Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: International OP: Q & A...

International OP: Q & A...

Hello Everyone:

I wanted to start a thread for our International OP players, that would allow them to post Questions, and what I will do is forward questions on to International OP, in HOPES that all such questions get answered in a reasonable timeframe.

I had received a few e-mails from International OP yesterday, so what I will do, is post the question, and the subsequent response from PUI here.

Q1: When is the official START Date for International OP?

A1: We are planning the official launch of the International OP program on
    December 1st but currently
    have materials available to our distributors to fill the void.

With that said, all International OP will be coordinated by the
    International OP Representative at
    Pokmon USA, Inc.

Q2: How do international professors and TO's obtain league and sanctioning materials?

A2: All sanctioning and distribution of materials will be handled by the
    local distributors. For
    International OP, the local distributor will coordinating all OP
    activities in their country. So
    going forward, organizers and professors should be contacting their
    local distributors for all
    local information. The distributors should also be the point of contact
    for all local feedback and
    issues.

Q3: How do I get in contact with my local distributor?

A3: We are in the process of finalizing the details with all of our local
    distributor and they should
    be able to get organizers what they need in the coming weeks. At this
    time, I do not have all the
    contact info for you, but I should have that information in the coming
    days. Please check back
    either by email or on our website
    http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/international.html shortly for the
    updated local distributor contact info. (Author NOTE: I will be following up on this in about 14 days time.)

Q4:I have heard that 30 league kits were sent with the International OP team to Europe, however no leagues and/or TO's have not received nor seen any such kits to date, what is the status of these kits?

A4:The kits you are referring to were distributor samples and were in no
    way meant for organizers.
    Materials will be available shortly through the local distributors for
    organizer use.

Thanks again and hopefully this helps.

International Organized Play
    Pokmon USA, Inc.

Please post your Questions here, and I will forward them accordingly, and any responses I receive I will post to this forum.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Q. What do we have to do, in order to get a local distributor listed on the web page. Currently Mexico has NO local distributor and we would like to know, what are the steps to follow, to get a Mexican local distributor listed.

Q. What about distributors that skip all ways of communicating with Professors/Organizers? That don't answer to emails and phone calls? It's impossible to plan and announce to players anything if some distributors don't want to work withpeople who actually run Organized Play.
    Marcello-Milord!
    * #1 Nidoking trainer * POP Manager for Italy
    * Pokémon Professor * A Great Fake card Master
    http://www.pokemon-gcc.it

I wish I could do something here and do something about those distributors who refuse to answer you. I think it's outrageous that they don't even reply the tiniest little e-mail or phone call, and they should be ashamed.
    PTO for Norway, Player, Translator, Judge and long-time Pokémaniac. Former webmaster for Norway's official Pokémon website, 2003 through 2011. Staff at the Pokémon World Championships 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. TO for Norway Nationals in 2003 through 2012. Head Judge at Denmark Nationals 2009, 2010 & 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello-Milord
    Q. What about distributors that skip all ways of communicating with Professors/Organizers? That don't answer to emails and phone calls? It's impossible to plan and announce to players anything if some distributors don't want to work withpeople who actually run Organized Play.
    Marcello-Milord:

This is a TOP priority for me, as of right NOW! If you would, please provide me with the name of the company you have called, and most recent occurances, and what you had asked of them. Please e-mail me at Skywolf1@pokeschool.com or AIM me at Skywolf9683.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Marsh Schneidau
    (aka Skywolf1)
    Skywolf1@pokeschool.com

I too recieved the same email ..

the part that concerns me is this ...

Only after organizers are approved by their local distributors and their events are sanctioned can they be listed on our site.
    So don't fall out with the distributors guys and gals ;)
    Last edited by ukpokemonpro; 10/21/2003 at 10:11 AM.
    Find Pokemon in South East London, Surrey and Kent at the Gamers Guild

Best news I've heard since I threw up my lunch..

[QUOTE=Skywolf1]
    This is a TOP priority for me, as of right NOW! If you would, please provide me with the name of the company you have called, and most recent occurances, and what you had asked of them. Please e-mail me at Skywolf1@pokeschool.com or AIM me at Skywolf9683.

Well done Skywolf1!
    As Marcello told you we need your help here in Italy.
    I send more than one email to our distributor and many phone....
    NO REPLY..... Sigh
    We trust in you.... hopeful...

Hello Everyone:

Here is what has been sent to International OP thusfar:

Hello International Organized Play Team:

In order to help facilitate a "smoother" transition between Pokemon USA, Inc., International Distributors, and Players/Professors and Tournament Organizers within the International Community, I have started a thread on a popular and very frequented Pokemon message forum commonly referred to as "The PokeGym".

In this thread, I have set up a question and answer area, where international player can voice their concerns and/or issues on various aspects of International play, in order to, like I had stated earlier, facilitate a "smoother" transition between all three entities.

I realize and understand your time constrains, and don't expect responses immediately, but within a reasonable amount of time as your schedules warrant. It is my hope that I can cut down on duplicate e-mail requests to International OP, by having players ask their questions, and I post them directly to you, and when you have time, answer questions to the best of your ability, and then I post the subsequent answers on the Pokegym "International Q & A" message thread.

This will also be able to let the International OP team know what is going on with regards to distributor issues, so that any "problem areas" maybe addressed quickly.

For reference purposes, I have included a link to this thread:

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=2053

I have two questions I would like to put to the International OP team Today, 21, October 2003.

Q1: What do we have to do, in order to get a local distributor listed on the web page. Currently Mexico has NO local distributor and we would like to know, what are the steps to follow, to get a Mexican local distributor listed.

Q2: What about distributors that skip all ways of communicating with Professors/Organizers? That don't answer to emails and phone calls? It's impossible to plan and announce to players anything if some distributors don't want to work withpeople who actually run Organized Play.

Question 2, really disturbes me a great deal. The person who had submitted this question, I know to be a very strong supporter for the Pokemon TCG in Italy. He is very recognized for the work that he has done in that area, and has been treated very poorly when trying to make legitimate queries as to the status of OP in Italy.

In fact, I will include his e-mail to me detailing exactly what happend here, because this doesn't bode very well for the future of the game, that I know Nintendo and PUI have very high hopes for:

The name of the company is Nexus Editrice s.r.l.(www.nexusgames.com or www.kaosonline.it).
    They are responsibles for OP, translations and distribution of Pokémon-e TCG for Italy, while another company is for mass-market distribution.

Here's what happened:

I tried to call them after they diffused a press release about their involvment in Pokémon (this press release was sent on October, 14th).

Quote:
    NEXUS EDITRICE S.r.l. is proud to announce you that an agreement is established with the american Pokémon Company, and for that NEXUS EDITRICE S.r.l. will be the official distributor, for the italian market, of the Pokémon Trading Card game. For the agreement established, NEXUS will distribute the new Pokémon TCG expansions, will care about organized play and translate the new game sets in italian language.
    So, after reading that, I talked with my fellow italian Professors. The next day, I sent an email to them.
    A little sum of that email

Quote:
    Hi.
    I'm Marcello Murgia, Pokémon Master Professor and Tournament Organizer.
    I read your press release where you talk about your involvment in Pokémon-e Trading Card Game.
    Besides the distribution [...] you say also that you are charged of the Organized Play too.
    [...]
    What the italian Pokémon community would know, is when Organized Play start is scheduled. [...]
    A lot of shop-keepers don't want to have unofficial OP activities (that Professors keep running thanks to a big prize support given by Wizards of the Coast USA), because they want to have official activities, and they wait for the new League.
    But a lot of players are leaving the game, taking interest in Beyblade, MTG, but first of all Yu-Gi-Oh!
    With a good collaboration between your OP staff and the Professors from all parts of Italy, I'm sure that we can end up with a good, fast and everywhere-based launch of the Pokémon-e Organized Play.
    I hope you can answer to my questions, because they are the same questions that all italian players are asking for.
    [...]
    Next day, I tried to telephone to this company.
    A girl answered. When I asked for OP things about Pokémon, she said that the responsible was the manager (???), but it was busy with another phone call. She told me to try later.
    I tried later, but this guy was busy in a meeting. She asked for my telephone number, telling me that - when he finished the meeting - he should have contacted me.
    He don't have called me.
    I tried the next day.
    First call: this guy was eating. I tried later.
    Second call: he was out. The same woman said hat she had my number, but she asked to repeat the number, and - when the manager come back - he should have contacted me.
    I never received any call.

A fellow professor tried to email, but he never received an answer too.

Please help us to find a way to communicate with these people. I thinked to contact directly International OP staff, but - at this point - I think you have more chances than me to receive an helping hand from PUI.

Thanks again for your support and help

Best regards
    Marcello "Milord" Murgia

I am sure the International OP team will agree, that this sort of treatment by a distributor towards a stout supporter of the game, is CLEARLY and UNQUESTIONABLY UNACCEPTABLE!!

I would apprecriate, at your first conveinence if you could please investigate this matter further and take whatever corrective actions need to be taken to ensure the current and future success of the Pokemon Trading Card Game in Italy, and also obtaining distributor support for Mexico.

Regards,

Marsh Schneidau
    (aka Skywolf1)
    Skywolf1@pokeschool.com

Thanks Marsh, you're really a big supporter... Thank you so much!
    Now we'll have to wait and see... As MTM said a lot of times ^^;;

PS eheh it would be funny to have a Skywolf supporter trainer card ^_^ If I had a photo... ^^;
    Marcello-Milord!

Wow someone who has no need to actually worries and acts on behalf of others, now, you see, that is what I love of pokemon, the chance of meeting a person like this, keep up the good work, and truly hope Mexico gets a distributor fast.

Ives, I may have missed if you have already answered the following.

Where do you buy your boosters from at the moment?

Hello Everyone, just to give all of you an update, I haven't heard anything from International OP YET, I expect to very soon.

Thank-you all for being so patient. :)

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Hey Marsh it's only been like 2 days matey they will need another week or so yet .. ;)

Images
    Skywolf1, since you are still waiting for the response from them is it OK if you will also ask why the cards given in the first two leagues are reprints of R&S and the only difference is the artwork anf if they are planning to print "real" promos. If it is OK. Thanks :)
    The Pokemon TCG is my first TCG and to me it is....INCREDIBLE!!!!
    I have known some games by how they are played. But it seems Pokemon is the game I can really enjoy.
    Some of my friends tell me that I never look like a college teacher (looks no, but brains....perhaps!! ;) )

Raymond: they have no answer on that one. They're just following the Japanese Promos, and the first R/S promos there were the starter Pokémon with changed art that we got now. There will be some nice Promos later. :)
    PTO for Norway, Player, Translator, Judge and long-time Pokémaniac. Former webmaster for Norway's official Pokémon website, 2003 through 2011. Staff at the Pokémon World Championships 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. TO for Norway Nationals in 2003 through 2012. Head Judge at Denmark Nationals 2009, 2010 & 2012.

Images
    I need to know something.
    Are there rules for running a prerelease event.
    I mean, do you need to be a former TO or having an actual running league to organize one. Or is it possible that stores who never had league just can do a prerelease event.

Looks like our OP will start in the UK on 1 Dec with possible small supply of promos to see us through till then! :D At last it looks like we might be getting somewhere! All of our e-mails,phone calls etc might have done some good!
    Martin 'TheGame' Banham
    Gym Leader & PTO
    Judge UK Nationals 2004
    Head Judge UK Nationals 2005/2006
    TO and Judge for City's & States 2004/2005/2006

Quoting from the International OP mail:

Thanks for the email.

To answer your questions:

1) PUI distributes TCG product outside of North America and Japan.
    Since Mexico is part of North America, TCG product is distributed by
    Nintendo. More information about Nintendo distribution can be found at
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/index.jsp#cards.
    For POP in Mexico, more information can be found at
    http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/

2) PUI is still working out the POP details with some of our local
    distributors. During this time, the local distributors might not have
    the information being requested. Please be patient with us and the
    distributor while the systems are being put in place and the information
    becomes available. We are working with these distributors to re-open
    the lines of communication. They realize that your support is greatly
    needed in order for POP to succeed.

Thanks again.

International Organized Play
    Pokémon USA, Inc.

---

So Mexico in in charge of Nintendo.

And italian distributor actually has NO PLANS about OP, which is worst than having them and don't answer.
    Hoping that at least there'll be the Dragon prerelease....but I doubt so :\
    Marcello-Milord!

Marcello,

Even if the Italian distributor has no plan yet, it's not a reason for not answering.
    Saying that he's waiting for info is an answer too.
    Not answering is a simple question of respect !!!
    OP Coordinator France
    http://www.pokemon-jcc.com

You're right Michel, I think the same thing.

Now I don't write anykmore to these people... until PUI announces that plans are ready. It's useless, a loss of money. And I prefer using my euros for other things than calling continuously the other side of the Italy.
    Marcello-Milord!

I think respect would have been earned if Jarrod took the time to email the International professors direct and let us in on as much of the picture as he can for each country.

It would be good to know which countries have distributors who have signed up to the programme, which countries have no distributor willing to sign up and which are still negotiating.

At least that way we could begin to plan how to cover areas where a distributor will not!

Hello Everyone:

I heard back from International OP late yesterday, and so let me post the answers as they were
    given to me.

Question asked by Mudkip and Ives Roundtree:

Q1: What do we have to do, in order to get a local distributor listed on
    the web page. Currently Mexico has NO local distributor and we would
    like to know, what are the steps to follow, to get a Mexican local
    distributor listed.

A1: PUI distributes TCG product outside of North America and Japan.
    Since Mexico is part of North America, TCG product is distributed by
    Nintendo. More information about Nintendo distribution can be found at
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/index.jsp#cards.
    For POP in Mexico, more information can be found at
    http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/

Question Asked by Marcello-Milord:

Q2: What about distributors that skip all ways of communicating with
    Professors/Organizers? That don't answer to emails and phone calls? It's
    impossible to plan and announce to players anything if some distributors
    don't want to work withpeople who actually run Organized Play.

A2: PUI is still working out the POP details with some of our local
    distributors. During this time, the local distributors might not have
    the information being requested. Please be patient with us and the
    distributor while the systems are being put in place and the information
    becomes available. We are working with these distributors to re-open
    the lines of communication. They realize that your support is greatly
    needed in order for POP to succeed.

Remember, if anyone has anymore questions, please post them here, and I will see that they get
    answered by International OP as soon as reasonably possible.

Take Care and keep up the GREAT work everyone!

Marsh Schneidau
    (aka Skywolf1)

Images
    Oke some more for you Marsch.

Q. Local (better say National) distributors are going to approve organizers? On which rules/conditions? I want the conditions, are they different for each country?
    Q. Is the tcg.com website the only one were you can find Leagues and is this site going to carry international leagues? Or does each country gets his own national database with leagues?
    Q. Does the National distributor who carries OP need to have an update website with the latest playingrules. Or at least a descent translation of the latest playingrules.
    Q. How many Premier TO's should there be in one country? Numbers related to citizen?
    Q. What are the conditions to be an Premier TO and do you have to be a PRemier TO to organize a prerelease event.

I really need answers, tomorrow i will have the last contact with our distributor. If they don't take those iceaged translated playingrules of their website i'm out of OP.
    Sorry but we offered coop. for 2 years and the last message i got was so frustrating, that i'm not prepared to give any more of my time to them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowgym
    I really need answers, tomorrow i will have the last contact with our distributor.
    Bear in mind that today is Sunday and PUI is closed for the weekend.

Images
    I hope one of the Premier TO's in the USA will read this the coming hours, because i need info about prerelease events most urgent. Already posted that question days ago on other forums.

there are so many events announced on this board there must be someone with answers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast