Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Blaine's Charizard Corrected version

  1. #1
    abv150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hardinxveld-Giessendam Netherlands
    Posts
    60

    Blaine's Charizard Corrected version

    How much is a Blaine's Charizard Corrected version NM/Mint worth?
    I see prices between $ 70.00 and $ 100.00 on eBay, but that looks a bit high to me.

    Same goes with the Rocket's Minefield Corrected version.

  2. #2
    I sold a copy (EX-NM condition) through auction for $20.

    I think $70-$100 is way too much. Though, if you really want a MINT copy, paying $70 might be worth it.
    I think around the $25-$40 range (depending on condition) is fair.

    Check out my Pokemon cards on eBay!
    ^^ Many new auctions! ^^
    Trade Thread | WTB Thread
    I LOVE Jesus!

  3. #3
    abv150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hardinxveld-Giessendam Netherlands
    Posts
    60
    That's the price I had in mind for a card like this.
    Does the Rocket's Minefield card has any value?

  4. #4
    I'm honestly not sure. Sorry!

    Check out my Pokemon cards on eBay!
    ^^ Many new auctions! ^^
    Trade Thread | WTB Thread
    I LOVE Jesus!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by abv150 View Post
    That's the price I had in mind for a card like this.
    Does the Rocket's Minefield card has any value?
    When I first starting selling them I got $50-$70 for the first 6 of them but price dropped off from there. I am unsure where they would be at the moment, I have a few in my store but that is just going off sales I had about a year ago.

    It was similar with the Corrected Charizard as well. When I sold a few around the same time I got $100-$200 depending on condition but they have since shown to be more common with lower prices. Best bet to get a good price is keep your eyes peeled as someone will probably list one not knowing it is corrected. I got most all of mine for under $20

  6. #6
    What's the difference between the error version and the corrected version?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2592 View Post
    What's the difference between the error version and the corrected version?
    The corrected version says to discard all energy instead of all energy in the Roaring Flames attack text

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by soleosnip3rv2 View Post
    The corrected version says to discard all energy instead of all energy in the Roaring Flames attack text
    And the corrected one is worth more than the misprint? I can't find anything at all on eBay saying either misprint or correction or whatever.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2592 View Post
    And the corrected one is worth more than the misprint? I can't find anything at all on eBay saying either misprint or correction or whatever.
    The corrected one cost way more than the misprint.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by elam18 View Post
    The corrected one cost way more than the misprint.
    Okay, so, I've just realised that I've got one, but it has a bad crease on it and it's generally not in good shape.. Fml..

  11. #11
    LOL i got a badly crease misprint one....

  12. #12
    The only one's I can see on eBay are the ones with the fire symbol, the corrected one, but they're worth like Ł6-10 so I'm confused :S

    Can someone link to a site to buy the misprint and the corrected version please?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2592 View Post
    The only one's I can see on eBay are the ones with the fire symbol, the corrected one, but they're worth like Ł6-10 so I'm confused :S

    Can someone link to a site to buy the misprint and the corrected version please?
    Almost every single one I looked at on eBay had the symbol error. I found like 2 of the corrected versions, and they are going for $35+

    The corrected version is much, much more rare than the error version. WOTC did not catch this misprint until there were a large quantity of the cards already distributed. The error was fixed, but I assume not as many copies of the corrected version were made as the error version. I have no proof, but this is essentially the same situation as the corrected Vulpix HP error from the base set.
    Last edited by soleosnip3rv2; 02/02/2013 at 12:18 PM.

  14. #14
    Wow, I'm retarded.. Somehow, every time I've read this thread I've read the word Arcanine instead of Charizard..

  15. #15
    MarxForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    415
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Charizard_Authority View Post
    When I first starting selling them I got $50-$70 for the first 6 of them but price dropped off from there. I am unsure where they would be at the moment, I have a few in my store but that is just going off sales I had about a year ago.
    Wait...the Corrected Rocket's Minefield is worth some money?
    I just bought a stack of uncommon trainers for like 3 bucks, hoping to get a few things I was missing, and their were 2 corrected Rockets Minefield in the lot. So I said "cool", and just replaced the one in my binder. I mean I knew they existed, and were "rarer". But I was thinking like a buck...
    Looking for the classics, feel free to check out My Trading Post.

  16. #16
    abv150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hardinxveld-Giessendam Netherlands
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Charizard_Authority View Post
    When I first starting selling them I got $50-$70 for the first 6 of them but price dropped off from there. I am unsure where they would be at the moment, I have a few in my store but that is just going off sales I had about a year ago.

    It was similar with the Corrected Charizard as well. When I sold a few around the same time I got $100-$200 depending on condition but they have since shown to be more common with lower prices. Best bet to get a good price is keep your eyes peeled as someone will probably list one not knowing it is corrected. I got most all of mine for under $20
    Those prices are crazy, but back then there was a huge demand. They sold a normal Base Charizard for $ 80 in my local store and when the boxes arrived they sold out in one morning. Good old days...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarxForever View Post
    Wait...the Corrected Rocket's Minefield is worth some money?
    I just bought a stack of uncommon trainers for like 3 bucks, hoping to get a few things I was missing, and their were 2 corrected Rockets Minefield in the lot. So I said "cool", and just replaced the one in my binder. I mean I knew they existed, and were "rarer". But I was thinking like a buck...
    In all reality they may be worth $1, but I guess not many collector's knew of the correction when I threw those up for sale and I had several buyers. I still sell a few here and there for $20+. The only reason I picked a few up specifically was because I had 2 collectors asking for them so I do not think it was well known until the past couple years.

  18. #18
    MarxForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    415
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Charizard_Authority View Post
    In all reality they may be worth $1, but I guess not many collector's knew of the correction when I threw those up for sale and I had several buyers. I still sell a few here and there for $20+. The only reason I picked a few up specifically was because I had 2 collectors asking for them so I do not think it was well known until the past couple years.
    I was thinking about offering the extra one in my trade thread. Or possibly selling it. But I wouldn't even know where to begin. Looks like there aren't any completed listings on eBay either.
    I have a feeling it's "one of those", it's rare, but nobody cares...bummer.
    I'm still glad to have my own though.
    Looking for the classics, feel free to check out My Trading Post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •