Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box revealed (as well as the set sell sheet)

4 Ace Specs, so this basically confirms Master Ball, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post
    The sleeves, like everything, are purple BG/gold Genesect outlines. IIRC they have the TCG and Plasma Storm logo in gold as well.
    I "thanked" already, but THANK YOU! for heading up such a great idea. I have a few simple questions though:
    • Is the plan for one of these every other set, or with each set?
    • Is there any chance of seeing the "bonus" materials switched up from time to time?
    • Are plastic damage counters(like available in Japan) an option for US release at all (Especially in relation to the previous question)?
    Co-Founder of Team Upset (cuz we're losin).
    Judge: FL Battle Roads '08-'13, FL CC's '08-'13, GA States '09, FL States '09 '10 '11 and '13.

Images
    And for the rookies out there (and Pokedads like me) what are "Card Dividers"?
    350th best in the Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by keniselvis View Post
    And for the rookies out there (and Pokedads like me) what are "Card Dividers"?
    Most likely: Cardboard dividers that you can use to sort your cards in the box. If there were only three I'd say to sort into Energy, Trainers, and Pokemon but with 5 of them I imagine they are better designed for sorting by deck or another grouping of cards.
    Judge: FL Battle Roads '08-'13, FL CC's '08-'13, GA States '09, FL States '09 '10 '11 and '13.

The sleeves, like everything, are purple BG/gold Genesect outlines. IIRC they have the TCG and Plasma Storm logo in gold as well.
    How does the sleeve quality compare to previous sleeves like the Prof sleeves or the p!p sleeves?
    2008 North American Professor Cup Champion
    Minnesota Furious Fists Prereleases || FREE Furious Fists Win-A-Box
    Bullados YouTube Channel
    If you happen to know of a USB, clip-on microphone, please let me know. Thank you!

Yeah for the dividers, extra pack, and for the sleeves love the design. Btw, no booklet I am guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Meanwhile, 100+ cards in Plasma Blast is... ugh... no. There is so much from Japan that we haven't gotten yet and I would hate to not see them get translated. So I really hope it isn't the last BW English set then, but the time tables are perfect for XY1 to come out in November here since Japan is getting a reprint set.
    I feel like it's pretty much a guarantee at this point that we aren't getting Shiny Collection and numerous other promos.

I, admittedly, don't really mind that. Nothing was competitively relevant, and I'd rather get X&Y sooner than later. It also has an added benefit of putting our release schedule much closer to Japan's, so stuff like this doesn't happen again!
    Follow me on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/xRaen

My Pokemon TCG YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/raenpokemon

Way to go exobyte excellent way that u did that survey and you collected knowledge from it and have now made an excellent product that I am more than willing to buy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    In each box you will find:
    • 8 Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast booster packs
    • 40 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
    • 2 acrylic condition markers
    • 6 damage-counter dice
    • A competition-legal coin-flip die
    • A player’s guide
    • 65 Plasma Blast card sleeves
    • 4 dividers
    • A collector’s box to hold everything
    MSRP $39.99
    Just four dividers.

Pokemon/Trainers/Supporters/Stadium

T/S/S/NRG?
    350th best in the Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by keniselvis View Post
    Just four dividers.

Pokemon/Trainers/Supporters/Stadium

T/S/S/NRG?
    Four dividers=five divisions.

Pokemon|Items|Supporters|Stadiums|Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
    The worst format is always the one we are playing currently.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsday24 View Post
    Sounds great, though I am sure the Plasma Blast logo will be on it instead of the Plasma Storm one.

Plenty of time to save some extra cash to get a couple of these. Thanks for all this ExoByte!
    Lol, yes, of course. Luckily I'm not on the design team to make these mistakes.

---------- Post added 05/31/2013 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bullados View Post
    How does the sleeve quality compare to previous sleeves like the Prof sleeves or the p!p sleeves?
    They're good sleeves. I'm not 100% but I think they're the same sock as the old prof. sleeves (with the 'silvered' interior).

---------- Post added 05/31/2013 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ApachePrime View Post
    I "thanked" already, but THANK YOU! for heading up such a great idea. I have a few simple questions though:
    • Is the plan for one of these every other set, or with each set?
    • Is there any chance of seeing the "bonus" materials switched up from time to time?
    • Are plastic damage counters(like available in Japan) an option for US release at all (Especially in relation to the previous question)?
    There will not be a Q4 ETB. Once we get a handle on the sales rate for the Plasma Storm and Plasma Blast versions, the plan is ***NO PROMISES NO PROMISES*** to do an ETB for each release starting Q1 '14. ***NO PROMISES NO PROMISES***

I really don't want to swap stuff around in this product, so you always know what you get in an ETB. Maybe in a year or two?

---------- Post added 05/31/2013 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Envoyofduels View Post
    Yeah for the dividers, extra pack, and for the sleeves love the design. Btw, no booklet I am guessing?
    Booklet is still there. It's a fairly cheap item that gives a lot of value to the less experienced player and the collector.
    -Have Fun!
    Dylan "ExoByte" Mayo
    TPCi, R&D
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPoke
    [the quick brown fox jumps over the 17 character dog]

Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe it's just me but I'm sad the sleeves won out over the improved deck box, I guess I'm probably one of the few who likes deck boxes more :(

The dividers seem a bit out of left field, don't recall that in the survey, and I'm not really sure what you divide with them? Unless they're literally some fancy divider for use in the box?

Still, +1 pack is nice.
    Shameless self-promotion:

Interested in the VGC? Want to be the best you can be? Check out my VGC Teambuilding guide here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158669

Quote Originally Posted by Regis_Neo View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I'm sad the sleeves won out over the improved deck box, I guess I'm probably one of the few who likes deck boxes more :(

The dividers seem a bit out of left field, don't recall that in the survey, and I'm not really sure what you divide with them? Unless they're literally some fancy divider for use in the box?

Still, +1 pack is nice.
    I think the vast majority wanted sleeves over deck box

There will not be a Q4 ETB. Once we get a handle on the sales rate for the Plasma Storm and Plasma Blast versions, the plan is ***NO PROMISES NO PROMISES*** to do an ETB for each release starting Q1 '14. ***NO PROMISES NO PROMISES***

I really don't want to swap stuff around in this product, so you always know what you get in an ETB. Maybe in a year or two?
    Nice! Thank you for helping with expectations. Thank you for openly communicating. I wish everyone understood that things don't always go to plan, but NO PROMISES should lay out those expectations VERY nicely.

;) You very deftly avoided the damage counter question again though. Is that not something any official entity has cared to look at?

Images
    Please, everyone, let me know your reaction to the coloring.
    Absolutely love the changes! We bought enough of the prior trainer boxes and cut out the energy symbols to stick on the boxes to know what each box had. It would be fantastic if after a full run of these boxes that all of colors for the matching energy types would be on the boxes especially if the plan is to release them out each release. Thanks for listening to us and having this open communication! Count me in for a few boxes each release

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Meanwhile, 100+ cards in Plasma Blast is... ugh... no. There is so much from Japan that we haven't gotten yet and I would hate to not see them get translated. So I really hope it isn't the last BW English set then, but the time tables are perfect for XY1 to come out in November here since Japan is getting a reprint set.
    Yeah this irks me. I made a list a while back that had 136 cards on it. The fact that so many of those are getting cut is just awful. Incidentally, it had 6 regular EXes and 5 FA-EXes. Initially I posted this saying that I didn't think that's what they meant, but since Exo said that it is, I have rectified that. It fits perfectly. It'll be the 5 from Megalo Cannon plus the Kyurem.

I didnt pick up the Storm box since I couldnt justify only getting damage counters, dice, booklet, energies(which i dont need- im a beginning collector) and 7 packs.

I already thanked Exobyte, but Im going to extend my gratitude by pre ordering 2 of these when it becomes available! I dont need the sleeves but Im extremely happy that they are there, and the extra pack is a nice bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by AnUnown View Post
    I think the vast majority wanted sleeves over deck box
    At my LGS, an ultra pro deck box is cheaper than a pack of 50 ultra pro sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis_Neo View Post

Still, +1 pack is nice.
    Yea, the deck boxes are easier to find than sleeves. Pre-release already has deck boxes, and Ultra Pro ones are very cheap at comic shops + target/mejier/etc. Sleeves at the moment can only be found in Comic book shops, and come in sets of 50 which is useless. (buying 2 gets you 100 and you have 10 extras and 30 useless sleeves).

Having Pokemon Sleeves is best, and the extra pack could give you an opportunity to get your money back with a decent pull.
    UNOFFICIALLY OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF TEAM SHINANIGANS

Co-League Organizer 12 Oaks Mall (League running for over 10 years!)

Blog Entries
    Images
    If these actually make it to my Walmart, I will get one :)
    I am from CANADA
    Trusted pokémon community member since 2010. If you see me around, feel free to say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Yea, the deck boxes are easier to find than sleeves. Pre-release already has deck boxes, and Ultra Pro ones are very cheap at comic shops + target/mejier/etc. Sleeves at the moment can only be found in Comic book shops, and come in sets of 50 which is useless. (buying 2 gets you 100 and you have 10 extras and 30 useless sleeves).

Having Pokemon Sleeves is best, and the extra pack could give you an opportunity to get your money back with a decent pull.
    ...that is, if these sleeves that come with the ETB don't rip on you. Man, when that happens, I'd take the plastic deck box... unless they break too, then I'd take a rubber cloth playmat, unless that breaks too...

and the cycle continues.

I'm glad that the ETB tries to be different from the MTG fat pack. The way WoW TCG does their epic collection is that they include a deckbox and a cloth playmat, and I haven't used either, but they are pretty nice.

Maybe for future ETB's, they can do a rotation? The 40 energy pack has to stay for all of them though, so maybe sleeves, plastic deck box, sleeves, rubber playmat, in that order, if they decide to do 4 a year?

Quote Originally Posted by signofzeta View Post
    ...that is, if these sleeves that come with the ETB don't rip on you. Man, when that happens, I'd take the plastic deck box... unless they break too, then I'd take a rubber cloth playmat, unless that breaks too...

and the cycle continues.

I'm glad that the ETB tries to be different from the MTG fat pack. The way WoW TCG does their epic collection is that they include a deckbox and a cloth playmat, and I haven't used either, but they are pretty nice.

Maybe for future ETB's, they can do a rotation? The 40 energy pack has to stay for all of them though, so maybe sleeves, plastic deck box, sleeves, rubber playmat, in that order, if they decide to do 4 a year?
    that's why I'm happy it comes with 65. 5 extra in case any tears. If you go through these fast, you're shuffling/taking care of them wrong.
    UNOFFICIALLY OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF TEAM SHINANIGANS

Co-League Organizer 12 Oaks Mall (League running for over 10 years!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    that's why I'm happy it comes with 65. 5 extra in case any tears. If you go through these fast, you're shuffling/taking care of them wrong.
    If these sleeves rip, and I take care of them the same way I take care of ultra pros, then I feel the sleeves would be a ripoff. Sleeves rip, ripoff, hahahaha.

Don't even play TCG anymore but I am gonna pick one up for sure, looks too tempting not to. Good work!
    Aaron Zheng | VGC player | Two time Regional & National Champion | 2013 Worlds 3rd Place | @CybertronVGC

Booklet is still there. It's a fairly cheap item that gives a lot of value to the less experienced player and the collector.
    Sweet, I like little knit knacks like that :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast