Thread: Soft Reset for a Shiny Gible Jolly nature ?

Exclamation Soft Reset for a Shiny Gible Jolly nature ?

Hey , I was wondering if I should Soft reset for a Jolly Shiny Gible the Alder's grandson gives ? Should I ?
    NEW Trade Thread : http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread...03#post2352203

1st with Darkrai/Hydregion at Fall Battle roads !

ATM : 15 Champ Points

Images
    I'm sure there's a way you can RNG abuse it to make it easier and take less time. Just straight soft resetting is a pain.
    Team B-Side
    || cardmaker, competitive tcg player, competitive vg player. ||
    || programmer, game designer; fantasy writer, amateur artist. ||
    .....the figter of shadows.....

RNG ? What is that ?

Images
    RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Computers can't create purely random results - they have to use some sort of pattern, and people like to study Pokemon's coding to figure out what the pattern is for things like Pokemon generation. It has to do with the timing of starting up your game, and the time setting in your DS.

If you do a little research, you can find some ways to help control what the stats and nature of the Pokemon, and it'll take only a few tries instead of several hundreds or thousands of soft resets.

Hopefully some other forum members have some resources to help you get started! :D
    Team B-Side
    || cardmaker, competitive tcg player, competitive vg player. ||
    || programmer, game designer; fantasy writer, amateur artist. ||
    .....the figter of shadows.....

Content Developer
    Blog Admin
    Contest Host
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think you can reset for a different nature. Not 100% sure, but I think so.

When it comes to the grottos in the game, the Pokemon cannot be changed, but according to Serebii, you can reset to change the nature, so I would think perhaps natures are the only thing that can always be affected by a reset.

Front Page News Editor pokemonrocks777's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think you can reset for a different nature. Not 100% sure, but I think so.

When it comes to the grottos in the game, the Pokemon cannot be changed, but according to Serebii, you can reset to change the nature, so I would think perhaps natures are the only thing that can always be affected by a reset.
    according to Serebii I looked it is any Nature so yeah you can RNG it to the Nature you want.
    City Champion 2009 3-Way Tie (2-1) Tyranitar/Weavile
    Nationals 2012 : 136th/1003 (6-3) Tornadus/Terrakion/Mew2
    Texas States 2013 Player: 23rd/235 (6-2): Terrakion EX/Terrakion/Pokedex/Ether/20 Fighting
    Texas States 2014: 15th/208 (some tie system): Thunderus EX/Deoxys EX/Kyurem/Genesect/Landorus.
    Back from the Silent World

Awesome ! I'm battling Benja right now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kayle View Post
    If you do a little research, you can find some ways to help control what the stats and nature of the Pokemon, and it'll take only a few tries instead of several hundreds or thousands of soft resets.

Hopefully some other forum members have some resources to help you get started! :D
    This was true in BW1. In BW2, the RNG is a lot harder to hit, so it's not unusual for it to take 20+ tries. If the only thing you're going for is nature (as opposed to IVs/ability/etc) it's probably easier and faster just to reset for it.
    When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.
    Currently running: Are you sure you have enough dice? 38-22