Thread: Dissapointing tournament page

Angry Dissapointing tournament page

Well, today is the first day that the Tournament Link was active for op.pokemon-tcg.com and I've got so say I'm very discouraged by the results.

From what they're saying, they want small local tournaments and not the big assemblies. I've been in 2 already, and granted they are challenging, but it doesn't have the air of a professional tournament.

Since they were working on it for so long I'd figured they'd at least have a POP Tour starting up like the STS tours of years passed. I'm really saddened by this.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a big Tourney Tour at any time?

Keep in mind, the Sanctioned Tournament side of POP just started off today. Also, its ment for local small tournaments. All info about large scale Tournaments is found in the Premier Tournament section.

There are lots of Premeir Tournaments going on, the next of which will be the EX: Dragon Pre-release in November.
    Member of Team LA | LA Otaku Editor and Chief | Worlds Staff 2009-2011

Support Child's Play Charity | LA Otaku Official Web Site | Play! Pokémon SoCal Facebook Group

Quote Originally Posted by Cooltrainer Aaron
    Well, today is the first day that the Tournament Link was active for op.pokemon-tcg.com and I've got so say I'm very discouraged by the results.

From what they're saying, they want small local tournaments and not the big assemblies.
    That tournament page is just for the local tournament that are run by TOs in the area. These are ones that you can run and such. Prizes are supplied by you or the local store, which ever you work out. The only size limit that you have is that you have to have a least 8 players to sanction it. But you can have as many more as you can handle after that.

The larger tournaments that you are talking about are found at another part of the web site and are not run by the regular TOs, these tournaments area run by the PTOs. These are tournaments like the Dragon Prerelease in November that Nintendo is supporting with prizes and such, and have asked the PTO to run for them since they can no be everywhere at once.

Hope this helps you.
    GLB
    Pikachu, Raichu was your father till he turned to the dark side and became Dark Raichu. So you see from a certain point a view your father is no longer alive.--GLB, explaining a ruling, by analogy

"I'm Toby the Red Shirt, you need a Red Shirt guy."--Robot Chicken

and yet there are no league locations in my area at all. I'd create one, but I'm still a year underage.

Blog Entries
    Yes please consider as if we are starting to play a whole new TCG. When I talked to MTM about Neopets, he said that it would take up to six months or more before even premeire tournaments could be started for it, mainly because WotC needed to see what interest there would be for the game. So like WotC, Nintendo needs time to carefully plan these events for us. We might start to see the Gym Ladder by this winter but don't go expecting any big events like City or State Championships or the Challenge Series to even start until 2004. I think we are off to a great start as it is.
    ~Myst - Provider of chaos to rules and procedures in organized play communities since 2002. (^^)v
    Pokemon Fan Fiction - "Closed Heart" Read it today only on the PokeGym
    Rocky Mountain Pokemon community - (Facebook) - (YouTube)

Myst though I agree with the second half of your post the first half makes no sense whatsoever. PUI already KNOW that there is a strong demand out there for OP: its nothing like the position with a brand new tcg like Neopets.

CoolTrainer.. even us foreigners think its a little early to expect much on the Tournament pages. Like GLB I believe that the primary focus of the listings will be for the smaller sanctioned stuff rather than premiere events. The Premiere stuff will get a much bigger billing elsewhere on the site.

I'm certain that the tournaments and ladders will start up though obviously I don't know when. Actually I'm only certain that they will start up in the USA :( So yes I do think PUI are off to a good start in the USA.