Thread: Mallow and Improper Game Flow

Images

Mallow and Improper Game Flow

Player A plays Mallow as the turn's Supporter, searching out two cards. Player A shuffles his or her deck, then, instead of offering Player B a chance to cut the deck, simply puts the two cards on top of the deck. Player B, instead of calling a judge, cuts the deck, thus negating the effect of the Supporter. Player A calls a judge for Player B's actions.

If both players give the same story, how should this be ruled upon? My best guess in this situation is that Player A should have the chance to replay the situation, with an offer to cut for Player B, but this would allow Player A to select cards potentially different than the original two cards.
    New to the game? Want to learn how to improve your deck-building with just two theme decks?
    Check out I Double Theme Decks!

I Play Theme Decks 2010 Finalist

Images
    That may be, but why would they? And how would you determine if they did or not.
    Given that it was the opponent that misplayed, I would not punish Player 1 for the opponent's error.
    What's the other option - make Player 1 lose all of the benefit of playing the trainer?
    I don't see that as fair.
    He gets to replay the Trainer.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009

Images
    In this situation, I would say both players misplayed; is it not the responsibility of Player A to offer Player B a chance to cut/counter-shuffle before placing the cards atop his or her deck?
    New to the game? Want to learn how to improve your deck-building with just two theme decks?
    Check out I Double Theme Decks!

I Play Theme Decks 2010 Finalist

Images
    Well, yes, there is that, too.

Penalties and Game State fixes are two different things, though and one shouldn't impact the other.

The penalty for not offering to cut could be a Game Play Minor in most cases.

But that doesn't mean that the player should forfeit the actual effect of the play of the trainer.
    Rules Team Member / Member of Team Compendium - The Pokemon Rulings Compendium - Co-Owner of PokeGym.net
    Premiere Tournament Organizer
    Invited to Judge every US National Championship and World Championship
    Masters Head Judge TCG World Championship 2010 - Seniors Head Judge US Nationals 2009