Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Mewtwo EX pull

  1. #26
    gallade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    5,737
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholsandDimes View Post
    ....... I don't think your math is right.
    I don't understand why z-man liked this when he can't count xD
    Posted with Mobile style...
    I'm donezies.

  2. #27
    I will try to get a booster box of Next Destinies if that was real. The Black & White sets increase deck ideas more and more with each set it seems.

  3. #28
    I expect that there will be 5-6 regular EX's per box as well as 2 full arts. There are 8 Regular EX's (Reshi, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Gigas, Groudon, Shaymin, kyurem) and 6 Full art versions (kyurem, mewtwo, gigas, kyogre, groudon, shaymin). Based on that info, I can come to this conclusion:

    There is about a 1/2 chance of getting a regular mewtwo EX in a box
    There is a 1/3 chance of getting a full art mewtwo EX in a box.

    There is about a 1/6 chance that you'll get both a full arm mewtwo and a regular mewtwo
    There is a 1/6 chance that you'll hit neither
    There is about a 2/3 chance that you'll receive at least one of them

    Both Reshiram and Zekrom EX are good as well, so chances are you'll pull one of them too. So, at least in my opinion, paying an extra $30 for a booster box pre-order on T&T is a better choice than paying $60 for 1 mewtwo. I was considering ordering a playset of Mewtwo EX's when they were $25 pre-order, but there is no way it is worth $60.
    Jason A.
    New York State Champion 2011
    Top 8 NorthEast Regionals 2011, Top 8 Fall NorthEast Regionals 2012
    Top 64 Nationals 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    They are talking like a bunch of scrubs.

  4. #29
    Forum Moderator vaporeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    5,034
    Images
    78
    ^ I wish I can thank that post 1000 times.
    Times like this make you wish you had Energy Switch.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by GodBlessAmerica View Post
    Both Reshiram and Zekrom EX are good as well, so chances are you'll pull one of them too.
    All three of the EX Dragons are also getting tin promos, so they'll probably only cost a buck or two anyway.

    I've heard Shaymin has been seeing a bit of play in Japan, too.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholsandDimes View Post
    why the extra box I don't get a bigger discount......
    Because I have heard (heard; would like some confirmation or correction for this if possible) that cases, like boxes, do happen to have a certain arrangement of cards (like the Noble Victories thing where the prerelease full-arts were in the same place, holos in the same place, etc). What retailers may try to do is figure out the pattern and cherrypick the ones they expect to have more of a certain card (read: Mewtwo EX) and sell off the other boxes.
    Trade Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Trican View Post
    Freeman: Harrison promotes the Mewtwo...
    Cantor: AND HE X BALLS FOR THE KOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Freeman: And with that Harrison is now able to draw two prizes

  7. #32
    gallade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    5,737
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GodBlessAmerica View Post
    I expect that there will be 5-6 regular EX's per box as well as 2 full arts. There are 8 Regular EX's (Reshi, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Gigas, Groudon, Shaymin, kyurem) and 6 Full art versions (kyurem, mewtwo, gigas, kyogre, groudon, shaymin). Based on that info, I can come to this conclusion:

    There is about a 1/2 chance of getting a regular mewtwo EX in a box
    There is a 1/3 chance of getting a full art mewtwo EX in a box.

    There is about a 1/6 chance that you'll get both a full arm mewtwo and a regular mewtwo
    There is a 1/6 chance that you'll hit neither
    There is about a 2/3 chance that you'll receive at least one of them

    Both Reshiram and Zekrom EX are good as well, so chances are you'll pull one of them too. So, at least in my opinion, paying an extra $30 for a booster box pre-order on T&T is a better choice than paying $60 for 1 mewtwo. I was considering ordering a playset of Mewtwo EX's when they were $25 pre-order, but there is no way it is worth $60.
    I agree for the most part, but you have a 5/6 chance of getting at least one of them, not a 2/3 chance.
    I'm donezies.

  8. #33
    As king piplup will tell you I'm not so great at math but my prediction is

    Reg exs like prime 5-6 per box
    Fa exs like legends or fa's 1-3 per box
    Shiny like secret rare pika 0-1 per box
    Posted with Mobile style...
    Top 32 Pokemon National Championships 2013
    Ohio States Top 4 2013
    Michigan States Top 4 2013
    Top 64 Pokemon National Championships 2012

  9. #34
    Luxray was $90 at its peak.

    Mewtwo EX will be better and more widely used than Luxray, in all likelihood. It will also be easier to get. It could conceivably even out.
    TRADES UPDATED 7-26-13 CML! Also, check out my eBay auctions!
    T8 HTPC '12 T32 Nats '11 3rd Regs '12
    Help Bulbapedia expand its articles on Pokémon TCG strategy and deck archetypes, past and present!
    2012-2013 season: 4-87, 3 Championship Points, 1435.95

  10. #35
    Honestly, I don't think they are going to put 5 or 6 EX cards in every box. I would guess 2 full arts and maybe 4 EX cards. Just a guess.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory Bell View Post
    I don't know if you're serious or not but if the price doesn't hold (Darkrai Lv. X anyone?) then you'll regret it...

    Don't buy the Mewtwos up front at this price either but 5 boxes seems excessive.
    omg dont be like me and spend 80 bucks on darkrai x when it first comes out lol

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Luxray was $90 at its peak.
    Actually its peak was at Nationals and some people were paying as much as $150 for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by luxraygarchomp View Post
    omg dont be like me and spend 80 bucks on darkrai x when it first comes out lol
    Or like me and offer someone $100 cash for one and then have him say no. And then the guy trades me it for my tin Lucario Lv.X and Magmortar Lv.X instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by raichuforyou View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they are going to put 5 or 6 EX cards in every box. I would guess 2 full arts and maybe 4 EX cards. Just a guess.
    They counted as a regular holo in Japanese packs. If someone wants to do some theorymon with that and approximately how many holo rares we'll get then that might help. Assuming we get roughly the same EX ratio as Japan anyway.
    LO of one League and LL of another. And my Judging history is:
    Floor Judge at 4 Regionals, HJ at 2 States (Both Seniors), Floor Judge at 4 States, HJ at 12 City Championships. Floor Judge at 3 City Championships.
    HJ at 14 Battle Roads HJ at 40 Pre-Releases. Staff at the 2008 California VGC Showdown Qualifier
    I also currently have 224 Lv.Xs, 39 Legend pieces, 57 Primes, 69 non-EX FA's, 57 EXs and 73 FA EXs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •