Thread: Breeding hidden ability Problem, help?

Breeding hidden ability Problem, help?

I have a female politoed with the hidden ability, (drizzle). I've had it at the breeder with a male kingdra, and the hidden ability for poliwag won't show up. I've bred over 60 eggs. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

Just incase as with 60 you should have alot of them even with bad luck, are you aware that the poliwag's hidden ability is Swift swim and it will turn into drizzle once you turn it into a politoed?

Yes, all I have are poliwags with water absorb and damp.

Umm don't know what to say, save and close the game then reopen it(to change the random number), buy a lotto ticket(your luck has to turn good soon). I'm presuming its a legit Politoed that your breeding (not that i think it matters). Sorry i couldn't help

Blog Entries
    Images
    Pretty sure you have to use the same species, ie, two poliwags. I've passed on DW abilities by using two of the same species.

I tried that ever stone thing, but that only copies the nature, right? I've still had more of the same. As for the same species, I tried about ~36 with a male poliwhirl to no avail, ill evolve it to a politoed and see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks

Just FYI- I figured out the problem... I ended up getting a female poliwag with swift swim over the gts, and it breeds fine. I think it wasn't working before because politoed's ability is different from poliwag's, so it did not pass down.

Blog Entries
    Images
    That's not why. That's not how the game interprets abilities.

Just curious, what Pokemon did you breed it with?

I bred my female drizzle politoed with a male poliwhirl, kingdra, and another politoed. I hatched over 120 eggs...zero poliwags had swift swim.

Blog Entries
    Images
    I meant, when you finally passed the ability, which to Pokemon did you breed?

I think you just had some incredibly bad luck. As far as I know, the only known requirements to pass the abilities is that it comes from the female and you can't use ditto. There has been some speculation as to species, but nothing I've seen in stone.

Front Page News Editor pokemonrocks777's Avatar
    Images
    OP have you tried letting your female politoad hold an everstone i believe thats the item that lets you have the same ability... give that a try if not lmk
    City Champion 2009 3-Way Tie (2-1) Tyranitar/Weavile
    Nationals 2012 : 136th/1003 (6-3) Tornadus/Terrakion/Mew2
    Texas States 2013 Player: 23rd/235 (6-2): Terrakion EX/Terrakion/Pokedex/Ether/20 Fighting
    Texas States 2014: 15th/208 (some tie system): Thunderus EX/Deoxys EX/Kyurem/Genesect/Landorus.
    Back from the Silent World

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonrocks777 View Post
    OP have you tried letting your female politoad hold an everstone i believe thats the item that lets you have the same ability... give that a try if not lmk
    Everstone passes nature.

I cant wait til i get a female poliwag, i've been using a dodgy male("decent") one until i get one and then we can get to the bottom of this, everstone wont effect abilities, the male should not effect the abilities, and as far as i was aware the name of the ability shouldn't effect it(but I haven't read either way so i could be wrong) it should just be is it ability 1(20%), ability 2(20%) or ability 3(60% dream world).

I did try everstone, on about 20ish but it only passed the nature, as stated.

I bred a female poliwag with swift swim with a male politoed with damp. I've gotten a combination of all three of poliwag's abilities, mostly swift swim and damp over water absorb.