Thread: Compendium Updates for January 5th, 2017

Compendium Publishing Assistant PKM4's Avatar
    Images

Compendium Updates for January 5th, 2017

Last edited: Thursday, January 5th, 2017

(Added December 8th & January 5th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|

|

* December 8th, 2016 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

* December 15th, 2016 -- No New Rulings!! --

* December 22nd, 2016 thru December 29th 2016 -- NO MEETINGS (Christmas & New Year Break) --

* January 5th, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BODYGUARD (Marowak - XY: Fates Collide)

Q. If I used Volcanion EX's "Volcanic Heat" attack last turn, then on this turn I play Marowak and use its "Bodyguard" ability that says to "remove any existing effects", does that mean I can use Volcanion EX's "Volcanic Heat" attack on this turn?

A. Sorry, but no. You can only remove effects that were done by your opponent's Pokemon, not effects done by your own Pokemon. (Dec 8, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

== FRIGHT NIGHT (Yveltal - XY: BREAKthrough)

Q. If my Yveltal with "Fright Night" Ability gets KO'd, am I then able to use Exp.Share on one of my Benched Pokemon to recover one of Yveltal's Basic Energy cards?

A. Sorry, but no. Fright Night would still be working so Exp.Share would not enable before Yveltal hits the Discard Pile. (Jan 5, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPACE BEACON (Starmie - XY: Evolutions)

Q. Can I use Starmie's "Space Beacon" Ability to discard a card from my hand if there are no Basic Energies in my Discard Pile?

A. Yes you can. The first part of Space Beacon is to discard a card from your hand, period. Then you do as much of the rest of the Ability as you are able to. (Jan 5, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

* ATTACKS IN GENERAL

Q. Can I have Clefairy's "Metronome" copy a GX attack, and if so does it use up my "one GX attack per game"?

A. Yes you can, and yes it does. Also if you’ve already used your GX attack for the game, then you cannot choose a GX attack with Metronome. (Jan 5, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== ABYSSAL SLEEP (Darkrai - Promo)

Q. If Darkrai attacks with "Abyssal Sleep", can Pokemon Ranger clear the effect of flipping 2 coins when Asleep?

A. Asleep, Poisoned, etc. are Special Conditions, regardless of how many coins you need to flip or how much damage the poison condition does. Therefore they are not altered by Pokemon Ranger. (Nov 10, 2016 TPCi Rules Team; Dec 8, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== EXP.SHARE (XY: Primal Clash)

Q. If my Yveltal with "Fright Night" Ability gets KO'd, am I then able to use Exp.Share on one of my Benched Pokemon to recover one of Yveltal's Basic Energy cards?

A. Sorry, but no. Fright Night would still be working so Exp.Share would not enable before Yveltal hits the Discard Pile. (Jan 5, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== POKEMON RANGER (XY: Steam Siege)

Q. If Darkrai attacks with "Abyssal Sleep", can Pokemon Ranger clear the effect of flipping 2 coins when Asleep?

A. Asleep, Poisoned, etc. are Special Conditions, regardless of how many coins you need to flip or how much damage the poison condition does. Therefore they are not altered by Pokemon Ranger. (Nov 10, 2016 TPCi Rules Team; Dec 8, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

2. These members say thanks for this post:

FREAKAZOID175 (01/17/2017), Otaku (01/16/2017)