Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NW Regional Championships May 28, 2005

Images

Exclamation NW Regional Championships May 28, 2005

Hello all..

BDS Oregon PTO and I, Wash PTO are proud to jointly announce the NW Regional Pokemon Tournament......

Here are the details...

Holiday Inn Portland Airport
    8439 N.E. Columbia Boulevard
    Portland, Oregon 97220
    John Q Hammons Hall

Date: May 28, 2005

Main Tournament Starts at 11:00 am

Holiday Inn Information
    For Information or Reservations Call
    (503) 256-5000

Players will fill in deck lists. Deck doctors and Deck checkers will be present during registration to help out to tweek your decks.

MODIFIED FORMAT:
    This is a MODIFIED CONSTRUCTED tournament. Modified decks may only include cards from the following Pokémon sets:
    Ruby & Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, Hidden Legends, Fire Red & Leaf Green, Team Rocket Returns, Deoxys, Emerald, EX: Trainer Kit, POP Series 1 promo cards, Black Star Promo cards numbered 001 and higher, basic energy cards from any set. Cards from the World Championships Decks are not legal.

Players will play in age modified swiss rounds. Players play in each round. Number of rounds depends on attendance. Separate age pods will be run for each age group, 10 under, 11-14 and 15 & older (if enough players). Swiss rounds will be one 30 minute game. Finals will be top 4/8/16 depending on size of each pod. Finals will be best 2/3 matches.

Prizes
    The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
    • Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
    • Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
    • Scholarship award worth $1500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)
    • $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (this allowance will be given on-site at the event)
    • Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
    • Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
    • Invitation to the Pokémon TCG World Championships in August 2005
    • Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships
    • Scholarship award worth $1000 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

3rd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
    • Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

4th Place

• Scholarship award worth $500 (go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com for details and restrictions)

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: (bring your own GBA and FireRed & LeafGreen game) Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Latias and Latios are banned; ALL Shining Pokemon are banned; Entei, Raikou, and Suicune (obtained through Story Mode of Pokemon Colluseum) are also banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark). Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided)

8 Person Mini-Tournaments: We will run 8 person Booster Drafts and/or Theme Deck Tournaments throughout the day, as soon as we get 8 people signed up. The tournaments will most likely start as the main tournament is finishing. All cards used are yours to keep. Prizes for 1st - 4th places will be EX Emerald Boosters. Entry fee - $15.00

UNLIMITED Super Battle: Dust off that old Unlimited Deck, or build a new one. After a full day of Modified, here’s your chance to use any English Pokemon card printed (except Ancient Mew). Grand Prize is a Nintendo DS! Other prizes will be EX Emerald Boosters (the amount of prizes depends on the number of players). Entry fee - $10.00

Go to the following link for general Regionals information.....

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/faq...ionals_faq.asp
    Last edited by Pokeplayer; 05/17/2005 at 11:46 PM.
    Pokeplayer
    Washington State PTO

Images
    LOL - What's it going to be 28 March or 28 May?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka
    At any rate, I applaud Rainbowgym for a truly creative deck that took a great amount of skill to put together.

Images
    Thanks...typo fixed...
    Pokeplayer
    Washington State PTO

I will point out that this is unofficial until you see it on the PUI website, but since Terry and I decided to do a joint application, it kind of reduced the competition.

While the details still need to be worked out with PUI, we wanted to let you know the date (it is actually May 28th) and the location so you can make plans early. The 28th is the start of Memorial weekend, so take a nice vacation to the Oregon Coast, stopping in Portland on Saturday!

BDS
    Last edited by Big Daddy Snorlax; 03/14/2005 at 05:24 PM.
    Member of Team Compendium
    Find the answers to your ruling questions in the Compendium

Damn it's in Oregon. Oh well, longer drive. I'll still be there. ROFL I love how they put Alaska in the northwest region ;/ Jermy WHERE ARE YOU <3
    Have Top 8, Top 16 and Top 32 worlds 09 promos and semifinalist 04 promo PM if interested

Hey great to hear you're coming Sebastion. Expect to have a rematch from me there. I promise you . And I've already started my training so I won't be no easy pushover. I promise I'll be twice or more as tough as i was in Port Coquitlam. You can count on that.

uhhhhh... Bored... Need tourys... *Time travel* HOORAY!!! Well I look forward to this one. But first EX: Emerald!!! Good ol GatreEX!

Hate to burst your bubble Jeremy, but there's a strong chance that the next set is not GS, meaning no Gatre ex for now. I say this because there's still several other cards they have which are yet to be released here. We don't really actually know what this set will contain. How many times before have they tricked us and sent out a completely different set? Sorry but I see a strong chance that Emerald is not GS. We just have to wait and see.

Hmmm, oregon again? lol, if I win I can pick up those 300 bucks nintendo owes me for states.

I could have sworn that 300 bucks was travel allowance given to you at Nationals, isn't it?

EX: Emerald is the next set Seth. So sorry but YES YAY GATREEX!!!

Yes EX Emerald is the next set, but no one ever said that Emerald is indeed Golden Sky Silvery Sea, the set in Japan which has Gatre. It may just be a combination of several other cards from Japan like QCP that we're yet to get.

no, but if I get a trip to origins, I actually have some incentive to grab those 300 for what now becomes a free trip. If I don't win, it's not worth spending the 1000 or so to go to origins to get the travel allowance.

I thought the top prize was a trip to worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Legendary Master
    Yes EX Emerald is the next set, but no one ever said that Emerald is indeed Golden Sky Silvery Sea, the set in Japan which has Gatre. It may just be a combination of several other cards from Japan like QCP that we're yet to get.
    Yeah, the lack of knowing whats in this set is making any kind of preparation for the next month (before the pre-release) very annoying. Are we getting Milotic? Are we getting Gatr? We don't know and it makes me so angry.
    And I'm pretty sure there is a trip to WORLDS on the line. There may also be the same 300$ Nationals package but no free trip I think.
    I found The Truth
    You Play To Win The Game!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder
    This whole phenomena is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a government agenda.

No Emerald is golen sky silvery sea. I'm 99% sure. MiloticEX was in one of those special decks Japan got the others were Camerupt, Cacturne, Rachui(Another RaichuEX), like the psychic one was Slowking or something I fogot.If MiloticEX is in Emerald I do not know. I do know we can expect Ganium, Gatre, another Ty, T-tar, Espeon, and most likely Umbreon EXs.

Jeremy you don't have all the info or else you would not be 99% sure of anything.
    I found The Truth
    You Play To Win The Game!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder
    This whole phenomena is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a government agenda.

No one knows. We have to wait. Emerald version is a combination of Hoenn and Johto Pokemon. If I remember correctly, Golden Sky Silvery Sea is supposed to be Johto Pokemon only. So looking at this, we have to expect it will be a combination of Pokemon from both Hoenn and Johto, not just Johto. We've already seen Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, and Doexys speed form on the prerelease poster, which suggest those might be in the set. That already changes everything around. Those pokemon are from Hoenn.

Karate_Kid
    calm down everybody...this is the NW REGIONALS page, not EX EMERALD prerelease page...and to answer all questions, it will most likely be a combo of the Pre Con Decks and Golden Sky Silvery Sea (EX EMERALD) set...but back to topic?? Since BDS and Pokeplayer are combining forces to bring this REGIONAL...is BDS throwing the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA one again??? was just wondering...cause our PTO is only doing the SOUTHERN CALI one?? just would like to know if you could either post up some info on this or PM me, cause last year's roadie to Berkley was AWESOME!!

thanks

Jesse- Karl is doing Norcal Regionals as well. Hopefully the dates cooperate we have the opportunity to go to 3 regionals =x
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyofsho16 View Post
    ...tech against water types. which will probably be near non-existant in DP-RR. This card is okay at best. The normal Luxray GL is just AWFUL. It has no good attacks, and the Lv X attack is pretty much all it has going for it. Sure, 60 damage is pretty good early game, especially for 1 energy, but late game it is pretty mediocre at best. 5/10.

Crap I wouldn't want to have to deal with the almighty Chad at my regionals...May as well stay home on this one.
    Have Top 8, Top 16 and Top 32 worlds 09 promos and semifinalist 04 promo PM if interested

Karate_Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Scizor
    Jesse- Karl is doing Norcal Regionals as well. Hopefully the dates cooperate we have the opportunity to go to 3 regionals =x
    Yo Chad...hey man, pretty sweet!! I wasnt sure if he was getting it or not, but right on man...it's that his site only had the So Cal one up, but nothing on the Nor Cal...very cool man, thanks for the heads up!! C'ya at Regionals

lates

OMG, 4th at Worlds is going, i shouldn't even bother. Oh it was 11-14? OOOOPS never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyofsho16 View Post
    ...tech against water types. which will probably be near non-existant in DP-RR. This card is okay at best. The normal Luxray GL is just AWFUL. It has no good attacks, and the Lv X attack is pretty much all it has going for it. Sure, 60 damage is pretty good early game, especially for 1 energy, but late game it is pretty mediocre at best. 5/10.

lol chad why do you put your tournaments in your signature? woo top 8 GC ;/ woo 11th states ;/ I can understand putting like WORLDS, but everything else is kinda queef ;/

Meh, what does it matter, all you guys better make it up here (or down here if you're joner). I wouldn't want taking regionals to be that easy, then again, I just might.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast