Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pull Rates for Plasma Blast

Pull Rates for Plasma Blast

Hello all,

I don't know if there is a thread already made for the pull rates of Plasma Blast but I thought I would start one.

At the prerelease I went to today, out of 14 players only 3-4 EXs were pulled, 2 SRs, and 2-3 Ace Specs. I am very troubled by this. It seems that there is not a lot of distribution of EXs in the booster boxes. To prove my point even more, here's what I got in my booster box:

• Kyurem EX
    • FA Iris
    • G Booster
    • G Scope

In regards to rares, I got multiples of some (2-3 Volcaronas, 2-3 Machamps (of both varieties), etc.). I did get quite a few good trainers: 2 Catchers, 3 Rare Candies, 4 Ultra Balls, 4 Juniper, and a bunch of the others.

I'm curious as to what everyone else gets.

Pull rates for the past couple sets have been super up and down, like last set i had a box where i got 5 ex's and another where i only got 2, i'm very frightened that a box with just one ex was put into circulation though
    2011 Great Lakes Fall Regional Champion
    T8 2012 USA Nationals
    T64 2011 and 2013 USA Nationals

one of the boxes at my prerelease had 3 genesect EX (2 reg 1 FA) and 1 FA Dialga.
    Senior Canadian National Champion 2013
    575 CP
    Accomplishments
    1st Place Canadian Nationals 2013 2 Top 4 Regional Championships 2 Top 16 Regional Championships 1 Top 2 Provincial Championships 1 Top 4 Provincial Championships

One box at ours had Jirachi FA EX, Iris FA, Dialga EX <-all those one guy) , Virizion EX (mine), Genesect EX, and one ACE spec idk.
    UNOFFICIALLY OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF TEAM SHINANIGANS

Co-League Organizer 12 Oaks Mall (League running for over 10 years!)

Phenomenal Pull Rates so far..

2 pre-releases I participated in.. everyone was pulling gold, just wonderful stuff.

1st pre for me; Genesect EX, Iris FA, Virizion FA, Ultra Ball, Catcher, Junipers, Bangles, etc.

2nd pre; Genesect EX, FA Iris, FA Jirachi, Junipers, Mirrors, Bangles, etc.

a lot of great uncommmons, etc in this set also.. it shouldn't get much hate.

People were pulling SRs all day, and Dialga and Palkia were all over the place as well.

Of course, everyone.. and I mean everyone kept asking each other if they wanted to trade their Gene/Virizion, but oh well. That's for a different thread.

I saw every SR, but SR Rare Candy once. Man.. so many kids got ripped off today lol.

Images
    Guess we got the opposite set of boxes - very few people were pulling anything at our prerelease today (i'm curious how you attended 2 since they just started today). But those that did pull stuff pulled multiples! 4-5 people got absolutely nothing. The rest got 2 EXes. Or EX and Shining. Even 1 pulled 3 EXes!
    The Compendium
    "We are not purposely trying to mess with your minds." - DMTM
    Indentifier of the Magby Rule.
    Diamond & Pearl H/W
    You'd be crazy not to attend the New England Regional Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ763 View Post
    Guess we got the opposite set of boxes - very few people were pulling anything at our prerelease today (i'm curious how you attended 2 since they just started today). But those that did pull stuff pulled multiples! 4-5 people got absolutely nothing. The rest got 2 EXes. Or EX and Shining. Even 1 pulled 3 EXes!
    One in the morning at 11:00, and another at 4:00 pm later that day relatively close to the first event. I was going to go to two, but opted to go to one and do a draft afterwards for a chance at more packs and didn't have the time to get to the other :(. There are still a few others though coming up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    My trades (Check it out! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by The Supes View Post
    There's something I could say about tentacles in relation to what this card can do, but it's unfit for this forum.

Yes. I agree with what was posted. It did seem like the same people were the only lucky ones. But te event was just flooded with riches. Either way.

I felt bad for my table of 6, as both times I was the only one who was handed the good 6 pack. Except for the odd pack from 1 player that got either an Ace Spec or a shiny (Dusknoir)

Btw. I went to one location, prerelease at 9am, then again at 1pm. Typical pre release times.

I skipped the $15 draft, too many quality uncommons etc that I wouldn't want to pass off.

Out of one box:

Virizion EX
    Genesect EX
    FA Iris
    Master Ball

All on the left side. The best card on the right side was a reverse Candy. :0

This prerelease seemed really uneven. A bunch of players got absolutely nothing, and a bunch more got 3 URs in their first 6 packs.
    When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.
    Currently running: Are you sure you have enough dice? 38-22

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    Out of one box:

Virizion EX
    Genesect EX
    FA Iris
    Master Ball

All on the left side. The best card on the right side was a reverse Candy. :0

This prerelease seemed really uneven. A bunch of players got absolutely nothing, and a bunch more got 3 URs in their first 6 packs.
    Hmmm, interesting. All of my good pulls were on the left side too.

In my group of three:
    Flight one:
    Scoop Up Cyclone
    Master Ball
    G Scope
    Virizion EX
    FA Iris

Flight 2:
    Virizion EX Fa
    Dialga EX
    Palkia EX FA
    Genesect EX

So yeah. Good pulls all around.

Images
    Opened a box.

4 Catcher
    1 Reverse Halo Catcher
    Genesect EX Full Art
    Genesect EX
    Dialga EX
    G Scope
    IRIS Full Art
    Palkia EX
    Pokeplayer
    Washington State PTO

1 Box:

FA Iris
    Master Ball
    G-Booster
    Jirachi EX
    2 Catchers

The first four were ALL on the right side--which is very odd to me.

Played in two prereleases and only got a G-Booster.

I participated in opening 2 boxes

Box 1:
    Virizion EX
    Genesect EX
    Dialga EX
    Virizion EX FA
    Jirachi EX FA
    Palkia EX FA
    Scoop Up Cyclone

Box 2:
    Palkia EX
    Palkia EX FA
    Master Ball
    Shiny Dusknoir

Very uneven pulls. In the first box, one set of 6 packs had FA Virizion, FA Jirachi and Dialga. In the second box, my 6 packs had the Palkia EX and Shiny Dusknoir.

Also, 2 Catcher were pulled in each box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mune View Post
    William Hung played this card. She-bang
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyFigter View Post
    Pokemon National Championships: the only North American event you must walk through jail to get to.

Images
    So I guess I'm not buying this set either. What is up with these inconstant boxes. they need to go back to pull ratios so they are worth buying again.
    Times like this make you wish you had Energy Switch.

I've seen 3 boxes with no FA in any box. And some with 6 EX + Ace Spec. 1 EX + Gold Candy.
    Chris Silver
    AIM: vxt0yzruskidxv
    XBL: truKeffect

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon View Post
    So I guess I'm not buying this set either. What is up with these inconstant boxes. they need to go back to pull ratios so they are worth buying again.
    Not that this is TCPi's fault, but the UltraPro set portfolios not being released for at least a month after the set now, leaving me with a bunch of cards in their packs hanging around everywhere, kind of sours me on bothering to collect them as well.

Welp, I'm already prepared for not getting any full arts in my box. Again.

I think you best bet to determine what the ratios will be to shell out money would be for a case (6 boxes)

btw, is $85 a box worth it for plasma blast? with the current inconsistency's? im very curious now

just food for thought.
    Last edited by zkingone; 07/30/2013 at 12:02 AM.

Images
    all booster boxes should have 4 normal ex, 2-3 full arts and 2 ace specs. they would be worth the price at that point but buy a box with 1 ex in it is inexcusable.

I fell another change petition coming on.
    Times like this make you wish you had Energy Switch.

yes, im down for this petition if it turn into something physical, based on my pre-release alone, i pulled none of the above from 16 packs of plasma blast. the variance in EX specially, i think should be one in every 6 at most 8. Buying multiple cases might be then a bigger gamble with plasma blast, i guess we will all know around august 14th.

all booster boxes should have 4 normal ex, 2-3 full arts and 2 ace specs. they would be worth the price at that point but buy a box with 1 ex in it is inexcusable.

Ratios were changed from a per box basis to a per case basis around Dragons Exalted.

Someone from Pokebeach talked to someone from TPCi and they gave us some BS about "the sense of wonder" when you open up a more randomized booster. You get that sense of wonder when you buy random boosters from retailers, but when you're buying booster boxes you're looking for a return, at the very least breaking even.

If you don't want to gamble, buy a case. You will get around 11-13 EX's, 8-10 FA's, 2-3 SR, 6-9 Ace Specs.

Otherwise, you're stuck with inconsistent boxes. You might get a terrible box, but another box from that same case will be amazing.

In all honesty, if we weren't complaining about the low rate on Ultra rares, we would be complaining about the pull rates on money cards.

Last set everyone was all pissy that they weren't getting 3-3 of Deoxys Thundurus in their boxes. Andif it wasn't that, it was the inconsistent ultra rare to pack ratio.If anyone is really trying to build a deck or collect, just buy singles if you're worried about boxes.
    Last edited by RyuAmph; 07/30/2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by RyuAmph View Post
    In all honesty, if we weren't complaining about the low rate on Ultra rares, we would be complaining about the pull rates on money cards.

Last set everyone was all pissy that they weren't getting 3-3 of Deoxys Thundurus in their boxes.
    No they weren't LOL. Pull rates were garbage for that set too. Source please.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    My trades (Check it out! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by The Supes View Post
    There's something I could say about tentacles in relation to what this card can do, but it's unfit for this forum.

I have to agree with this. If I got a box with 4 ex, 2 FA, 2 Ace Specs I'd be thrilled. I MUCH prefer that to the chance of getting a super box or a terrible box.

With Plasma Freeze I traded some boxes for bulk to people at my league. Both people pulled absolute junk.. one of them I believe got only 1 ex! That's unacceptable.

That also means that a more unscrupulous person could just open boxes in a case, and if they open a really good box or two, they just sell the remaining ones since they'll like have junk.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast