Thread: PTCGO Code Scanner

Images

Cool PTCGO Code Scanner

Alright, so I finally got around to releasing the intitial version of my QR scanner application.

Many people have complained to me that trying to use their webcams for scanning QR codes (like those found on PTCGO cards) it never works. Typing in each code by hand can be horribly tiresome and time-consuming. So I wanted to make a small application that would allow someone to scan these codes with their phone, rather than a webcam.

Since there's not a way to directly input these codes after you've scanned them, I made it so you can email them to yourself. This way you can copy and paste them into whatever you need them for. Much faster than typing them in by hand.

You can find the application here.

I may be able to make an iOS version as well, but for now it's just Android. Anyway, hope this helps people, especially with a new set coming out and everyone opening up packs.

Member Services Administrator EeveeLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any chance of a Windows Phone app?
    Wayne Cunningham

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (HJ), '13 US Nats Judge
    '06, '08, '09 Worlds Staff / '10, '11, '12, '13 Worlds Judge
    League Owner / League Leader / Tournament Organizer / Professor / Judge

Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EeveeLover View Post
    Any chance of a Windows Phone app?
    Probably not, as I've never done windows phone development, but I may look into it.
    Posted with Mobile style...

Here is a link to a free QR code reader app for the iphone that I use and it works great...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qr-re...ign-mpt=uo%3D2
    =!=!=!=!=!=!=!=!=!=
    z3R0w1ng

All your basics are belong to us...

Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWing View Post
    Here is a link to a free QR code reader app for the iphone that I use and it works great...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qr-re...ign-mpt=uo%3D2
    Does it allow rapid scanning and save them all so you can copy and paste them into the PTCGO site later?

That's why I built this Android application and was thinking about making an iOS version if one didn't exist. With the Android app you can scan a code every second right in a row and then after you're done scanning email then all to yourself. 60 codes in a minute is pretty fast.

But let me know if that's what your linked app does, that way I won't have to code my own. :)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Does it allow rapid scanning and save them all so you can copy and paste them into the PTCGO site later?

That's why I built this Android application and was thinking about making an iOS version if one didn't exist. With the Android app you can scan a code every second right in a row and then after you're done scanning email then all to yourself. 60 codes in a minute is pretty fast.

But let me know if that's what your linked app does, that way I won't have to code my own. :)
    The barcode scanner i use on Android has this option, but don't let that stop you from writing your own. Especially as the niche "mass scanner." I'm sure there are uses outside of TCGO codes for something that is the best mass scanner in town.
    -Have Fun!
    Dylan "ExoByte" Mayo
    TPCi, R&D
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPoke
    [the quick brown fox jumps over the 17 character dog]

Images
    Added 5 star review <3

Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post
    The barcode scanner i use on Android has this option, but don't let that stop you from writing your own. Especially as the niche "mass scanner." I'm sure there are uses outside of TCGO codes for something that is the best mass scanner in town.
    Oh yeah, this can be used for anything (even standard "line" barcodes).

If there was an API for Pokemon's Online trading card game program I could hook this up directly with a pokemon.com account and then you wouldn't have to email them to yourself as they could automatically be redeemed as soon as you scan them.

Just an idea. ;)

wow, thanks.........

Images
    I use an app called Qrafter on my ipad that lets me batch scan, then i send my history to my email, open the file in excel, copy out the cells in the column that has the codes in it, and then paste it all into Notepad, ready to copy and paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRolesWePlay View Post
    -First of all if you realize that your decklist is incorrect, or you forgot something, then alert the event staff.
    The event staff aren't horrible demons that will spit acid in your face for a slight mix-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post

It's not my app...just one I use and it works for me. Go ahead and code your own as I can assure you there is not an QR reader designed solely for the PTCGO...and I was in no way trying to suggest otherwise, just letting peeps out there know that there are options for the iPhone available now...

When you release your version I will be sure to check it out as I am sure it will be much better for PTCGO codes...happy coding.

And at 60 codes a minute, I am tempted to swap my Droid back in for a day or two to see how your app performs...although I don't think I could move fast enough to keep up...lol.
    =!=!=!=!=!=!=!=!=!=
    z3R0w1ng

All your basics are belong to us...