Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf xvi the rise of team plasma: Town wins

@cabd: was that thing about pokemon trainers serious, or are you claiming to be one?
    Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJon View Post
    Curse you TPIC *gets banned*
    The Turkish Petroleum International Company will probably be really angry with you, yes.

Especially as they have nothing to do with any of this.

A fool Diaz acts as. Did the same in previous games he's done. Perhaps nothing to worry about, perhaps something to notice.
    Team M ~We will remember~........OH GOD!! I AM IN CONTROL of the "BORED LOCKDOWN!" ........Metanite:R.I.P.
    Proud Texas Aggie Class of '13 and Proud Member of the U.S. Army
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Absoltrainer FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGigabyte View Post
    Absoltainer wins one internetz! ||| MOST AMAZINGLY EPIC POST ON POKEGYM EVER

^Exactly...

Well, somewhat active Day 1 thusfar, I for one will be leaving 6AM Friday to drive to Madison, so I will be somewhat inactive possibly until Monday.

:D ill be in madison too
    Posted with Mobile style...
    2nd place IL States 2012 with Terrakion/Landorus WITHOUT OWNING EXES
    3rd place St. Louis Regionals 2011 with Tyrannitar
    52 Champ Points 2011-2012, #57 NA in Seniors
    Poke-Depression :(

{254}

Quote Originally Posted by Scottistru View Post
    @cabd: was that thing about pokemon trainers serious, or are you claiming to be one?
    A/AM confirmed both Ultimatedra and cabd to be trainers (assuming Pokémon Trainers) in the "Challenge!" mid-day update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine/Arbok Master View Post
    Cabd reached for his pockets while Ultimatedra mirrored his action, both now facing the opposing trainer and not daring look away.
    ~~~~~

This, I think, would also be a good time to call out a few players. King Piplup, Redados1(?), Darthpika: You've all posted saying you're going to be inactive for a while, but nothing else of worth. Why not contribute now, if you'll be unable to contribute later?

~Akane
    ~that one loli
    Oh look, the Lati twins.

cabd and Ulimatedra both being Trainers sounds accurate. Ultimatedra being one that is always eager to challenge other Trainers (maybe has to do this once per day for his role?)

Diaz and his YouTube videos and speech impediment . . . if previous games are anything to go by, he could just be doing it to stir things up and they may have no relevance whatsoever. Undecided on that one.

Regionals isn't until the weekend so I should think that the players attending should be able to post something before then (as well as their inactivity post). As for Darthpika, I have no idea why anyone would sign up for this game if they knew they would be unlikely to contribute much for THREE WEEKS. That kind of messes things up.
    Read my article on Blastoise/Keldeo please
    UK National Seniors Champion '10 || Worlds Competitor '08, 09, '10, '11
    Worlds 2012 Top 32 Masters Division
    YOU/USEDTO_B E A_LRIGHT_AT/POKE_MON WHAT /HA_PPENED

The challenge seems to have been legitimate. It is certainly an interesting mechanic, one that I am not familiar with. In the last games modded by Absoltrainer, trainer-type roles were present but they functioned very differently from this. This is certainly an interesting twist to the role.

Diaz' antics are pretty crazy, but when are they not? The videos are not linked in anyway, which is confusing (aside from them all being songs, I guess) and his substitution of "f" for "ph" is more confusing still. It doesn't seem like a role, or in any case it is not one I have ever seen before. Diaz could totally be making it up or it is completly legitimate. There would be no way of knowing. Interestingly enough, while the video appears to be mandatory, the substitution does not seem to be unless he used a word that contains an "f". Only time will tell whether his speech impediment is legitimate or not.
    "You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me.
    Because that's what needs to happen.
    Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.
    Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."
    -- The Dark Knight

Diaz could be faking both the videos and the "ph" thing, or they could be legitimate. But it also could be that one of them is fake, and the other real. I think this is a more likely scenario than the other possibility's.

Eventually we should be able to tell if he's faking the "ph" thing though. If it is fake, then he can only mess up on it once. If he does it twice, and there isn't a public warning, then everyone will know its a fake. Either way though, he is creating discussion, so at least he's helping the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    DarthPika... All you need is like what, 10 mins to read the thread and spam it per day. That's how I roll :D
    Well... yes... I can probably do that, but I usually like to put a bit more thought into my posts. lol
    I <3
    1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione 3,7-dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Is 11:59 pm on 4/15 Pacific time?

My initial reaction to Diaz's speech role is that he could be faking it. It goes along with his playful "shooting". Then again, I could easily change my opinion if there is evidence to support it is legit.

let's see here...

Diaz keeps posting videos, and has his "ph/f" speech impediment...

Ultimatedra challenged cabd with no result...

that just about sums it up I guess.

not that much going on. If Diaz's impediment is legit, I don't know what it might be telling us at this early point in the game. It seems that nothing much will happen until the night update, so I guess we just wait for that to see what's going on a little more clearly.

{261}

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPika View Post
    Well... yes... I can probably do that, but I usually like to put a bit more thought into my posts. lol
    ...really, DP? After being called out twice, you post another filler? You're claiming that you like to put thoughts into your posts, but your two posts so far have been lazy and just generally not game-related.
    There's a lot to discuss - the authenticy and meaning of Diaz's speech impediments and his other antics, the Challenge mechanic, role clues in A/AM's posts - and you choose to post about liking to put effort into your posts (which you are clearly not) and the fact that you're going to be away for three weeks (!).
    To reiterate: if you won't be able to contribute later, why not contribute now?

~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Diaz View Post
    Uh-oh. Looks like ult isn't phaking on this one. Cabd, you've got a decision to make.

Shoot Barkjon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTt9k4Y-a8&feature=related
    Ridiculous Akane theory time!
    As you can see in this Diaz quote, his video link contains an "f". Not sure how strict A/AM would be with that speech impediment (assuming it's real), but assuming A/AM wouldn't let Diaz use ANY "f"s, I'm betting he's faking at least one of his speech impeds.
    ~that one loli
    Oh look, the Lati twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    {261}

...really, DP? After being called out twice, you post another filler? You're claiming that you like to put thoughts into your posts, but your two posts so far have been lazy and just generally not game-related.
    There's a lot to discuss - the authenticy and meaning of Diaz's speech impediments and his other antics, the Challenge mechanic, role clues in A/AM's posts - and you choose to post about liking to put effort into your posts (which you are clearly not) and the fact that you're going to be away for three weeks (!).
    To reiterate: if you won't be able to contribute later, why not contribute now?

~~~~~

Ridiculous Akane theory time!
    As you can see in this Diaz quote, his video link contains an "f". Not sure how strict A/AM would be with that speech impediment (assuming it's real), but assuming A/AM wouldn't let Diaz use ANY "f"s, I'm betting he's faking at least one of his speech impeds.
    Wow Akane, gotta say, I am liking your posts. I agree with your point about DarthPika, I will advocate however that at this point there isn't much one can say about the current proceedings, but nonetheless you do have a point and I do agree the content of DP's posts so far has been lacking.

Also, nice find on Diaz's speech impediment! There's definitely something "phishy" about Diaz's speech impediment, I am beginning to believe he's making at least one part of it up. Whether that's worth anything, I don't know. Many town-aligned players (like z-man in previous games) for whatever reason don speech impediments, either to give a hint about their character or for reasons that are entirely personal to them and not at all apparently obvious.
    "You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me.
    Because that's what needs to happen.
    Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.
    Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."
    -- The Dark Knight

I have a Spanish test today
    I have the other half of the Spanish test tomorrow along with a math test
    I have a Health test on Friday
    I have Regionals over the weekend
    I have a Biology test on Monday

Hopefully after that I'll be able to post more than filler.
    2nd place IL States 2012 with Terrakion/Landorus WITHOUT OWNING EXES
    3rd place St. Louis Regionals 2011 with Tyrannitar
    52 Champ Points 2011-2012, #57 NA in Seniors
    Poke-Depression :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuyMEbkuaM
    Unvote PMysterious
    Vote Redados1

Phrom now on I'm voting for anyone who says they are going to be away. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    3rd Worlds '10

{265}

Unvote PMysterious
    Vote Redados1

Phrom now on I'm voting for anyone who says they are going to be away. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    Okay, if A/AM doesn't publicly call out Diaz now, we have a fake speech imped basically confirmed. Videos becoming increasingly more random, I'm beginning to suspect Diaz doesn't have any legit speech impediments at all, minus the possibility that he's a singer of some kind and has to post a song in every post.
    ~that one loli
    Oh look, the Lati twins.

I have absolutely no idea what to think about Diaz's 'speech impediment'..... Nothing that hasn't been said before, I guess.
    I like the idea of Daffy being his role, though. Especially since I have been watching a lot of Looney Toons lately.

Now, I don't want to get myself voted off, and yet I want to create discussion.....

Vote:Absoltrainer

I just want to see what he is going to say for himself....I probably will retract the vote later.
    Jolteon Flareon Vaporeon
    Espeon Umbreon
    Glaceon Leafeon
    Eevee

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    {261}Ridiculous Akane theory time!
    If it is really is a speech impediment, I don't think AAM is going to be that strict. Seriously, forcing someone to switch out an "f" for a "ph" in a link to a song? I think that would be taking it to far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc
    Shame on you posting twice in a row, breaking the rules. You've played before, you know not to do that.
    Unless it only applies to an "f" at the beginning of a word, then Diaz has made a mistake here. I haven't noticed any other post that has an "f" that is not at the beginning of the word, so I'm not sure if this is a mistake, or just not a required substitution to make.

If it is a mistake, and a real speech impediment, then he should be getting a public warning for this post.

Unvote PMysterious
    Vote Redados1

If he doesn't get a public warning, then its probably fake.

Akane ~ Good catch with Diaz's impediment.

Or, he only is required to do that replacement once per post.
    In related news I don't think that A/AM would be that strict that he'd require Diaz to change a video's link just to align with a speech impediment, but it is still good info to have.

@ All
    You guys are all throwing so much information about your roles out it's been kind of weird.

This isn't XV. Its the beginning of the game.

I'd be interested in hearing what the green recruits have to say. I don't think we've heard from any of them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shino Bug Master
    Yo dawg, i'm happy for you, and i'mma let you Finnish, but I just gotta say, The US has the best joke decks ever.
    Yes, this is the best post ever. | Team Rogue | My Anime List
    Pre-XVII Metagame Analysis | Comprehensive Werewolf Compendium! | My Werewolf Farewell

Quote Originally Posted by cabd View Post

I guess that marks us both as pokemon trainers… I wonder if there’s any non-trainers in the game?

I don’t suppose the dude with the curly brown hair would like to comment?
    In light of adding to conversation, I can confirm that there are non-trainers in the game (at least one).

Quote Originally Posted by JewelQuest View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what to think about Diaz's 'speech impediment'..... Nothing that hasn't been said before, I guess.
    I like the idea of Daffy being his role, though. Especially since I have been watching a lot of Looney Toons lately.

Now, I don't want to get myself voted off, and yet I want to create discussion.....

Vote:Absoltrainer

I just want to see what he is going to say for himself....I probably will retract the vote later.
    I don't agree with this vote.
    Team M ~We will remember~........OH GOD!! I AM IN CONTROL of the "BORED LOCKDOWN!" ........Metanite:R.I.P.
    Proud Texas Aggie Class of '13 and Proud Member of the U.S. Army
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Absoltrainer FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGigabyte View Post
    Absoltainer wins one internetz! ||| MOST AMAZINGLY EPIC POST ON POKEGYM EVER

Players in Green have posted at least once.
    Players in Orange are self-claimed inactive
    Players in Red have yet to post today.

1. Diaz
    2. DragonClyne725
    3. Barkjon
    4. Jason
    5. Benzo
    6. jpulice
    7. Cabd
    8. AbsolTrainer

9. Baby Mario
    10. Pokemonfreak5
    11. Akane
    12. Scottistru
    13. Sandslash7
    14. KingPiplup
    15. Jellyisher
    16. PikaMaster
    17. AlmightyGoldenGarchomp
    18. TheKing
    19. Dave628
    20. PokeChampOfPokeBeach

21. Cantor
    22. Redados1
    23. DarthPika
    24. JewelQuest
    25. Ultimatedra
    26. ProHawk
    27. OrcMonkey2000
    28. PMysterious
    29. Lil_Magma
    30. Desufnoc
    31. Sdrawkcab

If you name is in red; we'd love to hear from you. If we end up inactive lynching, like the opening plays of WW XV; it'd be best to keep yourself off that chopping block, no?
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Quote Originally Posted by Absoltrainer View Post
    I don't agree with this vote.
    Lol, I didn't expect you to.
    Jolteon Flareon Vaporeon
    Espeon Umbreon
    Glaceon Leafeon
    Eevee

Slight correction to my list. Scottistru should be in Green, he did post.
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Images
    Unvote PMysterious
    Vote Redados1

Iph not voting phor Diaz's phor having his phony speach-role. We should dephinitely vote phor him phor having posted that last song.

We have enough things to worry about don't we?
    ~Mike~

Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast