Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Is it not worth putting dce's in decks no more?

  1. #1

    Is it not worth putting dce's in decks no more?

    Well i think its not really worth putting double collerless energys in a deck no more because of lthe card lost remover. When you attach a dce you usually heaviley rely on that energy card. So when it gets discared it really hurts your game. But other special energy card arent so bad because you dont rely on it so much.

    The the best time to attach a dce is when you can discared it right away. Like for example zekrom ex second attack. You can discared it right when you attach it on to zekrom.

    If mewtwo ex gets a double collerless energy discared from it' it's not that bad most of the time.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    I think that it is almost always worth putting dce in decks. Lost remover is bad but many people only run one or two if any. Also it is a very important card in the two best decks in the format Namely CMT and ZekEels.
    To Do List: 1.Wear a shirt that says "life". Hand out lemons on a street corner. 2.Change name to Simon and talk in third person 3.Teach a parrot to say "Help, I've been turned into a parrot."
    "Bowties Are Cool" "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus"
    Current CP: 495

  3. #3
    Yea they may only run one or two but they also run the card junk arm to get it out.

  4. #4
    Question. Do you know what junk arm does?

  5. #5
    Yes, but I still think that it is worth running DCE.
    To Do List: 1.Wear a shirt that says "life". Hand out lemons on a street corner. 2.Change name to Simon and talk in third person 3.Teach a parrot to say "Help, I've been turned into a parrot."
    "Bowties Are Cool" "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus"
    Current CP: 495

  6. #6
    I'd only run 0 or 2 if I'm playing Zeels

  7. #7
    You use DCE to attack, but then afterward they discard it. Which means that's one more card not used to improve consistencey. I will alway run DCE in any deck that is supposed to play it. I could care less about lost remover they'll probably kill the pokemon anyway. Lost removers main cause is to cause disruption, so as long as you don't give them a chance to cause disruption you'll be good.
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

    Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

  8. #8
    Well, Lost Remover has been around for a long time now, and DCE still seems to be working nicely in people's decks.

    What's the alternative anyway? I'd rather drop DCE, take a Prize, and then see it Lost Zoned than take 2 turns to power up an attack and watch my Pokemon get KO'd before it can do anything.
    Read my article on Blastoise/Keldeo please
    UK National Seniors Champion '10 || Worlds Competitor '08, 09, '10, '11
    Worlds 2012 Top 32 Masters Division
    YOU/USEDTO_B E A_LRIGHT_AT/POKE_MON WHAT /HA_PPENED

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by baby mario View Post
    Well, Lost Remover has been around for a long time now, and DCE still seems to be working nicely in people's decks.

    What's the alternative anyway? I'd rather drop DCE, take a Prize, and then see it Lost Zoned than take 2 turns to power up an attack and watch my Pokemon get KO'd before it can do anything.
    My point exactly. Fast attachment is required in this format.
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

    Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

  10. #10
    Not sure if serious... but I'll bite. Lost Remover is good, but not that good. Like some others have pointed out you get to attach the DCE and attack before it gets removed. So you get to enjoy the benefits of DCE before it gets removed from play. Also, very few deck can afford to play Lost Remover. It's kinda the 67th card in many decks, you have so much else you want to fit in (like an extra Pluspower) before you even start thinking about disruption cards like Lost Remover.
    tl;dr don't worry DCE and other special energies are still good to play and you shouldn't worry about cards like Lost Remover.
    The guy just wants extended camera time.

  11. #11
    Well i got massivley screwed over with lost remover more than once.....it maid me concead the game. Im looking forword to this dark deck that im going to make it wont have sp darks in it.

  12. #12
    i aint never gonna run no dces no more lost remover didnt never not make cmt unviable nor could cmt not get away without not using dce i tried cmt both without no dce and with no dce and i didnt dislike it without no dce and i certainly didnt like it with no dce but i didnt really never not dislike neither one so i used terrakion instead but i dint lose no tournaments with terrakion even tho i had 5 lost remover in my deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO not running no dces in your deck bcaus they dont make it no more inconsitstent also in the only 1 game i didnt not playtest i was screwed by the new crash hamer bcaus now there aint nothing thats not stopping nobody from running 4 lost remover and 4 crash hamers AND 4 junk arms!!!!!! think of how consistently they wont fail to draw into a card to discard mah dces!!!!!!!!!!! dce is anb autoloss a to all decks that dont lack no less than 4 crash hammers and 4 lostremover and 4 junk arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game sux so much im gonna go play ygo inbstead cuz its more balanced and they aint got no overpriced exs either but if ur gonna plays pokemons than u shouldnt never play dces in terrakion
    Last edited by Unfallible; 04/27/2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Top 16 in Masters @ US Nationals 2012

  13. #13
    Maybe. Depends on the deck. Rain Dance, 6 Corners, and Mewtwo variants love this card as it makes it easier to attack. Other decks, not so much. Worst case scenario is Lost Remover.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfallible View Post
    i aint never gonna run no dces no more lost remover didnt never not make cmt unviable nor could cmt not get away without not using dce i tried cmt both without no dce and with no dce and i didnt dislike it without no dce and i certainly didnt like it with no dce but i didnt really never not dislike neither one so i used terrakion instead but i dint lose no tournaments with terrakion even tho i had 5 lost remover in my deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO not running no dces in your deck bcaus they dont make it no more inconsitstent also in the only 1 game i didnt not playtest i was screwed by the new crash hamer bcaus now there aint nothing thats not stopping nobody from running 4 lost remover and 4 crash hamers AND 4 junk arms!!!!!! think of how consistently they wont fail to draw into a card to discard mah dces!!!!!!!!!!! dce is anb autoloss a to all decks that dont lack no less than 4 crash hammers and 4 lostremover and 4 junk arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game sux so much im gonna go play ygo inbstead cuz its more balanced and they aint got no overpriced exs either but if ur gonna plays pokemons than u shouldnt never play dces in terrakion
    Mother of Arceus....
    Quote Originally Posted by jfm0613 View Post
    Here is a question: My son just got some new Pokemon cards for his birthday. In the set was a very large Mewtwo card that he wants to put into his deck. Considering that it is as big as 4 regular-sized cards, how do you shuffle it into a deck?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfallible View Post
    i aint never gonna run no dces no more lost remover didnt never not make cmt unviable nor could cmt not get away without not using dce i tried cmt both without no dce and with no dce and i didnt dislike it without no dce and i certainly didnt like it with no dce but i didnt really never not dislike neither one so i used terrakion instead but i dint lose no tournaments with terrakion even tho i had 5 lost remover in my deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO not running no dces in your deck bcaus they dont make it no more inconsitstent also in the only 1 game i didnt not playtest i was screwed by the new crash hamer bcaus now there aint nothing thats not stopping nobody from running 4 lost remover and 4 crash hamers AND 4 junk arms!!!!!! think of how consistently they wont fail to draw into a card to discard mah dces!!!!!!!!!!! dce is anb autoloss a to all decks that dont lack no less than 4 crash hammers and 4 lostremover and 4 junk arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game sux so much im gonna go play ygo inbstead cuz its more balanced and they aint got no overpriced exs either but if ur gonna plays pokemons than u shouldnt never play dces in terrakion
    There's English in here, I'm sure of it, I just have to find it.

    YouTube Channel - Casual/Tournament games from Chicago
    Collector's Checklists - Includes all sets

  16. #16
    As long it helps me getting a prize with it, its fine to me.
    top 8 worlds 2013

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfallible View Post
    im gonna go play ygo inbstead cuz its more balanced and they aint got no overpriced exs either
    Hahahahaha. You are quite the comedian.
    I started playing competitively around HGSS Unleashed.
    3rd at 2011 Santa Clara Spring Battle Roads with Zekrom/Luxray GL Lv.X
    1st at 2011 Santa Clara Cities with Zekrom/Eelektrik
    31st at 2013 Vancouver Regionals with Rayeels + Victini EX

  18. #18
    I have used it as boost energy.
    Team Shadow elite
    top cut worlds
    grinded into worlds twice
    secret non meta decks for the win

  19. #19
    Forum Moderator vaporeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    5,102
    Images
    78
    Always run DCE when the deck needs them. If you opponent want's to use 2 deck spaces for LR and then waste junk arms to recover them, let them. In most cases, LR is pretty easy to play around.

    All you have to do is use your DCE's when you feel its safe. Don't play them unless you plan on attacking that turn.
    Times like this make you wish you had Energy Switch.

  20. #20
    ^ I agree, getting to attach 2 energy immediately is very useful in most cases. Who'd want to wait an extra turn attaching energy?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfm0613 View Post
    Here is a question: My son just got some new Pokemon cards for his birthday. In the set was a very large Mewtwo card that he wants to put into his deck. Considering that it is as big as 4 regular-sized cards, how do you shuffle it into a deck?

  21. #21
    homeofmew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    5,655
    Images
    15
    Thats why people are staring to play Vileplume more again. DCE + Mewtwo + Plume +anything else means no catcher or lost remover.
    Last edited by homeofmew; 05/03/2012 at 11:13 AM.
    [ homeofmew |Christine "Tina" Michie]
    [Masters Division | Houston, Texas/ USA
    ]
    ~ B.S. Mathematical Sciences - University of Houston, Victoria ~
    I.N.T.J. Personality Type


  22. #22
    Is Lost Remover played a lot by your opponents? If your answer is "yes" then it makes sense to consider cutting back on DCE.

    I could have completely missed the point but wasn't Unfallible sending-up the threads's title?

  23. #23
    As others as have said, that extra attachment from DCE is NEEDED in this format, where you can have an attacker Catcher Killed in the blink of an eye. It's all about speed. You either put down your DCE or lose your attacker.
    ???
    2012-2013 (Masters) Game Record: 0-0
    0 Championship Points

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SMP88 View Post
    There's English in here, I'm sure of it, I just have to find it.
    No, there's not. :P
    Last edited by Unfallible; 05/05/2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Top 16 in Masters @ US Nationals 2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •