Thread: SUM Dragonair's Dragon's Wish and attaching energy ANY TIME before turn ends

Images

SUM Dragonair's Dragon's Wish and attaching energy ANY TIME before turn ends

Dragon's Wish reads, "During your next turn, you may attach and number of Energy cards from your hand to your Pokemon."

Earlier ruling:
    == DRAGON's WISH (Dragonair - SM:Sun & Moon)

Q. On the turn after using Dragonair's "Dragon's Wish" attack, when I attach any number of Energy cards from my hand do I have to attach them all at once, or can I attach them whenever I want during my turn?

A. You do not have to attach them all at once. You can attach them from your hand whenever you like during the duration of your turn following Dragon's Wish. (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Would that include any Energy cards placed in your hand from the effect of an attack, whether it be by drawing, searching, or retrieving from the discard pile?

EDIT: Or since the effect of the attack ends once the new Energy cards make it to the hand, the turn immediately ends with no time to put down Energy?
    Last edited by Asrialys; 04/16/2017 at 05:33 PM.

Images
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by "the effect of the attack ends once the new Energy cards make it to the hand".
    That is not part of the effect.
    The attack and ruling mean what they say.
    ANY TIME during your turn (before you attack), you can attach ANY NUMBER of energy cards to ANY of your Pokemon.
    Any time during the turn.
    Any energy cards.
    Any Pokemon.
    Again and again.
    Until you attack or pass for the turn.
    There is nothing short of the play of Pokemon Ranger or something like that that will shut this effect off.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

3. This member says thanks for this post:

Otaku (06/27/2017)