Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Igor costa

Igor costa

hey guys, I am a big friend of igor costa and I just wanted to make here a post to honour him

he diserves this win

well done Igor

Bora la portugal
    O igor é o maior

Quote Originally Posted by vascurten View Post
    hey guys, I am a big friend of igor costa and I just wanted to make here a post to honour him

he diserves this win

well done Igor

Bora la portugal
    O igor é o maior
    Whats bora la portugal mean?

Google Translate says:

Although it Portugal
    The higher is the igor

And I know that's wrong, but I don't know what's right.
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

It means "Let's go Portugal
    Igor is the best".

It's a great achievement for us Portuguese people, with so little means and recognition.

Cool. Google's version is funnier, tho ^_^
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

GRANDEEE IGOR!!!! O TROFÉU É NOSSO DURANTE UM ANO E TUDO GRAÇAS A TI!!!

To everyone:

Portugal is a small country, and our Pokémon Community isn't as big as many other countries we hear about. We can't even compare to a country like USA, because when your tournaments reach 200 players ours reach 15 at most. Yeah, that small. Igor wins most of the tournaments over here, but he is close to everybody, making him not only a great player but also a great friend to many of us. But maybe the lack of players around here is what pulls us together as a "family", thus making us always more interested in evolving the community and not X player. We always have great moments at tournaments as the tiny community we are, and even konwing one or another shines among the others, we always try to make the weakers stronger. Igor is an excellent example of that: 4 times National Chmapion, and he still helps everybody with their deck ideas, structure, strategy, even borrowing most of his cards often.

And all these little things are what makes us, Portuguese Pokémon TCG Players, the close and confident little community,

That's the reason why we are so excited to have one of us as the World Champion, because we want to show that, even tiny, we're capable of doing it, and that the union is the strenght.

Congrats to all countries and players at the Pokémon Worlds.

But Igor, dude, you earned it.
    Bananas.

Igor played brilliantly and completely deserved the win.

Congrats to him.
    Read my article on Blastoise/Keldeo please
    UK National Seniors Champion '10 || Worlds Competitor '08, 09, '10, '11
    Worlds 2012 Top 32 Masters Division
    YOU/USEDTO_B E A_LRIGHT_AT/POKE_MON WHAT /HA_PPENED

Indeed, props to Igor for giving Portugal it's first ever worlds win! You proved to that your awesome skill was great enough to give you the fame of world champion.

According to someone from Hey Trainer, Igor is only 16 years old! Now I can't be sure if this is true or not, but if it is, he is the youngest masters division player to win a world championships (sounds like a first year master)!
    Masters Division:
    Achievements:
    Honestly, in a heavily luck-based format like this one, there is no point bragging about achievements this season unless we have a more skill-based format like the SP or delta days.

Quote Originally Posted by JPN Gallade View Post
    Indeed, props to Igor for giving Portugal it's first ever worlds win! You proved to that your awesome skill was great enough to give you the fame of world champion.

According to someone from Hey Trainer, Igor is only 16 years old! Now I can't be sure if this is true or not, but if it is, he is the youngest masters division player to win a world championships (sounds like a first year master)!
    David Cohen won worlds last year at the age of 16 too, if I remembered correctly.

Igor is truly a great player. I'm really impressed by how he managed to keep his calm and take the win in the finals despite being a game down. Well done! Hope he'll write a report here
    Quote Originally Posted by jfm0613 View Post
    Here is a question: My son just got some new Pokemon cards for his birthday. In the set was a very large Mewtwo card that he wants to put into his deck. Considering that it is as big as 4 regular-sized cards, how do you shuffle it into a deck?

Quote Originally Posted by PidgeyCornerFTW View Post
    David Cohen won worlds last year at the age of 16 too, if I remembered correctly.

Igor is truly a great player. I'm really impressed by how he managed to keep his calm and take the win in the finals despite being a game down. Well done! Hope he'll write a report here
    David Cohen was actually in his second year of the masters division upon winning last year, so he was 17 when he became world champion.
    Masters Division:
    Achievements:
    Honestly, in a heavily luck-based format like this one, there is no point bragging about achievements this season unless we have a more skill-based format like the SP or delta days.

Quote Originally Posted by JPN Gallade View Post
    David Cohen was actually in his second year of the masters division upon winning last year, so he was 17 when he became world champion.
    I see. The World Championships booklet listed him as 16 though, so that's what I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfm0613 View Post
    Here is a question: My son just got some new Pokemon cards for his birthday. In the set was a very large Mewtwo card that he wants to put into his deck. Considering that it is as big as 4 regular-sized cards, how do you shuffle it into a deck?

Congratulations to Igor Costa from your friendly neighbour country Spain. We hope to have OP for next year and be at Worlds 2013 :D

Quote Originally Posted by PidgeyCornerFTW View Post
    I see. The World Championships booklet listed him as 16 though, so that's what I thought.
    If the book says he is 16, well, looks Igor Costa is tied with him. However, like I said, this looks like Igor's first year in masters, so he would technically be the youngest masters world champion for playing in masters for only one year.
    Masters Division:
    Achievements:

It's his first year in masters, so yeah, the first time in masters is world champion =)

Funny story. I was riding on a plane to Hawaii 2 years back. We actually met 3 people from Portugal and became good friends. I haven't seen any of them in a while until I saw Igor. I was like wait......... I KNOW THAT GUY. Turns out, he won Worlds. I was liek "Igor what a boss!"
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

Congrats, Igor! It's great to see an international player win. Every country is getting stronger, and the more worldwide interest we get, the bigger a game Pokemon will become.
    I make Pokémon videos and stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJWittz

Quote Originally Posted by bullados View Post
    Google Translate says:

Although it Portugal
    The higher is the igor

And I know that's wrong, but I don't know what's right.
    Mine says "Igor is the largest!"
    1st place Southern Plain Regionals 2011 and Survivor of the Grinder 2011

Is currently wishing to have a good signature.

Igor as a great day for him and for Portugal, I know him since he started to play with me here, 5 years ago, and I am happy for him! Now, we don´t have the same condicions to play Pokémon TCG than USA have, we only have 6 leagues on Portugal, and we onlu have two invites for masters to play in WC and one have to pay the travel, is to much little for us show what we can do, is a shame how WC is a US tournment, and not equal for all countrys. We will win more Championships!

IGOR_DEUS!
    Last edited by dgs87; 08/13/2012 at 07:40 PM.

I think the majority of people support Igor. I know anyone who watched the same game I did couldn't belittle Igor for his accomplishment. Were there misplays? Yes, but (there's always a but) nothing more than anyone else in that situation would've made.

I was a little hard in my comment and I delete that part so sorry for that, but In my point of wiew, since I play Pokémon TCG for teh last 7 year, the 1st thing I always do is checkinhg what is in my prizes when I´m gonna search something in my deck, and in the middle of the 3rd game I ask to my self: Where is the Shaymin? Well If I ask to my self, Igor ask to himself, and Leven know where it was before last turn, and he try without Shaymin. This is my opinion, it wasn´t a misplay. Igor is a strong player and is strong in mind games.

I don't mean to downplay Igor's playing ability, but I think better than misplay is crack under pressure mentality. It didn't look like Igor was talking up Harrison to call it a mind game. I remember at my first Regionals I played to Top 16 vs either Erik or Kevin Nance. The turn before I had made sure to know if I had a SP Radar or Bebe's Search in my deck. When time was called though my mind fizzled and I couldn't remember what I had just saw.

Props to Igor because from the game I saw he played amazingly well as did Harrison. I continue on my league feed on facebook to talk up both players for their great playing.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Let me just say that Igor was a pleasure to judge at this event, and especially at the finals table.

On a few occaisions, he showed me his hand which each time was AWFUL, and I had to keep a straight face.

At least once, Harrison let him off the hook with an"N"

Good clean games by 2 good competitors. I think they will both play that last game over in their heads QUITE a few times, as it easily could have gone either way.

Congrats to our World Champion.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it (not that you had a choice).

Vince
    PTO for the ST. LOUIS area!
    Founder - Piglet Draft!
    Owner of the Newest and Greatest Gaming Store (NOW OPEN) Yeti Gaming!!! yetigaming.com

Watching the finals Igor played very well, and I have to say when he stared at Harrison it felt like a death stare. I'm happy for Igor and hope he continues to achieve future successes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast