Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gliscor's fakes: Fourteen cards added (6/25)

Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post
    I like Swadloon's Ability a lot. Nice to see an evolving Stage 1 that is actually helping the Stage 2.

Brilliant art as usual . . . especially Swadloon.
    We really need more of that, since it helps Stage 2's in this format. And yeah, I really like Swadloon's artwork. The artist was nice enough to let me any of his pieces for some fakes.

Anyways, here's two more:

Cacnea
    Darkrai

OMG a Legendary Pokemon with less than 130 HP! But yeah, it'd be really cool to start with Darkrai.
    Last edited by Gliscor; 04/06/2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Signatures are so mainstream

I'm loving that Darkrai, with first turn rules being annoying as is he's a nice starter.
    TRADE LIST

4TH Place: Iowa States

I don't like Darkrai in the least. It hurts you no matter what. If you start with it and go first you can't play supporters. That makes first turn rules worse imo. If it affected just your opponent, and had a negative effect on Darkrai, that be better. For instance

If you start with Darkrai and your opponent goes first, they can't play any supporter cards. If your opponent doesn't play any supporter cards, Darkrai's "Shadow Grab's" attack does 30 less damage.
    Top 8 at States, 3rd Regionals with Kicks from Brixton =D 2009
    2nd Regionals with DandyLions :D 2010
    Rec: 46-16 w/Vilegar (4 Cities TC, 2 Wins, 10th States, 4th Regs) =] 2011
    Top 8 with Gothitelle, Autumn Regionals :] 2011-2012 season

I'm loving how this set is being formed. When it's done i offer myself to create a plugin for Lackey/RedShark and host a limited tournament based on it.

There are many 10/82's and two thirties in your list. Just thought I'd let you know.
    2013-2014 Season - Master Division
    70 Championship Points

Leavanny in Durant would make that sucker never die.
    Eviolite+Silk Shield+Sp. Metals=Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shino Bug Master View Post
    I don't like Darkrai in the least. It hurts you no matter what. If you start with it and go first you can't play supporters. That makes first turn rules worse imo. If it affected just your opponent, and had a negative effect on Darkrai, that be better. For instance

If you start with Darkrai and your opponent goes first, they can't play any supporter cards. If your opponent doesn't play any supporter cards, Darkrai's "Shadow Grab's" attack does 30 less damage.
    The behind Darkrai is to limit what each player can do on his or her first turn in order to balance out the game some more. By preventing the player going first from playing Supporters, the player won't have quite as fast of a setup, and the player going second won't have any easier donks. However, I did boost Darkrai a bit, giving it a Colorless attack cost and drawing three cards instead of two, so during your next turn you'd at least have some boost (although not nearly as good as drawing during your turn).

Quote Originally Posted by koltonsdragonite View Post
    There are many 10/82's and two thirties in your list. Just thought I'd let you know.
    So many thank yous for pointing this out. Neither me nor the person who did the set list for me caught this (yeah, we should've checked over it). I've fixed the set list, and I've also fixed the cards that were affected by the numbering mistake. Everything should be correctly numbered by now.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosboy18 View Post
    Leavanny in Durant would make that sucker never die.
    Eviolite+Silk Shield+Sp. Metals=Awesome.
    Well, if you're willing to tech Leavanny into Durant, then yes :P

Anyways, here's three more cards:

Sandshrew
    Swablu
    Ecruteak City

I know sincerely hope they make Ecruteak City a real card, artwork and all. That was just epic.

The Sandshrew and Swablu were also pretty neat. Great work, you guys.
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?184760-One-Who-Is-Raw-Looking-For-FA-Supporters-Have-Jamming-Net-Dowsing-Machine

Please make Ecruteak real. That might even make certain stage two pokemon worth it again.
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Keep up the great work!
    2011/2012 Top 16 Great Lakes Regional, 2nd Place Indiana States, 1 CC win, 2x CC 3rd/4th place, 1 BR win, 1 Br 3rd place, 1 Br 4th Place
    35th Place US Nats 2012 (8-1 in swiss)
    30 Championship Points

If Ecruteak City becomes real, we're going to have threads complaining about how that card is "broken" and "needs to be banned."

Overall, great cards and great art.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving certainly isn't for you.

Ecruteak City looks so real. This is the best sample of fan-made cards I've seen. Nice job!

Um Gliscor why isn't there a Kadabra in the set.Is it because the lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by mega trainer of love View Post
    Um Gliscor why isn't there a Kadabra in the set.Is it because the lawsuit?
    What Lawsuit? What happened?
    Thank you to Mike Boozer for announcing that The Error Raichu in Base set Exist. He was also nice enough to give a picture of it.
    Sealed Jungle and Base Set packs

From Bulbapedia

In November 2000, Uri Geller, a psychic who claims to be able to bend spoons, tried to sue Nintendo for Ł60 million (the equivalent of US $100 million), claiming that Kadabra, known as Yungerer in Japan, was an unauthorized parody of himself. Besides Kadabra's use of bent spoons to enhance its Psychic powers, the katakana for its name, ユンゲラー, is visually similar to the transliteration of his own name into Japanese (ユリゲラー).

He also claimed that Kadabra was anti-Semitic in nature, with the star on its forehead and lightning bolts resembling the logo of the Nazi SS. He is quoted as saying: "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character. Nintendo stole my identity by using my name and my signature image."

The lawsuit was thrown out of court. Despite this, there has not been a Kadabra card in the Trading Card Game since Skyridge in 2003 and Kadabra has not appeared in the Pokémon anime since Fear Factor Phony, perhaps as a precaution against Geller's history of lawsuits. Abra and Alakazam cards, have continued to be printed, despite the fact that this makes it impossible to play an Alakazam card in matches that prevent the use of old cards without a card that specifically allows the play of evolved Pokémon.
    So basically it looks like Pokemon thinks that printing a Kadabra could be more trouble than it's worth.
    Read my article on Blastoise/Keldeo please
    UK National Seniors Champion '10 || Worlds Competitor '08, 09, '10, '11
    Worlds 2012 Top 32 Masters Division
    YOU/USEDTO_B E A_LRIGHT_AT/POKE_MON WHAT /HA_PPENED

Shouldn't they then print more Abra's with the Ability to evolve straight into Alakazam?

Or make more Alakazam GL types?
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?184760-One-Who-Is-Raw-Looking-For-FA-Supporters-Have-Jamming-Net-Dowsing-Machine

Skarmory's Sturdy is messed up... it doesn't specify that it has to be at full HP, it just says if it would be KO'd.
    One 'Chu to rule them all.... FEAR THE PIKA
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    And don't blame DJ. He's doing his job.
    Heck, I gave myself an infraction once...
    SoulSilver FC: 2450-6936-9103

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeplayer101 View Post
    What Lawsuit? What happened?
    As baby mario pointed out, there was a lawsuit involving Uri Geller that made TPCi decide to stop print any Kadabra (if you look back, the last Kadabra printed in Skyridge (correct me if I'm wrong), which was about ten years ago.

To keep the fake set realistic, I decided to cut Kadabra from the set, but still have a way to get out Alakazam easily.

In other words, I didn't get into any lawsuit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pikamaster View Post
    Skarmory's Sturdy is messed up... it doesn't specify that it has to be at full HP, it just says if it would be KO'd.
    Woops, thanks for that. I'll be correcting Skarmory.

To everyone else, thanks for the comments. Out of businesses, I haven't been able to update as much. So, I decided to do a four card update:

Celebi
    Absol
    Magneton
    Call Energy

Celebi is an obvious BTS. While I could've made a BTS reprint as another Stadium, I figured to use Celebi since it is searchable, which could really help Stage 1's and Stage 2's in a Basic/Catcher happy format. It does take up Bench space, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives here.

Absol is supposed to deal with the Lost Zone mechanic, which, as I said earlier, is a really underdone mechanic.

Magneton is a Stage 1-helping card for the Magnezone evolution line. Nothing special.

Call Energy is an obvious reprint. I tried to imitate the style used for Prism Energy, but I couldn't get the glass, metallic look to it. The blank is also very low quality: I had to edit a Prism Energy scanned to my computer. I will most likely comeback and redo Call Energy's blank in the future.

Call Energy looks pretty sweet to me and I wish Japan would make a Pokemon with the BTS Ability. Cool cards all around.

I think the Celebi is a little too good. It's a search able BTS. Maybe have it be a once-per-turn thing? Or make it Celebi EX, so it's a bigger risk to leave out.
    Judge - US Nationals '11, '12, '14, World Championships '13, '14
    Head Judge - US Nationals '13

Well it doesn't say that you can evolve it the turn you evolve it, so it's not exactly BTS.
    Posted with Mobile style...

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor View Post
    As baby mario pointed out, there was a lawsuit involving Uri Geller that made TPCi decide to stop print any Kadabra (if you look back, the last Kadabra printed in Skyridge (correct me if I'm wrong), which was about ten years ago.

To keep the fake set realistic, I decided to cut Kadabra from the set, but still have a way to get out Alakazam easily.
    A shame that; as I would've loved to have seen what Kadabra would've looked like on a Black and White card.
    Girafarig-chan
    Pokefan

Quote Originally Posted by broncosboy18 View Post
    Well it doesn't say that you can evolve it the turn you evolve it, so it's not exactly BTS.
    The evolution comes into play that turn. Ergo, you can evolve it again.
    Judge - US Nationals '11, '12, '14, World Championships '13, '14
    Head Judge - US Nationals '13

Seadra
    Latias

Seadra and Latias have been added to the first post. Latias is kinda like the Celebi Prime for Dragon types (and yes, I'll be using Dragon Energy on the Dragon Pokemon), and is mainly for the Dragon types. Seadra is your everyday Stage 1.

I've also fixed Skarmory, and I've toned down Celebi some (which can be seen on the first post). Celebi now only works on Basic Pokemon, so a Rare Candy would have to be played to get from the Basic straight to the Stage 2 with Celebi in play.

The last thing is that I'm looking for ideas for a new mechanic in the TCG (like Lv.X, LEGEND, EX, SP, Delta, etc). I'm having trouble thinking of one that isn't overly powerful, but enough for it to be worthwhile. Any ideas?

Pokemon Duos we're always a cool thought to me, just pick two related Pokemon and make it like a legend, I.e. Butterfree and Beedrill DUO.
    Or, try making up a new Special Condition, type, or something along those lines.

Just some thoughts. :)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast