Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf xvi the rise of team plasma: Town wins

Images
    Posted towards PMysterious

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfisher View Post
    I doesn't seem like you want to lynch dave628 anymore. I can't say I'm surprised. As soon as I saw how much he was defending you, I knew that you wouldn't support lynching him.

So if you don't want to lynch dave628, then who do you think we should lynch?
    I've only been able to read up to this post right now, and wanted to record my thoughts before I forgot about it.

This seems very team aligned to me. Whether they're wolfs, in a mason group, brothers? If the town is leaning towards voting PM we might get some info on jellyfisher. Good or bad news we don't know, Like i said I just wanted to point it out.

Of course it could be nothing
    ~Mike~

Don't know if it's obvious from my vote, but I fully support a pcpb lynch at this point, for reasons already stated by myself and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJon View Post
    Curse you TPIC *gets banned*
    The Turkish Petroleum International Company will probably be really angry with you, yes.

Especially as they have nothing to do with any of this.

Images
    Day 1 is nothing but a crapshoot in the dark.

Due to that reason, I prefer not to do a vote yet unless there is an absolute majority.

For now, I see nothing totally fishy about anyone - even if those newcomers like PMysterious and Dave may make their own mistakes, and I do know veterans like Diaz and others often doing alot of bluffing and trolling which is a normal part of the game.

So yeah....

Forgive me if I do not have much to say at this point in time..... God, I hate day ones.
    /quit.

I made a mistake; you are absolutely correct, townies should never be lynched. This was AWFUL logic on my part and I hope it can be forgiven. Honestly, my opinion changed about PMysterious. I didn't want to admit this entirely. For some reason, I think jpulice's vote scared me (and to be completely honest with you these new votes scare me a lot too). I know that's not really an excuse, but it's true. I don't have anything to hide, so I will come completely clean.

Scottistru's post changed my mind about PMysterious. At this point, I am completely unconvinced that he could be a Werewolf. When jpulice caught my contradiction, I still had an out. I could have clarified that my opinion changed and I probably wouldn't be having this much heat thrown on me. But I didn't. I made a huge mistake and that was trying to justify what I had said before. This is obviously quite a huge mistake. You can't take two conflicting opinions and merge them, but I honestly tried to do that. The result was bad logic... no surprise there.

I can't really defend the things I have said recently... all in all, I will completely admit that my logic at the time made no sense. But I see my error and realize what I did wrong. And I totally agree. Townies never should be lynched if there is evidence to suggest they are townies. I completely agree with this. And I do not believe that PMysterious is an acceptable candidate for the lynch. This is my opinion.

In summary, I can't truly defend bad logic... it is exactly what it is, bad logic cannot be defended because there is no reason in it... and there was no reason in what I was saying.

All I can ask for is a second chance. If you're willing to give me a second chance, I promise I won't mess up like this again. I realize that's probably too much to ask for.

I made an error and I hope you can see that. Even so, if you lynch me I understand. I would probably lynch myself at this point of the game.
    "You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me.
    Because that's what needs to happen.
    Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.
    Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."
    -- The Dark Knight

That doesn't sound like the pcpb that I remember.
    I'm still at regionals, so I need to read the last page more carefully. We need to act with a little urgency now since it is the last rl day in the game day.
    I think that this has been answered before, but is the midnight thing west coast time?
    For those of you interested in my game history, just read through these:
    pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151074&highlight=diaz
    pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140945&highlight=diaz
    pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132681&highlight=diaz
    pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114540&highlight=diaz

I will be back on later today to weigh in. We need all hands on deck tonight. Esp vets.
    3rd Worlds '10

Quote Originally Posted by sdrawkcab View Post
    Posted towards PMysterious

I've only been able to read up to this post right now, and wanted to record my thoughts before I forgot about it.

This seems very team aligned to me. Whether they're wolfs, in a mason group, brothers? If the town is leaning towards voting PM we might get some info on jellyfisher. Good or bad news we don't know, Like i said I just wanted to point it out.

Of course it could be nothing
    No, I'm not in a mason group with PM. If we really were in a mason group, I would have just sent him a message to start posting instead of voting for him.

I'm running out of time. I made a horrible mistake and I don't think I have any other choice. Yes, this is dumb, but I don't see any other way of living past this day if I don't do this. You must understand, I'm basically dead anyway. This may only keep me alive that much longer, but if so perhaps there is a little good I can still do...

"Welcome. Thank you for coming. I am..."
    "As the mayor, I've given everything to developing the city."
    "As a trainer, I've simply been pursuing greater strength."
    "But what I'm searching for now is a young Trainer who can show me a bright future."
    "Perhaps you can show me that future the way Iris has."
    -- The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PokeChampofPokeBeach View Post
    I'm running out of time. I made a horrible mistake and I don't think I have any other choice. Yes, this is dumb, but I don't see any other way of living past this day if I don't do this. You must understand, I'm basically dead anyway. This may only keep me alive that much longer, but if so perhaps there is a little good I can still do...

"But what I'm searching for now is a young Trainer who can show me a bright future."
    dum dum dum.....DUUUUUM, thickens does the plot
    Team M ~We will remember~........OH GOD!! I AM IN CONTROL of the "BORED LOCKDOWN!" ........Metanite:R.I.P.
    Proud Texas Aggie Class of '13 and Proud Member of the U.S. Army
    Quote Originally Posted by PokePop View Post
    Absoltrainer FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGigabyte View Post
    Absoltainer wins one internetz! ||| MOST AMAZINGLY EPIC POST ON POKEGYM EVER

@absol if you keep making yoda sounding posts, I'm gunna have to assume its either part of your role or a clue. You've said that it isn't intentional. If thats the case, stop it.
    Posted with Mobile style...
    3rd Worlds '10

For those who don't know these quotes, these quotes are said by Drayden, Gym Leader of Opelucid Gym. I assume from this that PCoPB is claiming to be Drayden. If this is true, than PCoPB is probably town allied. He's on thin ice for sure, but I think we should give him some time to try and redeem himself.

On a different subject, I just looked over Absoltrainer's posts and I realized that he hasn't said much, and what he's said doesn't really contribute to the discussion at all. Here are some of AT's posts (in no particular order):

Quote Originally Posted by Absoltrainer
    dum dum dum.....DUUUUUM, thickens does the plot
    Dum Dum Dum, never good it is to reveal your role, espesially when you are not even close to being lynched. Past is past. An interesting post you have made.
    @NoOneInParticular: Unwise it would be to make judgments on anyone using past games as a basis. Lies flow easily through a soil with no ground.
    Double posting is bad, Diaz is annoying, reverse psycology perhaps, attract attention to not attract attention. Food for thought.
    A fool Diaz acts as. Did the same in previous games he's done. Perhaps nothing to worry about, perhaps something to notice.
    Who do YOU think we should lynch?

Even though he denies it, I'm thinking that he has some sort of speech impediment. So Absoltrainer, Who do YOU think we should lynch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter
    Know yourself, know your adversary, and you hold the key to victory.
    The Hallway Monitor

Very good points DC725. If PCOPB is indeed Drayden (Which I believe) then I feel good that he is definitely town, and I encourage that people unvote him ASAP. I also like your points against AT.

Lunch break over, more to come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaz View Post
    @absol if you keep making yoda sounding posts, I'm gunna have to assume its either part of your role or a clue. You've said that it isn't intentional. If thats the case, stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonClyne725 View Post
    Even though he denies it, I'm thinking that he has some sort of speech impediment. So Absoltrainer, Who do YOU think we should lynch?
    @Diaz: Yoda has nothing to do with my role. Also pot calling the kettle black much? @DC725: I have absolutely no idea. Thus why I have not voted.
    Team M ~We will remember~........OH GOD!! I AM IN CONTROL of the "BORED LOCKDOWN!" ........Metanite:R.I.P.
    Absoltrainer FTW!

So unless anyone wants to counter claim, then I guess this means you're town and everyone should unvote you. Which of course doesn't help the fact that we have no idea who to lynch.
    /\/\ |\
    \ \ \// <-------oddish
    / o_o\
    \____/
    /_\/_\

I realize I'm on incredibly thin ice and I'm sorry for that. I messed up royally. Not just the first infraction, which I do believe I could have overcome without having to reveal, but my response which ultimately exposed the flaw in my logic. But lynching me will not help our cause. I believe my role can still be of some service to you all, assuming you decide to believe my role-claim. Which you should, because I will NOT be counter-claimed. I say this with the utmost confidence. If I am counter-claimed, I encourage you to lynch me. Otherwise, if you want to lynch a Werewolf, voting for me will not help you. I am a rational player, I just failed to properly express myself and my opinions and ended up looking quite suspicious for it. Also, I don't want to be demanding, but I only have nine hours to live. If you want any chance of lynching a Werewolf today, I implore you to reconsider my innocence and unvote.
    -- The Dark Knight

People, unvote.....

Lynching a townie isn't good, ever!

I realize I'm on incredibly thin ice and I'm sorry for that. I messed up royally. Not just the first infraction, which I do believe I could have overcome without having to reveal, but my response which ultimately exposed the flaw in my logic. But lynching me will not help our cause. I believe my role can still be of some service to you all, assuming you decide to believe my role-claim. Which you should, because I will NOT be counter-claimed. I say this with the utmost confidence. If I am counter-claimed, I encourage you to lynch me. Otherwise, if you want to lynch a Werewolf, voting for me will not help you. I am a rational player, I just failed to properly express myself and my opinions and ended up looking quite suspicious for it. Also, I don't want to be demanding, but I only have nine hours to live. If you want any chance of lynching a Werewolf today, I implore you to reconsider my innocence and unvote.
    I believe this.

Not much time
    Gotta work quick

Need opinions people.

Cleared Dave628 why?

Unvote: PokeChampofPokeBeach

Lets just be explicit on this one. What role are you claiming? (not effect, just character name)
    3rd Worlds '10

Quote Originally Posted by jpulice View Post

Cleared Dave628 why?
    This.

Also, Diaz, he's claiming Drayden.

jpulice reminds me of Mordin from Mass Effect. Doubtful that there is a connection, just an observation.
    Absoltrainer FTW!

Man PCPB, you really had me believing you were scum. I’ll accept the role reveal, and I’m sorry it had to go that far, but it really WAS kinda scummy.

Well, Dave was never cleared, he just wasn’t as bad as PCPB. Now that we’re putting PCPB on the green/townie list, I suppose we can re-evaluate dave as a group.

Unvote: PokeChampofPokebeach
    The Yanmega Guy
    Fresno, California; Masters
    Yeah, I work for 6P

Is it possible to vote no one in this game? I've looked through pages of posts and I have not yet found anything large enough to convict anyone here. Dave made a very minor slip-up, I would not advocate his lynch because I made a much larger misstep than him so I don't think it would be right for him to be lynched. Also, if we're honest, there is really no evidence to convict Diaz of anything. I think we have to assume he's innocent for the moment.

If it is possible to vote for no one, I think that is our best course of action for the moment.
    -- The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by cabd View Post
    Man PCPB, you really had me believing you were scum. I’ll accept the role reveal, and I’m sorry it had to go that far, but it really WAS kinda scummy.

Well, Dave was never cleared, he just wasn’t as bad as PCPB. Now that we’re putting PCPB on the green/townie list, I suppose we can re-evaluate dave as a group.

Unvote: PokeChampofPokebeach
    I'm not sure if anyone else besides me thought it cleared him, but the post he made makes me think that he is probably not a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by dave628 View Post
    The reason why I have not jumped on PMysterious is that I feel that new players should have at least 1 day to 2 days to get their "feet wet" and figure out their play style. I am willing to let him make a few mistakes. We all were newbs at some point, and at some point wanted at least 1 day to learn the game and get feel for the game. I am trying to be very fair towards PMysterious and other new players. Now some people might ask me why I did not immediately defend PMysterious when everyone begin to make accusation against him for his mistakes. From past experience I did not want get a headache from arguing with Darthpika, who feels that if a new player makes one mistake he should be gone.
    As I said before, if he truly were a wolf, why would he defend the only other lynch candidate? Because at that time, PMysterious was the only other player to vote for. So at least for day one, I think that is a good enough reason not to lynch him.

Is it possible to vote no one in this game? I've looked through pages of posts and I have not yet found anything large enough to convict anyone here. Dave made a very minor slip-up, I would not advocate his lynch because I made a much larger misstep than him so I don't think it would be right for him to be lynched. Also, if we're honest, there is really no evidence to convict Diaz of anything. I think we have to assume he's innocent for the moment.

If it is possible to vote for no one, I think that is our best course of action for the moment.
    NO, NO, NO, NO It's a terrible, bad idea. a No Lynch is terrible. Cardz said it best:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardzmaster2004 (Werewolf XII) View Post
    "No One" is the worst vote ever. Allow me to explain.

Let's say we vote no one. lets assume that, for every 7 villagers there is 1 Wolf (a safe-ish assumption as this is the usual ratio games work off of). With our current 37 players divided by 7, that leaves...5.3ish. So, let's round up (to be safe) and also assume there are two Indies in the game (usually, Indies go 1 per 20 players and we're darn near 40 people).

So, teh current roster, simplified version:

Day 1: 29 V, 6 W, 2 I: 19 Lynch
    --Since its likely we'll hit a V on Day one and we'll lose a V to Wolves we would go to...27 V, 6 W, 2 I: 18 Lynch tomorrow. (Simple Majority of 52% of the vote)
    --With a No One, we go to...28 V, 6 W, 2 I: 19 Lynch tomorrow.

Note the 19. AGAIN! That takes the simple majority up to 53%!

ok...so, one percent isn't a big deal. Now.

By voting NO VOTE tonight, our odds of ever getting a simply majority go down VASTLY. This means that later in the game when people are staunchly standing by their logics, we'll never hit a simply majority without MASSIVE compromise. This also gives Wolves, Indies, and any other...sketchy ...people to debate out of a corner. We've already got a pretty fickle field. I want to cut down on any wiggle room later in the game when the easy simple majority is needed. Trust me, down the road if we ever hit 11-12 people (heaven forbid, this game will go forever...), I'd rather have my odds at 6 or 11 (55%) than 7 of 12 (almost 60%). And the percentages get WORSE from there on out...

..and as mentioned in a later post, it does shift a LOT of the control to the Wolf side, giving them and Vigs the ONLY right to kill (and Indies if they can kill, yes...). That's a lot of control (more or less the ONLY control) I'm not willing to turn over. EVER. EVER.
    Absoltrainer FTW!

Akane's been rather silent of late. She made a couple great posts right at first, but I think she has suddenly vanished off the face of the earth.
    Wasn't she rather active last game?
    Jolteon Flareon Vaporeon
    Espeon Umbreon
    Glaceon Leafeon
    Eevee

Re #474...yes I believe you...

Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969119 ... LastLast