some of you). We've added more rooms to the block, and I made sure they added more of the Standard 2Q (2 Queens).

Please keep in mind that although the special rate is good through the end of the month (March 30th deadline), we are very much limited by the hotel inventory. Most of the rooms booked in our block are for the 2Q rooms, and they don't have a lot of those left. And when they're gone, they're gone. It doesn't matter if we still have a week to go until the deadline.

:)

Mia Cook
    Psyco Pedestrian's biggest fan!

Images
    VERY IMPORTANT!

It has come to our attention that some of the families or players that booked at the Hilton Houston North are not coming up under our room block. If you booked a room at the hotel, please let me know. Simply send me a private message on here or email me at houstonpokemon@aol.com. All I need is the name the room or rooms are booked under.

Remember, every name on the list is put in a raffle for a sealed box of Next Destinies and yes, your name goes in for each night booked. I would hate to see you miss out because your name wasn't on the list, so don't get left out.

Friday night side events and extra weekend contest will be posted soon, just wrapping up some loose ends.

Looking for non judging Staff. We'd like a couple more runners and a couple of non playing parents to help out with other tasks. Staff only during Swiss Rounds on Saturday and Sunday. Shoot me a pm on here or email me at houstonpokemon@aol.com if you would like to help out and earn some super duper Next Destinies packs for the kiddos.

Last edited by Team Cook; 03/26/2012 at 05:01 PM.

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrataxe View Post
    Do do envy you, traveling from state to state judging.
    Enjoying the traveling and the opportunity to make new friends, see old friends and work with different people this year.

Done it the last 2 years and I have really had a blast.
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

I'm thinking about flying in from up here in ohio! :)

I've seen several airport locations, would Bush be my best bet as far as landing close tot he venue?

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bush would be the best bet as there is a free shuttle from Bush to the hotel the event is at.
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Mew View Post
    I'm thinking about flying in from up here in ohio! :)

I've seen several airport locations, would Bush be my best bet as far as landing close tot he venue?
    Bush IAH is 15 minutes away from the hotel and the hotel offers FREE shuttle every 30 minutes to the airport. You do NOT want to fly into Hobby airport, it's across town and there is no hotel or airport shuttle to our Hilton.

Thank you both! Very helpful :)

Are there any airlines you would suggest, I'm on a smaller budget so whatever you know that's quick and easy

I'll see y'all down in Houston in a couple weeks!
    "Tail Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Austino View Post
    I'll see y'all down in Houston in a couple weeks!
    Oklahoma is always welcome down here in Houston.

Cant wait for this :D
    Team Underground
    Formerly Espeonchris14

Count me in as attending.
    Team Bieber-Side
    Check out the Only Uncensored Pokemon Weekly Web Show
    On the Bubble

It's confirmed I'll be coming in from ohio!!! :)

Anyone know how well Cab Services run there. I need to find a ride from the airport back to my hotel, I'm not staying at the venue sadly :/

Images
    Contest and Activities:

This is for tournament players only.

Saturday & Sunday - All players (TCG and VGC) will receive a ticket for the PokeRaffles. Prizes include Pokemon items and gift certificates.

Saturday & Sunday - Pokemon Spirit - Show your Pokemon spirit and wear your Pokemon shirt to get an extra raffle ticket. This is for shirts ONLY. Undershirts, Hats, pants, socks, underwear, etc do not count.

Saturday -- Custom Pokemon T-Shirt contest - Take a plain t-shirt and turn it into something spectacular. Must be Pokemon or Pokemon related, of course. Yes, custom shirts will count for the Pokemon Spirit. Winner gets a prize!

Saturday -- Create-A-Card Contest - Get creative and design your own Pokemon card. Must be FUNNY! Funny attacks, Powers, Bodies, Abilities, etc. We want funny cards. Winners get prizes!

Sunday -- Drawing Contest -- Get creative and draw your own version of a Pokemon. Winners get prizes!

Saturday & Sunday - Coloring Corner -- not just for the kids, but just for fun!

Saturday - Bring-A-Friend - Introduce Pokemon TCG to a new player! Bring a new player (never been issued a player id) to play in the tournament. You and your friend will each receive a Pokemon poster.

Saturday - Giant PokeBall - We have three GIANT PokeBalls (one for each division). Guess what Pokemon is in them. Winner gets a prize!

Saturday - PokeBall Grab - For Juniors and Seniors only. After Swiss rounds, Juniors and Seniors will get to pick a PokeBall from our PokeBall Grab. Whatever is in the PokeBall is theirs to keep! Everyone's a winner! There's a prize in every PokeBall!

Saturday & Sunday - Pokemon Cosplay - Masters only - Dress up as your favorite Pokemon. Winner gets two tickets to the 2013 Anime Matsuri in the Houston Area.

Stay tuned... We may be adding some more!
    Last edited by Team Cook; 03/30/2012 at 10:58 AM.

Images
    We just added more rooms to the Pokemon block at the Hilton!

Mia Cook
    Psyco Pedestrian's biggest fan!

Images
    Friday night happenings TCG (April 13):

Open play - 6:30 - 11:00 in the ballroom and as long as you want in the atrium.

League play - 6:30 - 9:00 in the ballroom. Earn league badges, promo cards, and pins.

Stage 2 tournament (FREE) - 6:30 - 7:00 registration / 7:15 start. ONLY Stage 2 Pokemon can be played, yes they'll be your basic Pokemon. Modified format, 60 cards, 30 minute + 3 turns, double elimination (lose twice you're out), top 2 win prizes.

Friday night happenings Video Game (April 13):

Open play - 6:30 - 11:00 in the ballroom and as long as you want in atrium.

League play - 6:30 - 9:00 in the ballroom. Earn league badges, promo cards, and pins.

VG tournament - FREE / Top 2 win a prize

Single Battle style, with up to 6 Pokemon each. (One per player out at a time)
    Black & White DS games only / Connect with their opponents via the C-gear
    Double elimination (lose twice, you're out) / 15 minute Rounds.
    The same Pokémon and Item restrictions as the video game championships apply.
    Players must use the same Pokémon throughout the tournament. No changes can be made to the team.
    Up to 6 Pokémon should be placed either in the party or in the battle box prior to round one
    Last edited by Team Cook; 03/30/2012 at 06:10 PM.

omg. stage 2 tournament?!?!? sounds amazing. Modified as in the current legal sets?
    Applejack is best pony.

Images
    omg. stage 2 tournament?!?!? sounds amazing. Modified as in the current legal sets?
    Yes, current sets, just like what's allowed at Regionals.

Side note - MORE hotel rooms have been added for Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14

AND

We got the deadline date of March 30th moved to April 10th.

Got rooms? The heck with milk.

---------- Post added 03/31/2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

Regarding the Stage 2 tournament:

Yes, any Trainer or Supporter that allows you to search your deck or discard pile for Basic Pokemon will be allowed in play since all your Stage 2 Pokemon are considered Basic Pokemon.

No, you cannot play any Trainers or Supporters that allow you to search for evolved Pokemon since your Stage 2 Pokemon are now Basic Pokemon.

ONLY Stage 2 Pokemon in your deck.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast