Thread: Cobalion EX/Klinklank from the new set

Talking Cobalion EX/Klinklank from the new set

This deck is for when the new set comes out in February.
    Any ideas are welcome.
    EDIT #1 got rid of special metal energy and added 2 cobalion (NVI)
    EDIT #2 see comment #8

Cobalion EX/klinklang

4 cobalion EX
    4 klink
    2 klang
    2 klinklang (EX proof)
    2 klinklang (energy moving)
    2 cobalion (NVI

12 metal

2 evolite
    3 ultra ball
    2 skyla
    1 computer search
    2 Bianca
    3 juniper
    4 catcher
    2 random receiver
    2 n
    2 switch
    3 max potion
    4 rare candy
    2 crushing hammer

Here's the card info

Cobalion-EX – Steel – HP180
    Basic Pokemon

[M] Holy Edge: 30 damage. Choose 1 Special Energy card attached to the Defending
    Pokemon and discard it.

[M][M][C] Steel Bullet: 100 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by
    Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 2

Klinklang – Metal – HP140
    Stage 2 (Team Plasma) – Evolves from Klang

Ability: Plasma Steel
    Prevent all damage done to your Metal Pokemon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokemon-EX.

[M][M][C] Heavy Bullet: 70 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to 1 of your
    opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: Fire (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 3

Strategy
    You stall with Cobalion Ex untill you can get a klinklang with plasma steel out and just keep hitting with
    Cobalion EX. The other klinklang is so you can move energy for max potion or if you need to retreat.

Some other cards I thought of adding we're ditto (to get klingklang out) or durant( for after you get
    klingklang out) but I'm happy for any suggestions.
    Last edited by jwkdpster; 12/19/2012 at 01:02 PM.

Regular Cobalion might be useful in this deck in order to shut down the attacks of non-EX attackers with Iron Breaker.

I would take out two coballion ex and put in registeel ex in and a plasma durrant in.

I've tested Cobalion EX/Klinklang quite a bit. You need to max out on Klink, because you play 4 Klinklangs. Also, 4 Eviolite and 2 Max Potions seems like overkill when your attackers are already protected by Klinklang, and in generally, Max Potion helps out the deck way more than Eviolite. Here's the changes I would recommend:

-4 Eviolite
    -2 Cheren
    -2 Pluspower

+1 Max Potion
    +1 Rare Candy
    +1 Ultra Ball
    +1 Klink
    +2 Juniper
    +2 Pokemon Catcher

I hope this helps!

Ok got it. I think I need at least 2 evolites or else the Cobalion will be to easy to kill. But I could be wrong.
    I also dont like too many junipers. Would this work?
    -2 Evolite
    -2 cheren
    -2 pluspower

+1 max potion
    +1 rare candy
    +1 ultra ball
    +1 klink
    +1 juniper
    +1 catcher

That would work. Juniper is always great to draw early game though, to get through plenty of cards for Klinklang and Rare Candy, because it's important to get EX protection as soon as possible. And I would still recommend 4 Catchers as well, so you can stall early on as you setup both Klinklangs.

Ok let's try this
    -2 Evolite
    -2 cheren
    -2 pluspower
    -1 switch

+1 max potion
    +1 rare candy
    +1 ultra ball
    +1 klink
    +1 juniper
    +2 catcher

Is there enough energy?
    Last edited by jwkdpster; 12/19/2012 at 01:02 PM.

Yeah, that's look fine. Test it out for consistency, and if your not getting a turn 2 or 3 Klinklang, then max out on Ultra Ball, or add a Skyla or two.

why dont you use plasma energy, plasma fridgate, or even colress from the new set

Quote Originally Posted by LeonTheGreat View Post
    why dont you use plasma energy, plasma fridgate, or even colress from the new set
    plasma energy and plasma frigate combo is not really needed in this deck, nor would it be very helpful. plasma energy cant be shifted like metal energy can. also fire is the main weakness of the deck and fire attackers arent very common. as to playing colress i would suggest playing 2-3.

I'm having some trouble getting the catchers. I'll see if I can get some before citys end ,but if not what
    Should I replace them with? Just colress and max out hammers, or put in durant, or something else intierly.