Thread: 2011-11-18 BWP27 Litwick

CotD Editor
    Forum Moderator
    Images

2011-11-18 BWP27 Litwick

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

2011-11-18 BWP27 Litwick
    Troll and Toad is NOT a Price Guide
    ☠ ☠ Trading Thread Sales Thread ☠ ☠
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Sorry, you don't have a right to be annoying.

Makes chandelure decks more viable, as well as giving the pokemon a card with actual nice art :D

7/10

Having 50 hp is the main detraction, but CFF is one of the best starting attacks an evolving basic could ask for, especially with NV Lampent. the whole line is solid.
    Top 8 at States, 3rd Regionals with Kicks from Brixton =D 2009
    2nd Regionals with DandyLions :D 2010
    Rec: 46-16 w/Vilegar (4 Cities TC, 2 Wins, 10th States, 4th Regs) =] 2011
    Top 8 with Gothitelle, Autumn Regionals :] 2011-2012 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shino Bug Master View Post
    7/10

Having 50 hp is the main detraction, but CFF is one of the best starting attacks an evolving basic could ask for, especially with NV Lampent. the whole line is solid.
    agreed also tyroge wont OHKO it they have to have a T1 zekrom or something (not likely) then they can just rare candy into chandelure and get that sweet poke power in there ^.^ 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by cabd View Post
    Once again proving that we competitive battlers/players are outclassed by the army of 7-year-olds of the world that go on pokemon.com after school.
    My Trade Thread

Have these come out yet? I was looking for them today. This is THE litwick to use in chandelure decks. 50hp is only drawback I see.
    Posted with Mobile style...

Blog Entries
    Images
    Today's CotD is Litwik from the BW promo series, which I actually find better than the mainset NV Litwik options (who are both just pure attackers). Statwise 50 HP is a bit below average for a Basic, x2 Weakness to is eh (still some Zoroark running around), no Resistance is common, and to Retreat is cheap. Call for Family is always nice to have as an opening attack for , being able to search your deck for a Basic to slap on your bench saves room with Collector in that you can then (likely) freely grab spare Basics with it to use for Communication later. Will-O-Wisp is pricey at for 20, but it still equals the basic damage output of other Litwiks if you really want to attack.

Modified - 3/10 (I dunno, Chandelure isn't going to be that big I think, but if it does somehow take off, I'd definitely run this Litwik over the other NV ones)
    Limited - 0/10 (Promo card unfortunately)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here, just an easy prize for your opponent)
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

No real drawbacks. A decent card for anyone using that line.

6/10
    Fresno, CA TO and LL. 2012-1213 Season: 220 Championship Points to date.

It is a basic with evolutions 50 hp doesn't seem so bad considering. It helps get basics out of your deck and on to the bench, but for someone who plays decks with very little energy in general that one energy cost seems a bit harsh. Especially since it will likely get KOed by Zekrom pretty quick in the current format. On the plus side, I like candles. =3

Wait, how is it that you get this promo?
    TOK-This is OUR year!

It and Axew BW26 are the blister pack promos for Noble Victories.